Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 1283
  1. #281  
    Quote:
    1) Remove the battery
    2) Press and hold the volume up button
    3) Plug the USB charging cable into the wall charger, and insert the USB cable into the Pre.(you will see a picture of a battery and a question mark at this point)
    4) Insert the battery.
    5) Release the volume up button.



    At this point, you will see a full-screen "USB" symbol, instead of the normal small USB symbol over a picture of the Pre. DO NOT CONNECT THE PRE TO YOUR PC YET. Once the webOS Doctor asks you to plug in the Pre, take the USB cable out of the wall charger, and plug it into your USB port on the PC. The "Found New Hardware" wizard will run, installing "Novacom" drivers. After that completes, the "Next" button will light up in webOS Doctor, and allow you to finish repairing your device.

    Source: WebOS Doctor Issues

    this is what hes talking about
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  2. #282  
    So no more losing data due to WebOS Doctor?
  3.    #283  
    New version is out. Those getting connection errors and other errors, be sure to try out this one.


    It'd be appreciated if ppl could try testing out this new version. if this update works, I wanna integrate the same change to webos quick install for 2.54 release


    v1.3 - September 27, 09
    - Attempted fix at keep device in tune with computer, preventing false positives and skipping files
    - Much more detailed verbose logging
    - Minor bugfix with override compatibility and tweaks
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 09/27/2009 at 09:59 PM.
  4. TritonB7's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #284  
    Im using version 1.3 and I get the following error 20 message: Address already in use: connect. File it stopped on was /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.bluetooth/framework_config.json

    I clicked okay and it started scanning again and the scan stopped at /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/images/history-icon.png. Currently it's just sitting there not doing anything.
  5. #285  
    First run with the new version hung:

    Scanning /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/images/browser-indeterminate-progress.png
    Found md5sum: bd50722603f507aa2992fc6a5d200964
    Expected md5sum: bd50722603f507aa2992fc6a5d200964
    Scanning /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/images/menu-icon-clear.png
    Found md5sum: c4bf17bad875d61a2796c1eb1ee3cdb3

    Nothing more was output. That file isn't changed. Second run it locked up at:

    Scanning /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/images/search-results-background.png
    Found md5sum: c9fb84d3dca7b7b6b2a4b2296917a5d6

    It did seem to slow down a bit just before it died. This is running on OS X 10.5.8.

    Edit: As a followup, I tried with logging turned off and I eventually got two Error 20's and it stopped.
  6.    #286  
    Now out, v1.31

    v1.31 - September 28, 09
    - Better memory management
    - Many critical bugfixes


    If you're use any previous version, I highly recommend downloading this new version. I fixed many issues. If anybody gets Error 20 again, be sure to report what it say on the popup next to "Stream content" (though hopefully 1.31 won't give that error )
  7. #287  
    Cool, thanks for the update. I think I had some false positives this morning.

    Will try this version.

    I am using ubuntu jaunty and the font is too big, it doesn't appear to reflect changes in system dpi setting either so it must be java? Any ideas?
  8. #288  
    I can't find the words to tell you how great your work is. unreal
  9. #289  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Now out, v1.31

    v1.31 - September 28, 09
    - Better memory management
    - Many critical bugfixes


    If you're use any previous version, I highly recommend downloading this new version. I fixed many issues. If anybody gets Error 20 again, be sure to report what it say on the popup next to "Stream content" (though hopefully 1.31 won't give that error )
    Jason thanks for your great work! It there any way you could integrate a version update check on your apps? Things move so fast around here that it can be difficult to monitor all the threads and keep abreast of all the updates!
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  10.    #290  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Jason thanks for your great work! It there any way you could integrate a version update check on your apps? Things move so fast around here that it can be difficult to monitor all the threads and keep abreast of all the updates!
    lol, yea, I may have to. in the meantime my twitter works well with update announcements


    So can anyone verify if this new version works or not?
  11. #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Now out, v1.31

    v1.31 - September 28, 09
    - Better memory management
    - Many critical bugfixes


    If you're use any previous version, I highly recommend downloading this new version. I fixed many issues. If anybody gets Error 20 again, be sure to report what it say on the popup next to "Stream content" (though hopefully 1.31 won't give that error )
    Hey jay...finally the RU works...ran with override compatability enabled...did a scan that took almost an hour 10 minutes and it fixed the files that were tweaked and all the parts of the theme I had installed and the virtual keyboard...when done...Applied the theme...VK and tweaks with no hassle...and I didn't have to doctor my phone again...thank you sooo much...ur the ***** man!
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  12.    #292  
    New version out, v1.4

    v1.4 - September 28, 09
    - Internal code cleanup
    - Better handling of when a file isn't found in WebOSDoctor
    - Fixed issue that would occasionally cause error with ViewDiff
  13. #293  
    I will try this new version. I gave up on the last one. Over 35 attempts. I couldn't get my computer slow enough to run it. When I put it on my daughters webbook, worked a charm.
  14. #294  
    I can use all tweaks but doesnt let me download in web browser quick install keeps giving me an error
    error:unable to process patch to
    /usr/palm/applications/.com.palm.app.browser
    /app/views/download/download-container.html

    java.lang.index out of bounds exception;
    index:-1,size;3

    please help or email greg@foleymetal.com
  15.    #295  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    I will try this new version. I gave up on the last one. Over 35 attempts. I couldn't get my computer slow enough to run it. When I put it on my daughters webbook, worked a charm.
    Be sure to tell me how v1.4 treats you. I believe I've adjusted for that issue (hopefully).
  16. #296  
    Well, we're back where we were with 1.2, only it takes longer to get there. It hangs as soon as it hits a modified file. Here's the 2nd run attempt:

    Scanning /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json
    Found md5sum: 23b8522d3a9fa09ed706e93df64bd40c
    Expected md5sum: d911c34103fbd7a287c46a2f277d4a10
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json

    And it just stops right there and never budges again. I assume it's supposed to keep going or offer me the option to restore it.

    I was able to restore the file by using the 'restore specific file' option. I'll run again now that I've replaced that file.
  17.    #297  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyS View Post
    Well, we're back where we were with 1.2, only it takes longer to get there. It hangs as soon as it hits a modified file. Here's the 2nd run attempt:

    Scanning /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json
    Found md5sum: 23b8522d3a9fa09ed706e93df64bd40c
    Expected md5sum: d911c34103fbd7a287c46a2f277d4a10
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json

    And it just stops right there and never budges again. I assume it's supposed to keep going or offer me the option to restore it.

    I was able to restore the file by using the 'restore specific file' option. I'll run again now that I've replaced that file.
    And this is with 1.4, not 1.3, right?
  18. #298  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    And this is with 1.4, not 1.3, right?
    Right, 1.4. Sorry for the slow response, it was running again. It hung up again at the next different file: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
  19. #299  
    I removed the theme but left all tweaks as of 2.53 and got 1 of the same errors as RoyS did, I replaced the following and just finish removing all tweaks from 2.53 running 1.4 again will report what comes up


    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.

    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css
    --user restored file.


    Edit:
    After removing the all tweaks run 1.4 and did not get any errors took about 55 minutes, I will apply the tweaks from 2.6 WebOs see if the character counter finally cooperates with me
    Last edited by miguelchin36; 09/28/2009 at 01:09 PM.
  20. #300  
    Getting ready to scan my pre with 1.4 but I thought I'd share a recommendation for wording in the dialog box for override compatibility, change "and is not generally recommended" to and is generally not recommended".

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions