Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    k, I figured out the problem. It was actually a minor issue with the patch itself. I'll update webos quick install later today with a fix
    Speaking of PDF files... Is it just me, or is there no way to delete a PDF file from webOS without mounting a USB drive on a computer??
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    What's WOQICleanUp?
    That is a utility Jason released to scan the Pre and let you know if any files needed to be replaced - today's new utility will actually do the replacements for use.
    Steve
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by smkcpa View Post
    Does this eliminate the need for me to keep WOQICleanUp on my computer? (I am assuming that this new program replaces that?)
    Correct, this is the next evolution of my WOQICleanUp app

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    Speaking of PDF files... Is it just me, or is there no way to delete a PDF file from webOS without mounting a USB drive on a computer??
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...e-manager.html
    So this program takes away the reason in doctoring the phone even though we still need the doctor file?....how do we know (when its scanning the pre) and it says a file has been modified eg: its the virtual keyboard...how do we know its the keyboard file?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Yep. I have that installed. It just seems like a big hole for the PDF viewer app not to be able to do that.

Any chance you could do a patch to fix what is, in my opinion, another GAPING hole in webOS? It's browser does not support/recognize/respond to HTML anchors! Drives me nuts since a web site I run uses anchors heavily. Anchors have been around since HTML 1.x, so I am shocked that they do not work in webOS's browser when they work fine on Blackberry, iPhone, Firefox, IE, etc....

I reported this to Palm months ago and they say that it is in their bug database. I recently asked someone who had the leaked v1.2.0 webOS installed and he verified that anchors STILL are not working.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Jason- my scan took 13 minutes, and 7 files were replaced.

This is TRULY a great app!!!
    Steve
    You just saved my ignorant ****, Thank You!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    <off topic>

Jason, this WebOs stuff is too easy for you, how about a real challenge?:

App Request - HealthCare Repair Utility
    FrankenPre2!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhuff View Post
    <off topic>

Jason, this WebOs stuff is too easy for you, how about a real challenge?:

App Request - HealthCare Repair Utility
    He's Canadian.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Hmm. I click to launch and get a ca.canuck . . . etc. menu bar, but no scanning window. Ideas?

Mac OS X 10.4.11.
    Last edited by grappler; 09/23/2009 at 10:14 AM.
    Hey Jason, I ran the utility and found several different prompts. I'm assuming that when I get the prompt that states "file has been modified from original state" that this is a tweak and should be left alone, correct?

I counted 8 missing files (I attached one). Should these be replaced? I was thinking that maybe they were in this state due to tweaks but I believe tweaks does not remove files. I'm under the impression that tweaks either modifies them or comments out the original ones.

Thanks again Jason.

untitled.JPG
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Hey Jason, I ran the utility and found several different prompts. I'm assuming that when I get the prompt that states "file has been modified from original state" that this is a tweak and should be left alone, correct?

I counted 8 missing files (I attached one). Should these be replaced? I was thinking that maybe they were in this state due to tweaks but I believe tweaks does not remove files. I'm under the impression that tweaks either modifies them or comments out the original ones.
    yea tweaks doesn't remove files, and this app is is designed to be compliant with my tweaks system (and actually verifies the backups of the un-tweaked files are still clean )

Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Hmm. I click to launch and get a ca.canuck . . . etc. menu bar, but no scanning window. Ideas?

Mac OS X 10.4.11.
    Sounds as though you're opening the jar like a zip. I went the extra length for this app and got it 1.5 java capable, so it should work on your version of mac still
    Jason i just donated Thanks for all your hard work ! you kick ***
    Confirmation number: 0F7262566W177481R
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Jason- You have saved me an unbelievable amount of time - you should be working for Palm as their CTO!!!

(And I have just put my money where my mouth is - check your Paypal account)

Thanks,
    Steven M. Kaplan (smkcpa)
    Steve
    Great work, Jason. This is truly amazing.

I just scanned my device and left some of my modified files alone and replaced some missing files. I then immediately scanned again and I got some modified or missing files that were not detected on the first scan. Is it possible that files can be missed when scanning?

Thanks again!
  16.    #36  
    I've updated to v1.01 with several minor bugfixes (nothin serious, mostly cosmetic and code reorganization related stuff)
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    I just scanned my device and left some of my modified files alone and replaced some missing files. I then immediately scanned again and I got some modified or missing files that were not detected on the first scan. Is it possible that files can be missed when scanning?
    I'm mostly certain I fixed that in 1.01 (code re-organizing has its advantages )
    So if I've been having trouble getting the VK to work because of files missing or whatever has happened...I can run this program and it will restore missing files WITHOUT deleting my pictures, videos, contacts and all that good stuff??

I want the VK but the only way for me to do it is to run WebOSdoc but I dont want to lose my personal things. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    Great work, Jason. This is truly amazing.

Thanks again!
    Ditto for me - I ran a second scan and it found and added 2 missing files, and replaced 1 modified file. None of this showed up in the first scan.

I also received ERROR 20: Address already in use:connect
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by smkcpa View Post
    I also received ERROR 20: Address already in use:connect
    I got that message too several times and it restored a file when I would click OK.

Running 1.01
Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast