Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Here ya go:

There's be easier icon management in 2.0

Thanks. Gonna start seeing what I can do now
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
    Thanks. Gonna start seeing what I can do now
    What you going to do with a screen shot anyhow? No, the first post says we are still on 1.2 That was just a teaser Jason gave us. Sigh. Still waiting.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    What you going to do with a screen shot anyhow? No, the first post says we are still on 1.2 That was just a teaser Jason gave us. Sigh. Still waiting.
    Damn. I want to start working on a theme, but I dont know what the app id's are. Is there a current list anywhere?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
    Damn. I want to start working on a theme, but I dont know what the app id's are. Is there a current list anywhere?
    Ok, open mouth insert foot. Your wanting to get started wasn't started using themer but rather to start making icons and images and what not and so forth. Sigh. I'm blaming it on cold meds.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Can someone please send me 1.2?
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    Can someone please send me 1.2?
    it's attached to post#1
  8.    #148  
    Finally it's here, version 2.0!

v2.0 - November 2, 09
    - Added "open theme" option to oopen/edit themes
    - Complete GUI redesign
    - Double-click a file entry to edit it
    - Added a "bulk add" option to add many files at once
    - Added patch creation/adding support
    - Added a theme assistant

Download from first post

One note, currently WOSQI has an issue uninstalling themes with patches. Updated WOSQI should be out this week sometime though
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    - Added "open theme" option to oopen/edit themes
    - Complete GUI redesign
    - Double-click a file entry to edit it
    - Added a "bulk add" option to add many files at once

The above are my favorite added features... And I'm sure the assistant will bring on many new themes.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Can't say it enough...thanks.
    Gotta keep mashing that thanks button...lol
    Currently, with WOSQI 2.82 when you revert to default theme the wallpaper doesn't revert back.

- Jason: is this the theme builders fault or WOSQI? How do you replace this image do you back it up (you meaning one of your programs)?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    1. I read in one of your posts that you were going to update QI to be able to uninstall themes with patches in them. Does that mean that the patches do not behave like they would normally, could one still update them, could one remove them individually?

2. If patches were updated (if that is possible) will they still uninstall with the theme?

3. Is there are way to get a PATCH file out of a IPK, if so, how is it done?

Request: A lot of people have requested something like this, and this is sort off topic. Quick Install is able to look inside of a pre and see everything that is installed on it. Is there a way of taking that one step farther and cataloging everything, putting them in profiles, and then being able to restore it upon request? I noticed QI development has slowed, I don't know if its because your doing other things, gotten sick of doing QI, or just ran out of ideas on what to do next. But something like this would be nice to have, because you could not just use as it complete restore after visiting the doctor, but as a system restore of the like that is in Windows(I imagine Mac as something similar, too.) , if a patch or app messed with your pre, you could take it back to a point where it worked. I say this here, because I was thinking of using the patch feature as backup of all my patches, so this idea came to mind as I was trying to work out how would do it.

Request: Getting back on topic, I know this would be extensive(and what is above is too, for that matter), although you have made easier, right now one needs to know what they are doing to create themes, even with 2.0. A fare amount of people(judging on how many posts I have read, saying this is in so many words) want to do a mash up of different themes, me being one of them. Most of them, me being included in that group, don't know how to create them, let alone how to get all those different parts of themes out of the theme package. What would be amazing, is if TB made it so anyone could build a theme. The pre would be one of the most personally phones out there, enabling every pre to be unique, with everyone's mash up of icons and themes.

This what I have in mind, every option currently in TB, could be customized in within a TB GUI. Icons for example, there would be a index of Palms apps, and the Homebrew app IDs could be pulled from the different feeds, then the user could simply select what app icon he wants to change. There would be a index of icons that the user could choose from, and a option to add there own. I was thinking that the icons could be sorted so that if one clicked on 'Music Player (Remix)' there would be a list of all the different remix icons people have submitted, but could be changed to view all icons, just in case someone wants to add icon that was originally made for a different program. And of course when the user adds there own icon, that would could tag what app it went too.

For theme stuff, there would be a color selector for the different areas of Web OS, so the user could simply select what part of the phone they wanted to change the color of, and then select the color they want.

A feature that could take a theme apart, then give the user all the icons and settings of the theme would be amazing. But I understand that this might not be okay, I could imagine people getting angry that there icons and themes being chopped up and redistributed. Something to make all the different parts of theme still carry the makers name could solve this problem. Having something somewhere saying what part of theme came from where would nice,(something like that would nice for icon selector would nice too) so that if people shared there theme, they could easily credit people

This is probably a bad time to bring this up, with you just rewriting almost the hole app, and what I am requesting would be another major overhaul. But this would just be amazing, and I think a lot of people would be very gratfull if something like this came out. But do has you wish.

Thanks for all your hard work.
  13.    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Currently, with WOSQI 2.82 when you revert to default theme the wallpaper doesn't revert back.
    Actually it does, if you still have the default wallpapers. An oversight, I admit. WoSQI 2.93 will fix the issue, reverting to default wallpaper on theme removal.

Quote Originally Posted by fallen View Post
    1. I read in one of your posts that you were going to update QI to be able to uninstall themes with patches in them. Does that mean that the patches do not behave like they would normally, could one still update them, could one remove them individually?
    Patches can now be included with themes, and only get removed at uninstall (or earlier if the user manually uninstalls the patch via WOSQI/Preware). The patch id gets created from the patch name, so it's extremely unlikely that it'll be compatible with a patch like from webos-internals. Meaning if you take a .patch from an ipk, it'll install fine (and uninstall fine), and would be uninstallable via WOSQI/Preware, and would be EPR-compatible. However, it wouldn't appear as an upgrade to the ipk you took it from (and you'd get an error if you tried installing both patches).

2. If patches were updated (if that is possible) will they still uninstall with the theme?
    If a future version of a theme had an updated .patch file of the same name, WOSQI would remove the current theme (and its patches), before applying a new theme. So in that way, it'd "update". If you mean a situation where the user installs an updated .patch after the theme's already on, WOSQI would detect the id as the same and change it, would attempt to install, but get a conflict and not apply.

3. Is there are way to get a PATCH file out of a IPK, if so, how is it done?
    Use 7zip and look in the data.tar in the ipk.

Request: A lot of people have requested something like this, and this is sort off topic. Quick Install is able to look inside of a pre and see everything that is installed on it. Is there a way of taking that one step farther and cataloging everything, putting them in profiles, and then being able to restore it upon request? I noticed QI development has slowed, I don't know if its because your doing other things, gotten sick of doing QI, or just ran out of ideas on what to do next. But something like this would be nice to have, because you could not just use as it complete restore after visiting the doctor, but as a system restore of the like that is in Windows(I imagine Mac as something similar, too.) , if a patch or app messed with your pre, you could take it back to a point where it worked. I say this here, because I was thinking of using the patch feature as backup of all my patches, so this idea came to mind as I was trying to work out how would do it.
    Backup functionality is under development, I've stated that numerous places. Plus I've seen other ppl mention they're also working on a backup solution.

Request: Getting back on topic, I know this would be extensive(and what is above is too, for that matter), although you have made easier, right now one needs to know what they are doing to create themes, even with 2.0. A fare amount of people(judging on how many posts I have read, saying this is in so many words) want to do a mash up of different themes, me being one of them. Most of them, me being included in that group, don't know how to create them, let alone how to get all those different parts of themes out of the theme package. What would be amazing, is if TB made it so anyone could build a theme. The pre would be one of the most personally phones out there, enabling every pre to be unique, with everyone's mash up of icons and themes.
    Umm, have you looked at the Theme Assistant.

For theme mixing, I have a very early app called Stylist in the works that will apply .zip themes and allow for importing of icons and such.

For theme stuff, there would be a color selector for the different areas of Web OS, so the user could simply select what part of the phone they wanted to change the color of, and then select the color they want.
    That would be extremely difficult given the webOS changes with each update. Plus, that is the use of patches, customizing beyond the basics.

This is probably a bad time to bring this up, with you just rewriting almost the hole app, and what I am requesting would be another major overhaul. But this would just be amazing, and I think a lot of people would be very gratfull if something like this came out. But do has you wish.
    Theme Builder 2.0 is GPL opensource, so feel free to make the changes yourself, heh.

A feature that could take a theme apart, then give the user all the icons and settings of the theme would be amazing. But I understand that this might not be okay, I could imagine people getting angry that there icons and themes being chopped up and redistributed. Something to make all the different parts of theme still carry the makers name could solve this problem. Having something somewhere saying what part of theme came from where would nice,(something like that would nice for icon selector would nice too) so that if people shared there theme, they could easily credit people
    Themes are just zip, so all you'd need to do is open the theme in question and copy the icons out. From there, you could open that them in TB to see where they go, or use the Theme Assistant.
    I am not trying to sound picky at all here but I love this app. YOU DID AN OUTSTANDING JOB!!! I can't complain at all...but...if you were to add more options. A cool idea would be a way to save a theme build as a different file type so that way when you reopen it, it still maintains the same file structure that you originally started with. I understand you can do this with opening a zip file but this makes it kind of tricky to add new parts I feel like. Maybe I haven't really gotten good at this but I feel like it is tricky because you have to add this files all wierd to the zip.
    If you feel like I am just being picky I understand but this is a suggestion not a complaint.
    Once again thank you thank you thank you for this app
    Army ACU Theme - Download Version 0.0.9
    24 Theme - Download Version 0.2.2
    Orangish Theme - Download Version 0.3.0
    Chelsea F.C. Theme - Download Version 0.0.5

Much of the work on themes and the posts on how to's take time. Feel free to donate if you feel so inclined.

haha ok I am sorry here but got another suggestion which I am sure you have already thought of with your genious for even creating this app.
    It deals with the bulk add option. It would be super sweet if you could add all the files from a folder at one time instead of individually. I have no idea the scripting it takes to make this kind of app so I am not saying it is even possible or easy to do just throwing out the idea. This is still 100 billion times easier the way it is but this would make it even easier obviously.
    I can't say it enough but thank you. I am not griping just suggesting.

Much of the work on themes and the posts on how to's take time. Feel free to donate if you feel so inclined.

16.    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by slinkster213 View Post
    haha ok I am sorry here but got another suggestion which I am sure you have already thought of with your genious for even creating this app.
    It deals with the bulk add option. It would be super sweet if you could add all the files from a folder at one time instead of individually. I have no idea the scripting it takes to make this kind of app so I am not saying it is even possible or easy to do just throwing out the idea. This is still 100 billion times easier the way it is but this would make it even easier obviously.
    I can't say it enough but thank you. I am not griping just suggesting.
    You can drag and drop multiple files onto Bulk Add at one btw
    OK I did not know that and you can just go ahead and ignore everything I said about the bulk add thing. well done sir. thanks for the heads up about that.

after further investigation I retract ALL my previous comments. I found out you don't have to do any crafty zip rebuilding or whatever the hell I said earlier. If you just open up a zip file and add files that are on your computer it makes a new zip and doesn't put a zip within a zip which I thought it was doing. Sorry I'm an *****..THANKS JASON

19.    #159  
    I've uploaded a hotfixed 2.0 release with fixed video app icon/bg in Theme Assistant as well, I've added Web browser to the Theme Assistant icon tab and now support multiple file selection in the Bulk Add's file chooser.
    u r freakin sweet

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast