Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    When I load in a finished theme and edit it, I can't get the wallpaper to show up. I am putting in a 320x 480 jpg. If i use WOSQI to add the theme to my phone that is the only thing not changing. If I upload the same zip to pre themer and install via preware the only thing that seems to work are the Icons even after I re edit the backgrounds of the photo app. Phone, launcher and the boot logos from within the prethemer web app.

Still having alot of fun w/ it though!!!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Jason, on the Theme Assistant in v2.0 - I am having an issue with the file/directory screen. When I try to select an icon or image to use in Theme Assistant, I am able to run thru the directories just fine the first time. If I search for any other files after that, I am unable to select any other directory. What happens is the dropdown with the directory name will open & immediately close, not allowing me to choose the enclosing directory (or any other directory, for that matter).

Any issue like this for anyone else?

I have a Macbook Pro running 10.5.8 (don't know if this is helpful).

JASON -Thank you SO MUCH for everything you do for the Pre community!!!!
    Hello @ all i have a problem with this Software!

How can i open the .jar File that i can use the Software? I use Winrar and also Java but i canīt open the Software?

Thanks a lot for help!

Sincerly
    Jason:

I was updating a theme I was working on and when I attempted to build the zip file I received the error: "Could not write to .xml file"

- I chose to build the .zip over an existing zip and it turns out the .xml file is now blank.
    - I've since closed out of the theme builder so I doubt there are any temp files left behind?? Or are there?

- I had attempted to updated two things:
    1. Changed a directory of an image (as I had previously typed it wrong).
    2. I Updated the description which might have had a special character in it (as I copy and pasted it from a word document that was list formated).

- I still have the theme installed on the emulator, any chance of being able to recompile the .xml (besides doing it by hand?)
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    When I load in a finished theme and edit it, I can't get the wallpaper to show up. I am putting in a 320x 480 jpg. If i use WOSQI to add the theme to my phone that is the only thing not changing. If I upload the same zip to pre themer and install via preware the only thing that seems to work are the Icons even after I re edit the backgrounds of the photo app. Phone, launcher and the boot logos from within the prethemer web app.

Still having alot of fun w/ it though!!!
    you'll need to ask PreThemer. His site does the conversion from the xml/zip

Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    Any issue like this for anyone else?
    I have a Macbook Pro running 10.5.8 (don't know if this is helpful).
    Strange, I'll look into it. It's supposed to remember directory you were previously at, to save time. perhaps Macs handle that oddly.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone88 View Post
    How can i open the .jar File that i can use the Software? I use Winrar and also Java but i canīt open the Software?
    Do not use WinRar. Make sure you are up to date with Java v1.6.

Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    - I chose to build the .zip over an existing zip and it turns out the .xml file is now blank.
    - I've since closed out of the theme builder so I doubt there are any temp files left behind?? Or are there?
    Unfortunately the temporary files get deleted on closing

- I had attempted to updated two things:
    1. Changed a directory of an image (as I had previously typed it wrong).
    2. I Updated the description which might have had a special character in it (as I copy and pasted it from a word document that was list formated).
    - I still have the theme installed on the emulator, any chance of being able to recompile the .xml (besides doing it by hand?)
    I'll look into this issue and a fix. For now I'd suggest just saving to different .zip files when building the themes.

All the zip should still be good, apart from the xml (as the xml gets added last). Using WebOS Quick Install, do a Receive File on /var/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/theme.xml and you should be able to pull on existing xml from the emulator.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

I'll look into this issue and a fix. For now I'd suggest just saving to different .zip files when building the themes.
    I'm thinking it may have been "&" in the description, else it had to have been special characters copied from a formated list from a Word Document.

All the zip should still be good, apart from the xml (as the xml gets added last). Using WebOS Quick Install, do a Receive File on /var/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/theme.xml and you should be able to pull on existing xml from the emulator.
    I was able to recover the xml with the method above...
    However, I attempted to 'revert to default theme,' on the emulator before sending the xml file back. So then WebOS QI said the theme was removed (although it wasn't). Next, I sent the unedited xml back to the emulator and tried to remove the theme again. This caused some issues with WebOS QI (error messages w/ no text) and forced me to alt+ctrl+delete to close WebOS QI.

- Now when ever I try to open WebOS QI's themer nothing ever happens emulator or device.
    - It has found my device/emulator as I'm able to restart luna via the tweaks guide.

Any suggestions?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
  7.    #167  
    I was able to recover the xml with the method above...
    However, I attempted to 'revert to default theme,' on the emulator before sending the xml file back. So then WebOS QI said the theme was removed (although it wasn't). Next, I sent the unedited xml back to the emulator and tried to remove the theme again. This caused some issues with WebOS QI (error messages w/ no text) and forced me to alt+ctrl+delete to close WebOS QI.
    Yea, there's currently a bug with WOSQI where uninstalling themes fail under certain circumstances. A fix is on the way

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Yea, there's currently a bug with WOSQI where uninstalling themes fail under certain circumstances. A fix is on the way
    Thats good news, but you missed the last part of my post:
    - Now when ever I try to open WebOS QI's themer nothing ever happens emulator or device.
    - It has found my device/emulator as I'm able to restart luna via the tweaks guide.
    Any suggestions?
    (I suppose I should have posted this in the Webos QI thread)
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
  9.    #169  
    Thats good news, but you missed the last part of my post:
    Sounds like that'd be the uninstall issue. Revert to Default would unapply the theme, and in this case, the issue would prevent that. Then if you tried applying a new theme, WOSQI would notice and attempt to uninstall the existing one, which would cause issue.

Or are you saying you can even uponen up the theme info window?

Or are you saying you can even uponen up the theme info window?
    Correct,the themer window will not open.

I've restarted my computer and re-downloaded WebOS QI, still no luck.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
  11.    #171  
    Correct,the themer window will not open.

I've restarted my computer and re-downloaded WebOS QI, still no luck.
    sounds like an issue reading "/var/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/theme.xml" like the file is there, but corrupted. Try copying the xml over to the device using Send File in WOSQI

sounds like an issue reading "/var/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/theme.xml" like the file is there, but corrupted. Try copying the xml over to the device using Send File in WOSQI
    I just looked at that directory via WinSCP and there is a theme.xml file there. However, I have no theme installed currently on my Pre. I tried deleting the xml and even after a luna restart the 'themer window' wouldn't open.

Side note: I invited you to google chat (if you have time).

Edit: I deleted the theme.xml directory and did a full restart... Now all is well thx.
    Last edited by MLJones8; 11/10/2009 at 02:23 PM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    when I click on the download, it downloads but then I click on it and a command window just pops up and disappears.???
  14.    #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by srlake314 View Post
    when I click on the download, it downloads but then I click on it and a command window just pops up and disappears.???
    do you have java 1.6?

Yup! I updated it just to make sure, but yes I do believe so.
    Noobis Question i am going to try and make my first theme soon and was wanting to make sure if i build a theme with this it will work with 1.3.1?

Thanks
  17.    #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Noobis Question i am going to try and make my first theme soon and was wanting to make sure if i build a theme with this it will work with 1.3.1?

Thanks
    yep, themebuilder should be compatible with 1.3.1

Cool thanks...
    My wife is begging for a han**** theme on her pre (like louis vatton, prada, etc...) yuck. Anyways for somebody who is technically inclined, but has zero experience creating themes, do you have an estimate of how many hours I'd have to put in to learn/create a theme. You are obviously an expert, and I was wondering how long it takes you to create them for comparison. I'm also clueless on how to make Icon's as well. Any response appreciated. Thx,

-John
    Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post
    I have been working with Jason on this and I personally love the .xml format idea. All of my themes are already in this format... I know Jason is super busy so I will be willing to help with questions as well Jason is a great guy, and his programs work great.

All of my themes are in the Theme Gallery, and I have made a new site with info on my themes Palm Pre Themes - Home
    I very rarely expereince people so helpful and willing to go above and beyond.. thanks you two.. Learning and growing
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast