Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060 ... LastLast
    Having this error when enabling "download in browser". Running webos 1.1 with homebrew apps installed, disabled ALL tweaks in webos QI 2.03 before trying to check any in 2.53.

Someone please help, I really don't want to root to repair this.

Ditto
    Oops, wrong thread. Can someone move to webos QI thread? Or I can just repost. Sorry!
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I originally got the error 4 message trying to install vk. There is a new version of vk 3.2 which was deployed last night. I believe it removes post installation files and vk installed without issue
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Sorry for not reading the whole thread, so someone may have mentioned (and solved) this, but...

I keep getting Error 4: C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\file (The system cannot find the file specified). I click OK and it continues.

Sometimes, I get "**File not found in WebOSDoctor**". Does this mean that it couldn't restore from the WebOSDoctor that I downloaded?
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Curious...is it recommended to "fix" everything? Updating to 1.2.1 is going to overwrite system files anyways.
    It all started whiel trying to get rid of the "x%" battery indicator and using WebOS Repair Utility...

I ran WebOS install and all the PRE was clean except that the "x%" battery icon would not revert back to the default battery icon. i decided to "webOS install change the icon to both the battery and % indicators. My PRE didnt like that and now shows an all white bar across the top of the screen where all the "SPRINT"..."TIME"....and battery indicators are shown. When I plug the phone to my PC, I don't get any of the choice buttons anymore, and I don't get the choice buttons when I hold down the power button anymore. Also when I decided to "DOC" the PRE, DOC keeps saying that I need to directly connect the PRE to my PC,of which is already done and confirmed. I can "orange+sym+r" to reset the PRE ,, but that's about it.

ANY suggestions??????? I'm waiting now....THANKS!!!!!!!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Restart the Pre and as it is booting hold the Volume Up button, I believe this'll put it into recovery mode and then you can connect it to the doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Restart the Pre and as it is booting hold the Volume Up button, I believe this'll put it into recovery mode and then you can connect it to the doctor.
    ok, WebDoc running, says " connect phone directly to PC ( that's done ). The next button is greyed out. That tells me it does not see my PRE. YIKES!!!!!!
    Basically your Pre should display the black and white USB symbol if done properly...

Pretty sure it's the up Volume button but it might be the down, there's a whole FAQ about this somewhere else, that and on the webos wiki.

Just calm down though, it's fixable.
    The reason I ran it today was because my Pre has been off on the Time, I have gone back and forth changing from Network Time On, and Time Zone On. But for some reason the clock is usually an hour off. Could any of these errors be the problem?

Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/launcher/icon-15.png.bak
    --user ignored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.collectlogs/stylesheets/collectlogs.css
    --user ignored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.notes/images/checkbox-solid-pink.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/images/backdrop-firstuse.png
    --user ignored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.tasks/images/elastic.png
    --user ignored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/app/views/networklist/networklist-item.html
    --user restored file.
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/formats/sg.json
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/media/resources/fr_ca/strings.json
    --user restored file.
    Scan complete!
    ==============================
    Quote Originally Posted by forsethc View Post
    Sorry for not reading the whole thread, so someone may have mentioned (and solved) this, but...

I keep getting Error 4: C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\file (The system cannot find the file specified). I click OK and it continues.

Sometimes, I get "**File not found in WebOSDoctor**". Does this mean that it couldn't restore from the WebOSDoctor that I downloaded?
    I'm having this exact problem...

I have 1.21, Windows XP Pro, Palm Pre WebOS 1.1, on Bell.

I got this pre last week and it had a severe wiggle in the hardware so they sent me a new one which is MUCH tighter, so I want to switch phones. I was hoping to use your app here to x-fer my config to the new phone, but I'm getting identical problems to forsethc above, every 5-10 files it's giving me that error 4 and can't find file in WebOSDoctor. Is this a known problem? (BTW, I had the same problem with 1.01 before I upgraded to 1.21... no change). I used the Bell WebOS doctor from the link you provided, and renamed it webOSDoctor.jar as instructed, I also tried with the original webOSDoctor.jar file I had already - again no change.

I can install tweaks and apps no problem... but I can't get this to work.

From what I have seen you know you're stuff solid, so Im hoping you can advise here. THANKS !

-Stu
    See if these instructions help.

How To Recover - WebOS Internals

Use the second half when your Pre is not recognized.
    Running 1.21 with webOSDoctor freshly downloaded today using hte link from the OP and get:

Code:
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.collectlogs/app/views/level/mojo-header.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/models/phonenumber-model.jsjsjs
    --$user$ $restored$ $file$.
    $Modified$ $file$ $found$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$deviceinfo$/$app$/$views$/$interactivetests$/$interactivetests$-$scene$.$html$
    $Modified$ $file$ $found$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$views$/$senderror$-$dashboard$/$senderror$-$dashboard$-$scene$.$html$
    $Modified$ $file$ $found$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$firstuse$/$images$/$tutorial$/$gesture_area_glow_small$/$gesture_glow_small_00251$.$png$
    $Modified$ $file$ $found$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$musicplayer$/$images$/$startup$/$music$-$palm$-$scrim$.$png$
    $File$ $missing$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$musicplayer$/$resources$/$es_us$/$views$/$albumsongs$/$albumsongs$-$scene$.$html$
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/poundMsl-assistant.jsjsjs
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/views/emergencymode/emergencymode-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/stylesheets/screenlock.css
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.videoplayer/launcher/resources/es_us/views/browser/browser-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.videoplayer/resources/es_us/views/browser/browser-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/textfield/textfield.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_pl/alternatechars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_gb/alternatechars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/es_us/stylesheets/global.css
    --user restored file.
    Scan complete!
    Verbose provides no more detail. Previously removed all tweaks. Using Overide Compatibility.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/24/2009 at 12:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Basically your Pre should display the black and white USB symbol if done properly...

Pretty sure it's the up Volume button but it might be the down, there's a whole FAQ about this somewhere else, that and on the webos wiki.

Just calm down though, it's fixable.
    LOL....as they say...a first time for everything!!! The greyed out button didnt change...decided to reboot PC and PRE and reconnect.....that cleared up and webDOC is scanning for my PRE.....if that does not work....I will check the web Internals tips......(sweating...fast heartbeat..LOL)..

update: WebDOC: Phone Disconnected..Click ok to try again. I never bothered the PRE in the first place.....gezzz
    scan 1
    Code:
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/page/page-title.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/resources/es_us/views/preferences/preferences-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calculator/appinfo.json
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calculator/images/button-white-pressed.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calculator/images/backspace.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/participants-icon-notattending.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/cal-selector-header-yellow.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/calendar-dtl/timedate-header-background.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/images/speed-dial-icon-assigned-two.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/javascripts/CommandSystem.jsjsjs
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/accountlogin/accountlogin-error-msg.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/address-edit/fields.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/es_us/views/fullName/fullName-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.dataimport/app/views/sync-data/sync-data-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.dateandtime/app/controllers/dateandtimeconfig-assistant.jsjsjs
    $File$ $missing$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$deviceinfo$/$images$/$shiftDown$.$png$
    **$File$ $not$ $found$ $in$ $WebOSDoctor$**
    $File$ $missing$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$deviceinfo$/$images$/$header$-$icon$-$deviceinfo$.$png$
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.docviewer/app/views/outline/listitem.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/fade-arrow-up.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/fade-arrow-down.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/tutorial/gesture_area_glow_big/gesture_glow_big_00241.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/tutorial/gesture_area_glow_small/gesture_glow_small_00257.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/tutorial/gesture_area_glow_small/gesture_glow_small_00229.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/views/poundDataAdvanced/listitem.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/views/preflist/networkrestrictimage.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/.project
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/resources/es_us/views/albums/albums-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.usbpassthrough/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    $File$ $missing$: /$usr$/$palm$/$images$/$accounts$/$facebook$.$png$
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/images/accounts/sms-32x32.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/images/view-menu-gradient-white.png
    --user restored file.
    Scan complete!
    Multiple error 20 already in use: connect
    The reason I ran it today was because I have been having issues with my clock. It has been an hour off for the last two days. I have toggled both the Network Time Settings, but nothing. I ran the Utility today and here are the errors:

Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/launcher/icon-15.png.bak
    --user ignored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.collectlogs/stylesheets/collectlogs.css
    --user ignored file.

File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/images/backdrop-firstuse.png
    --user ignored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.tasks/images/elastic.png
    --user ignored file.

File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/app/views/networklist/networklist-
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets
    Scan complete!
    Any Ideas?
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I'm still getting ERROR 20 connect just before the MD5 error. Also, I checked several of the image files it wanted to replace and they at least visually looked the same to me. I don't really understand why it would want to replace an email icon which should never have changed. No themes or tweaks installed.

I got an ERROR 4, (The system cannot find the file specified).
    • Could add an ignore all button or maybe just a scan only button?
    • Could you open the webOSDoctor.jar if it's in the same directory?
    • If it is in scan only mode, could you direct error messages to the log so that I don't have to click OK?
    • Could you list a summary of what happened at the end of the log? Files scanned, missing, replaced, different, ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    redownloaded webosdoctor

scan 2
    Code:
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    $Modified$ $file$ $found$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$views$/$prefs$/$prefs$-$defaultcal$.$html$
    $File$ $missing$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$views$/$edit$/$recurrence$-$warning$.$html$
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/models/contacts_mock_service.jsjsjs
    $File$ $missing$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$docviewer$/$app$/$controllers$/$slidetext$-$assistant$.$js$
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.docviewer/images/DVZ_logo.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/models/im-model.jsjsjs
    $File$ $missing$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$list$-$assistant$.$js$
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/views/accounts/favoritefolder_entry.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/picture/picture-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/resources/es_us/views/invalidsim/invalidsim-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/serviceicon-sms.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/mms-icon-vcard.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/menu-icon-chatbuddylist.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/transports/sms-logo.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.notes/images/memos-grid-note-green-press.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.notes/images/memos-grid-note-yellow.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.streamingmusicplayer/stylesheets/media.css
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/images/menu-icon-compose.png
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/images/radiobutton-last.png
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/webview/certwarn-dialog.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/formats/ee.json
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/es_es/views/webview/webview-userpass.html
    --user restored file.
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/fr_fr/alternatechars_table_azerty.json
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/fr_fr/views/webview/webview-userpass.html
    --user restored file.
    File missing: /usr/palm/emoticons/emoticon-innocent.png
    --user restored file.
    Scan complete!
    still Multiple error 20 already in use: connect
    BTW, here are a couple captures of the errors... I tried going through with verbose logging turned on, but I've been hitting OK on those errors for an hour now, and still haven't gotten all the way through.

Thanks ! if I ever do get through the verbose I'll send the file.