Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Whenever in doubt, check the "View Diff" button and see what's different specifically
    Okay cool, anyways the program works fantastic. It actually seems like my phone works a little faster now. I restored both files, so whatever they were probably good that I restored them. I disabled all tweaks before doing this as well. Just to be safe..

Thank Jason for the great work, can't thank you enough.
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    update: I just tried this WobOS Repair Utility on my Windows 7 64-bit system and the tool seems to have worked flawlessly. No matter what I try, it fails to function properly on my OSX Snow Leopard system. The only issue I'm seeing now is when using WebOSQuickInstaller2.53 and trying to apply the browser download patch, but it seems like that may be a known bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Regarding the Nascar/NFL apps, I just remembered those apps aren't in the the base WebOS, they're in the Sprint customization. Thus why they weren't being scanned.
    Any chance WOQR could be extended to scan through the customization folder(s) in WebOSDoctor? I remember seeing NFL/NASCAR in a Sprint folder, and I vaguely remember seeing one other customization folder in the WebOSDoctor.jar file - not sure if it's being scanned already, but if not, it'd be nice. Scanning those folders would allow WOQR to really return a Pre to factory state...without nuking all one's content on the device the way WebOSDoctor does.
    Jason, any chance to look at the problem we posted a few pages back?

I keep getting Error 4: C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\file (The system cannot find the file specified). I click OK and it continues. And then I get "**File not found in WebOSDoctor**"

This is happening on initial scan of my pre... all the gory details were provided on my original post.

Thanks again !
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    I posted #160, but did not provide much information, so I'll try again. I am running RepairTool 1.21. After I select webOSDoctor, I get an error (picture1.png). Hitting OK starts the scan normally. Sometime early in the scan I get error (picture2.png). When I hit OK, I get error (picture3.png). These errors then repeat over and over. I am expecting to only get 3 errors (DevMode swither which I can't explain and 2 for the VK I have installed. I turned on verbose logging to help debug. I only get the 3 errors that I expect. Viewing differences always gives a not found error (picture5.png).

I am running an iMac 10.5.8. Since it works fine with verbose logging on, could it be a timing issue?
    Jason FYI. After having all these problems, I tried installing on my Windows Vista virtual machine (VMware). After getting it installed, it ran perfect. Even the "diff" view worked that would not work on native iMac (got not found message). In addition it ran much slower on the Vista VM. Looks to me like a timing issue. Feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do to help.
    Hi Jason,

I'm Using...
    WebOS Quick Install v2.53
    webOS Doctorp100ewwsprint v1.1 (webOSDoctor.jar).

I got a Error Message when i choose: (Character Counter).
    is there anyway i can fix the error... Thank You.

ERROR: Unable process patch to
    /usr/palm/application/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css

difflib.PatchFailedException: Incorrect Chuck: the chuck content doesn't match the target
    Last edited by mcpreos2009; 09/25/2009 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Wrong Info!... sorry
    How long should the webOSDoctor file take to load? Mine has been going for quite some time now.
    Hey Jason great work u have done ...but like always i have a question lol... i remember when once time i ask you about how to remove my tether safety because i rooter , so i never get the answer from no one and what i did is uninstall with webos QI in device management and then install again with preware is working fine but ill like to know if i should run webos repair utility to know if the old tether is perfectly removed!!!

thanks one more time man!!!
  9. b_p
    Jason

I don't typically post to forums and I've NEVER donated to anyone on line before, but I've gotten so much enjoyment from your work on WebOSQuickinstall and now this. Well I doubled what I was going to donate and just sent it off to you. Thanks for all of your hard work but please do me a favor and use part of my donation to buy yourself a nice frosty Canadian Beer.

On another note I really hope that you're a CSCI major and you've found a way to get credit for all of this at school.
    Jason, too bad you aren't in Toronto, I'd take you for that frosty Canadian beer mentioned above.
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Interesting...my Java 64-bit worked...took a while, but it finally finished repairing all after about 3 or 4 hours
    Wow. After about 2 hours I gave up and thouught it was broken. Guess I'll run it overnight....
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Wow. After about 2 hours I gave up and thouught it was broken. Guess I'll run it overnight....

Ran it over night. No success. I can't get this program to finish running once. It starts, then stalls, starts again, stalls again. When it does run, it runs SUPER fast but then freezes.

Help.

Oh yeah, win vista/64bit, newest java,repair util - latest. Version as of last night (friday) and woqi, ditto.

Bought notebook yesterday just for my webos activities... HP dv4-1040 but I'm sure that's not relevant.
    Last edited by JohnnyPre; 09/26/2009 at 06:28 AM.
    Ran it over night. No success. I can't get this program to finish running once. It starts, then stalls, starts again, stalls again. When it does run, it runs SUPER fast but then freezes.

Help.

Oh yeah, win vista/64bit, newest java,repair util - latest. Version as of last night (friday) and woqi, ditto.

Bought notebook yesterday just for my webos activities... HP dv4-1040 but I'm sure that's not relevant.

I am running the exact same thing. Try downloading the WebOs doctor again.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Did that too. Downloaded from webosdoc & the link direct. Both version of webosdoc are the same size just dif. Names.

I've got adaware & norton but that shouldn't stop java....
    Did that too. Downloaded from webosdoc & the link direct. Both version of webosdoc are the same size just dif. Names.

I've got adaware & norton but that shouldn't stop java....
    Oh yes, That would not surprise me. I have had way to many issues with Norton. That is very much a possiblity. I have run this utility on XP, Vista 64, and windows 7 with no issues. So it has to be something like that.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

I ran the Repair, and these files popped up:

/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs

/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css

I tried to repair, but got a "file open failed" error message, but then in the dialogue box it says " user restored file" - anyone else get this?

Things SEEM to be running OK, but you never know,so I thought I'd check...
    Last edited by woodleydog; 09/26/2009 at 09:49 AM.
    much appreciation for this drop. its definitely needed
    So I've managed to have parts of themes left behind and was wondering if anyone could help me with specific paths so I can use repair specific codes feature on the repair utility as opposed to restoring everything heres what I need:

The unlock screen is still the one from left for dead
    My tasks still looks like a road with blood on it
    My memos still looks like a cork board with blood on it
    Finally when I open music I get a 7

Thanks to anyone who can help
    if you run the program it should bring up the different thing that have been changed and then you pick the ones to fix . thats what i gather . of course i have not had to use it thank God, lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    thanks