Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Madolen helped with my themes...
    This a great advancement, thanks for all the hours put in. Thanks Madolen and Jason, and all themebuilders!
    I think maybe a youtube video is in order because I'm clueless as to how to make a theme. All I've done is chosen what pictures to use....I don't know where to start. Is there a wiki page or something? Hope I don't have to root my pre...too risky. I know how to ssh on my ipod touch, but this theme business is crazy....
    "The Pre is nice..."
    well alrighty...iphone move over!!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    dont know how to make themes but it would be cool to see a fear and loathing theme or even some cool Ralph steadman art themes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Theme zip editing and a setup-wizard are in the works for the next version
    What would be awesome is the ability to add multiple files, As long as they are going in the same location.

Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post
    If you send my your .xml file, and the name of the icons you want to add I can fix your file manually. Please include app id's
    Thanks madolen I dont want to burden you w/ this, Its really the theme Ive been working on since I started tweaking my phone. Im really doing it as a back up for me. I will submit it if somebody else is interested, but for now I just want a back up. I stopped before I did the palm files thinking I could go back in and edit , But no go! So now Ill have to start over. lol no biggie.

Things would be so much easier if you were able to load multiple files at one time as long as they are going in the same place ie:
    usr\palm\com.palm.app.phone\images all images!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I am in the middle of MN Vikings theme. Once done the theme could easuly be altered for every NFL team. Which I think will be my goal.

Unfortunatley I got sent to cleveland for work and could not bring my personal laptop. Check back in about four weeks and I hope to start cranking them out and uploading them.
    Thanks for a great APP

Can someone compile a proper list of extensions to send files to

For example if i wanted to send a background to my Photos app or to my web browser app.

What extension to I send to on device?

Also what should the file be named?

Is there a resource of where to find this info>

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    Thanks for a great APP

Can someone compile a proper list of extensions to send files to

For example if i wanted to send a background to my Photos app or to my web browser app.

What extension to I send to on device?

Also what should the file be named?

Is there a resource of where to find this info>

Thanks

over at prethemer.com they have started a thread with all that info, as well as lots of other helpful information -

PreThemer Community - Powered by vBulletin
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Your like a friggin train man you have the ability to create these programs… It’s just amazing I thank you very much for making are lives as well as my Palm Pre very happy… Killer apps… Keep Up The GOOD WORK… :-)
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    The easiest thing for me, is to take a theme, copy it, and then simply replace images that I want to change - in order to create a new theme. Is there any theme out there right now, that changes the most images possible? That theme could then serve as the base theme to work with and not mess with having to add to the XML file.

Thanks... Robert
    on my WEBOS Quick install, I dont have the option of Themer is there a way that i can fix this?
    if someone would like to answer this one... so you can install an .ipk for the boot load screen, but is there an .ipk for messaging. I'm really sick of the blue/green theme, and would like to change to something like maroon and black/dark grey... ipk? or is there a simple way to do it myself?
    I would love to have a walkthrough as chronic25 is kind of talking about. i went about personalizing my Zune mp3 player, and the software on the computer, and someone had put out a list of what the code looked like, and what each item meant and those kinds of things... just using a res-hacker to do the software, but a little more complex for the actual player, if someone did this it would be really awesome! and if I'm not on the same page as what has to happen here, then let me know, by all means. i love the themes that are out, but would definitely like to contribute as well :-)
    My best advice is to download a theme with a similar color scheme to the one you want to create and begin replacing the images that are in that bundle. The XML file won't need to be edited because all of the references are valid, they are just referring to overwritten files. I'm fortunate to have access to Photoshop, so I simply opened up the existing file, pasted in a new layer and hid the old one. Then i saved it back to the same location and with the same name. This helped make the images the right size, too.

The wallpapers are easy. Where things get tedious is if you want to create custom color and font styled calendar images as you'll need to create 30+ images. There are other tedious images, like the tiny phone images, which I simply chose not to replace because I didn't feel I could improve on them.

As for where to find icon files, try to find Windows Vista or Windows 7 icons (they have more detail and colors than XP icons) and convert them to image files. I tried to get Photoshop to open .ico files, but was unsuccessful. I ended up simply viewing a Windows folder with icon files as large thumbnails and taking screenshots. Once I eliminated the background, they all reduced down very well to size for Pre icon files.

I hope this info helps.
    11+ yrs w/ a Palm: It's come a long way!
    Has anyone created or started to create a Packers Theme? My whole family loves the Packers and I am determined to create a theme but it's a little more work then I have time for right now.
    awesome!
    Hate to repeat myself, but...
    Quote Originally Posted by chronic25 View Post

As for where to find icon files, try to find Windows Vista or Windows 7 icons (they have more detail and colors than XP icons) and convert them to image files. I tried to get Photoshop to open .ico files, but was unsuccessful. I ended up simply viewing a Windows folder with icon files as large thumbnails and taking screenshots. Once I eliminated the background, they all reduced down very well to size for Pre icon files.
    Search for Windows Themes with a keyword of "Football" or "NFL".
    11+ yrs w/ a Palm: It's come a long way!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If WebOS Quick Install could *only* install things from the PreCentral feed, I wouldn't be so concerned.

-- Rod
    Which would then force me to upload content to PreCentral to then download back to my PC and then onto my Pre?

I much prefer to be able to create/edit a file myself, and then shoot it directly to my device. Not everything I create is going to be wanted by the community at large.
    And I'd much rather do trial & error tests on my unit than risk someone else happening across my files while I'm still testing them.
    I'm thinking I missed this somewhere.

I have a theme. I want to add to the theme. Is there a way to do this with the ThemeBuilder? Or do I have to manually edit the theme file? The second option obviously takes out all of the ease of the ThemeBuilder.

Or do I have to start all over from scratch? That leaves too much room for error. The more files I want to include, the bigger the chance of missing something.
    Would hate for my update to go backwards by mistake.
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast