Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464 ... LastLast
    downloaded devmode to my sisters phone. Did the first tweak in instructions-battery showing % only. Phone reset as it should, but came back up with a "white strip" on top No longer shows sprint, battery, time. When plugged into the computer we no longer get the option for charging, usb, media-we get nothing. It has worked fine so far on my phone. The sprint store could not fix and said she needs new phone. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by woodleydog View Post
    I ran the Repair, and these files popped up:

/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs

/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css

I tried to repair, but got a "file open failed" error message, but then in the dialogue box it says " user restored file" - anyone else get this?

Things SEEM to be running OK, but you never know,so I thought I'd check...
    Do you have the Virtual Keyboard? Those are the two files it modifies. Just ignore those.
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    what is the name for the file that i can use to repair the bar at the top of the screen, because now its just a white blank.
    Quote Originally Posted by flywithjoani View Post
    downloaded devmode to my sisters phone. Did the first tweak in instructions-battery showing % only. Phone reset as it should, but came back up with a "white strip" on top No longer shows sprint, battery, time. When plugged into the computer we no longer get the option for charging, usb, media-we get nothing. It has worked fine so far on my phone. The sprint store could not fix and said she needs new phone. Any suggestions?
    Reboot the pre and the pc, make sure you are using the usb cable that came with the pre, and plug in again. You can also try different usb ports and pcs if it still doesn't work after the reboots. You can even try rebooting between each attempt of pugging into a different port or pc. Alternatively if you have setup the ability to ssh you can access the linux file system through winscp put it in read write mode and then copy and paste the original file from inside webos doctor to it's place on the pre. This of course is the not as easy way and why webos repair utility is so nice. I'd love to see webos quick install and repair utility be able to work over wifi.
    It might be nice to have a log that doesn't erase the last entry when you scan. It could have the date and time then the last results under it. I had a scan where it gave me an error about a browser file being different and I chose to replace it. The file was not found in WebOSDoctor and the scan kept going. I figured it was a fluke so I ran it again and it came up with no errors. Now I can't install the download from browser tweak and I don't know that one file that was bad. I have a feeling the two are related. Thanks again for this app!
    I tried to use this utility yesterday on my 1.1.0 Pre, and it was a no go. After 45 minute of non-stop ERROR 3: ERROR 5:, and later a few ERROR 4: I gave up.

My Pre does not like me LOL.

Hi guys I am new to the forum. I just got my Pre about two weeks ago and just recently rooted it. However the earpiece on that broke so when I get the new phone I rooted my device again via novacom on Windows XP 64bit but I didnt update my WEBOS to v1.1 before i rooted and I cant even use webOS Doctor to fix my phone again.
    The only real problems I encountered are with certain applications and my messaging. I cant type a SMS txt message or do anything with the messaging program on my phone.
    I cant use the internet on my phone.
    Whenever I run the webOS doctor it usually gets to the "Checking system" i press next then about 2 minutes after it says "Charging Battery" it says I disconnected my phone.. which is ridiculous. It then fails to recognize i have a device connected until I take the battery out and reboot.
    Anyone ever have these problems or know how to fix it?
    I was hoping once the webOS v1.2 comes out it will let me update and somehow fix itself.
    Please reply if you have ANY info that might be helpful.
    Thanks
    -Spark
    why can you not use web doctor???? oh i c

try using the webos restore utility it should be able to fix this
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    So I just wanna be sure, but this utility does a full scan of the phone correct?
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    No I can't.. It tells me Ive disconnected my phone when I still have it connected. It will go to "Charging Battery" screen for a few minutes then tell me I disconnected my phone. Ive used the webOS repair utility to scan and repair but I still had the same issues with messaging and the web, etc.
  11.    #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    So I just wanna be sure, but this utility does a full scan of the phone correct?
    Not all.

It scans:
    /usr/lib/luna/*
    /usr/palm/applications/*
    /usr/palm/frameworks/*
    /usr/palm/sounds/*
    /usr/palm/sysmgr/*
    /usr/palm/emoticons/*
    try just charge ur battery for 2 to 4 hours and then hook it up and do the web doctor. this issue came up with someone else , if the phone is not properly charged it will do that because the phone cuts off when the battery gets down to a certain percentage, even with the charger pluged in . so try that and see what happens
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Well my battery was near 100% if not fully charged when I tried this the first time. Im not sure why but now it wont detect my phone i may have to remove the battery again and try to reboot while holding the Up volume rocker to put it into that USB mode or whatever. Do you think when webOS v1.2 comes out that it may correct the problem and replace all the old files? I thought there had to be another way to wipe my PRE and get it back to factory settings without running webOS doctor cause this obviously isnt working. wont detect my device and when it does it tells me I keep disconnecting it even with a full battery
    try getting another cable at sprint first this sounds like it is really loseing connection and there was another person in here that somehow got a bad cable as well .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    you should probably go start posting this in the webos 1.2 cont. thread maybe someone in there has seen this issue .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Ok man thanks Im going watch the New Orleans Saints whoop the Bills *** hopefully haha. After that I ll post again, hopefully someone has seen this before like you said and maybe I can try another cable who knows. Thanks again
    -Spark
    If you go into Task Manager and then click the services tab. Then right click the NovacomD service. Select stop and then unplug your Pre then plug back in. Then right click the NovacomD service again and click start service. This service locks up on me quite often and this is what I do to fix it. Or you could unplug you Pre and restart you PC. Let me know if this works for you.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

When I click scan it wants me to choose a file? What should I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_FTW View Post
    When I click scan it wants me to choose a file? What should I do.
    Browse to the location of webosdoctor.jar on your computer and select that file.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    You may wish to try steps located at the bottom of this thread: "Can't get WebOS Doctor to recognize Pre"

I had a similar issue and it was resolved by following these steps.