Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    JASON!!!

Everytime I tried to restore file on WebOs repair some worked and some did. sum just gave me an error and told me it couldnt find it. Is there something that can explain this??
    I am typing them in correctly so I not sure why sum work and sum dont.

As well on my application menu and my connection menu bar at top is no longer there instead there is a phone icon and a arrow!!!

A link is connected below... hopefully it works
    http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik...disp=inline&zw
    Quote Originally Posted by sirmicro View Post
    StoneRyno - how did you repair your launcher? My phone is not rooted and with the little bit of research I've done (instead of working like I'm suppose to be) I don't see any other way to get to the file structure I need to in order to put the correct file in place.
    I believe you can use Internalz app to do this. Copy the original file (after extracting it from webos doctor using 7zip) to the pre in drive mode. Then copy or move the file using Internalz ap on the pre to the proper folder in the apps folder which should overwrite the bad file. Reboot the pre and all should be normal again. I have not used Internalz so I'm assuming it can do what needs to be done.
  3.    #343  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I believe you can use Internalz app to do this. Copy the original file (after extracting it from webos doctor using 7zip) to the pre in drive mode. Then copy or move the file using Internalz ap on the pre to the proper folder in the apps folder which should overwrite the bad file. Reboot the pre and all should be normal again. I have not used Internalz so I'm assuming it can do what needs to be done.
    Nah, Internalz can't do this. I limit file writing/deleting in Internalz to /var/ and /media/internal/ for security/safety reasons.

I've updated WebOS Repair Utility to v1.5, which is fully 1.2-compatible

v1.5 - September 30, 09
    - WebOS 1.2-compatible
    - Added option to download WebOSDoctor
    I just tried to run it (1.5) so that it would download the doc and it errored out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Nah, Internalz can't do this. I limit file writing/deleting in Internalz to /var/ and /media/internal/ for security/safety reasons.

I've updated WebOS Repair Utility to v1.5, which is fully 1.2-compatible

v1.5 - September 30, 09
    - WebOS 1.2-compatible
    - Added option to download WebOSDoctor
    not sure if this is me...but the new RI for some reason is not seeing the 1.2 doctor
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Can someone please answer this for me - I have been searching but haven't found it yet:

I just recently updated to 1.02 - can I now install the homebrew apps? or do I have to wait for an update ?

and, if another webOS update occurs -- do I have to remove/uninstall ALL homebrew apps before updating ?

If anyone could answer this I would love you lol cheers im new!
  7.    #347  
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrognome View Post
    I just tried to run it (1.5) so that it would download the doc and it errored out.
    You mean you tried Tools->Download WebOSDoctor and got an error? What was the error specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    not sure if this is me...but the new RI for some reason is not seeing the 1.2 doctor
    Sure ya got the 1.2 webosdoctor? Keep in mind Palm changed the doctor url so you may still have the old 1.1. Tools->Download WebOSDoctor will download the current WebOSDoctor by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    Can someone please answer this for me - I have been searching but haven't found it yet:

I just recently updated to 1.02 - can I now install the homebrew apps? or do I have to wait for an update ?

and, if another webOS update occurs -- do I have to remove/uninstall ALL homebrew apps before updating ?

May wanna look in thread that are related to that stuff. This app does not install homebrew applications or deal with them at all
    Sure ya got the 1.2 webosdoctor? Keep in mind Palm changed the doctor url so you may still have the old 1.1. Tools->Download WebOSDoctor will download the current WebOSDoctor by the way.
    i did that exactly and still doesnt c it when its looking for it
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

RI will not download Webosdoctor. It errors out out, "Webosdoctor.jar not detected in the same folder as this program. Unable to launch."
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    RI will not download Webosdoctor. It errors out out, "Webosdoctor.jar not detected in the same folder as this program. Unable to launch."
    Yeah, I got the same error. I ended up putting an old webOSDoctor in the directory, just to get Repair Utility to launch, then used the new " - Added option to download WebOSDoctor" to download it to another folder, closed RepairUtility, copied the v1.2 version over...

Jason, was this an oversite? Kind of a catch 22. It will download webOSDoctor, but only if you already have it lol

Seems to me that it shouldn't error out on not having webOSDoctor until you click "Scan/Repair," and then should offer to go grab it in the same dialog that alerts you that you don't have it? Just a thought.

11.    #351  
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    Yeah, I got the same error. I ended up putting an old webOSDoctor in the directory, just to get Repair Utility to launch, then used the new " - Added option to download WebOSDoctor" to download it to another folder, closed RepairUtility, copied the v1.2 version over...

Jason, was this an oversite? Kind of a catch 22. It will download webOSDoctor, but only if you already have it lol

WebOS Repair Utility uses files in WebOSDoctor to connect to your Pre. It doesn't care which version of WebOSDoctor your have, but it needs to be in the same folder as WebOSRepairUtility. Then, for scanning and extracting files, WebOSDoctor v1.2 is specifically required.

The easiest way, of course, is to download WebOSDoctor from the link on post #1 and then download WebOSRepairUtility to the same folder.

The Tools->Download WebOSDoctor is for those who have an old version of WebOSDoctor and want to download the current v1.2.

I agree I should probably implement it better, but I wanted to get a 1-2-comptable version out asap, especially given the high potential for people to accidentally mess up their device, given the current non-functioning tweaks of WOSQI
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 09/30/2009 at 01:54 PM.
    WebOS Repair Utility uses files in WebOSDoctor to connect to your Pre. It doesn't care which version of WebOSDoctor your have, but it needs to be in the same folder as WebOSRepairUtility. Then, for scanning and extracting files, WebOSDoctor v1.2 is specifically required.

The easiest way, of course, is to download WebOSDoctor from the link on post #1 and then download WebOSRepairUtility to the same folder.

The Tools->Download WebOSDoctor is for those who have an old version of WebOSDoctor and want to download the current v1.2.
    So did that mean that you couldn't do it the way I suggested? Just seems a bit more intuitive that way.
    I don't recall having seen this feature before...

"View Diff" when "Conflict Found."

Very cool!

Is it new??

14.    #354  
    So did that mean that you couldn't do it the way I suggested? Just seems a bit more intuitive that way.
    I can't do it that way specifically, but I can clean up implementation in future releases

I don't recall having seen this feature before...
    "View Diff" when "Conflict Found."
    Very cool!
    Is it new??
    Been there since 1.3 I believe
    I agree I should probably implement it better, but I wanted to get a 1-2-comptable version out asap, especially given the high potential for people to accidentally mess up their device, given the current non-functioning tweaks of WOSQI
    I hope you didn't interpret my comments as criticism.

Jason, I think you do amazing amazing work. Very grateful for it! When that guy who wrote the iTunes Spoof patch went off on you, I actually had to walk away from the computer for a few minutes to cool off and not flame him!

A lot of people tell you how much you're appreciated in here, but I don't think you can be told enough: THANK YOU!!

(I'll be thanking you via PayPal within the week.)

I can't do it that way specifically, but I can clean up implementation in future releases
    Hmmm... How about including a download button in the "Cannot Find webOSDoctor" error message?? Is that more feasible?
  17.    #357  
    Hmmm... How about including a download button in the "Cannot Find webOSDoctor" error message?? Is that more feasible?
    That's what I was thinkin of doing, similar to WebOSQuickInstall
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post

go here( http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps ) to learn how to install homebrew apps, and no you dont have to delete homebrew apps before updating
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    how long is this supposed to take its been at least 45 mins!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    how long is this supposed to take its been at least 45 mins!!
    I'm not sure in this new version, but the old version took anywhere from about 45 minutes to 1.25 hours.