Page 1 of 16 123456 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    WebOS Theme Builder 3.1

This app will let theme creators easily create themes zips, nice and neatly. This zip file is both compatible with PreCentral Theme Gallery and the PreThemer website uploading, and of course, is 100% compatible with WebOS Quick Install. GPL license. Usage is pretty straightforward. If you have any issues/questions, feel free to post in this thread.

Furthermore, as of v3.0, it's even compatible with sconix's Theme Manager, allowing creation of themes that support multiple devices and versions..

Download: https://webos-theme-builder.googleco...uilder-3.1.jar

Source: https://code.google.com/p/webos-theme-builder/

Requirements:
    Java 1.6 or greater

Changelog
    v3.1 - November 12, 2011
    - Improved theme loading
    - Fixed bug with adding version aliases
    - Misc minor bugfixes

v3.0 - November 2, 2011
    - Massive overhaul to support sconix's Theme Manager, with backward support for old themes
    - Supports multiple devices and multiple webOS versions in a single theme
    - Supports entry categories
    - Able to import old-format themes into the new format
    - Improved entry editing
    - Improved user interface
    - Many bugfixes

v2.0 - November 2, 2009
    - Added "open theme" option to open/edit themes
    - Complete GUI redesign
    - Double-click a file entry to edit it
    - Added a "bulk add" option to add many files at once
    - Added patch creation/adding
    - Added a large theme assistant

v1.2 - September 19, 2009
    - Initial public release
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 11/12/2011 at 09:56 PM.
    You friggin rock!
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I was wondering if this was coming soon. Nice job. I have tried to make a few twins...but my 5 month twins take priority....nice job.
    wow! Great job!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    WHOA!!!! Quick Install 2.5 and now this!!!!! YOU ARE THE MAN JASON!!!!
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    This will allow a lot of people to customize their webOS handsets. Good job!
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    I have been working with Jason on this and I personally love the .xml format idea. All of my themes are already in this format... I know Jason is super busy so I will be willing to help with questions as well Jason is a great guy, and his programs work great.

All of my themes are in the Theme Gallery, and I have made a new site with info on my themes Palm Pre Themes - Home
    What is great about this is we all have the same phone but they are all customized to make them all unique.
    Jason you are the man, a thousand thank you's!!! keep up the great work!
    Ohhhhhh yeah! Great job, time to try this out over the weekend
    Is there any way to get any instructions for the program. I don't know where to start. All I know is what I want for a theme...
    "The Pre is nice..."
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdiddyfan View Post
    Is there any way to get any instructions for the program. I don't know where to start. All I know is what I want for a theme...
    The builder simply makes the .xml file, you have to do everything else...
    I really don't understand, but guess I'll find out soon enough. I have pictures I'd like to add. How??
    "The Pre is nice..."
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    You need to have the file you want to change, properly named and know the location..
    I get it. It's just zipping the theme together. I have to make the theme myself. Oh well...someday...
    "The Pre is nice..."
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I'm with pdiddyfan, I have ideas and images, but is there a chance of a how-to with the proper names and locations?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    WebOS Theme Builder 1.2

Usage is pretty straightforward. If you have any issues/questions, feel free to post in this thread.

Requirements:
    Java 1.5 or greater

Changelog
    v1.2 - September 19, 09
    - Initial public release

I must say that the usage is not straightforward for those of us that don't know how to make themes. Thanks, but I think I'll give this thread more life over the next few days and maybe then we may have a better idea on how to use the app and to make our own themes...
    "The Pre is nice..."
  18.    #18  
    One suggestion I can give is try downloading themes on the theme gallery and look inside the theme.xml file to see the locations the images install to.

I could prepare a list of common image locations if that'd help
    so could we essentialy just open a previously made theme and save over the images we wanted to replace, rename it then upload it?
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebogman View Post
    so could we essentialy just open a previously made theme and save over the images we wanted to replace, rename it then upload it?
    I have no problem if you do that with my themes, but since I did all of the base/leg work... I would like a mention (credit) in the theme description... I think that is only fair... I have put countless hours into the structure of my .xml and finding the images that need to modified...

Does this sound reasonable?

Nick
Page 1 of 16 123456 11 ... LastLast