Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Wow. I finally got my first theme good enough to post... While it's not everything I want to do, it's looking good. Check it out ...
    Last edited by e-gadget-guy; 10/11/2010 at 05:25 PM.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    I can not get the video player background to change using the "Webos Theme Builder." I also tried to manually add it to my theme but still no success. I must not have the current directory it must go in. Can someone point me in the correct direction?
    how do i make an icon
    ok, so i am going to attempt to create my own theme however I was a bit curious on a few things?

1st - Does anyone have a recommendation on where to go for icons?
    2nd - On the launch bar I like to have only icons, no lines, bars, fades, colors, etc... how would I go about setting it up that way?
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    ok, so i am going to attempt to create my own theme however I was a bit curious on a few things?

1st - Does anyone have a recommendation on where to go for icons?
    2nd - On the launch bar I like to have only icons, no lines, bars, fades, colors, etc... how would I go about setting it up that way?
    1st: iconfinder.com
    2nd: use photoshop/ (or any other software) to modify usr\palm\sysmgr\images\quick_lauch_bg.png and make it transparent!
    Quote Originally Posted by antaeuz View Post
    1st: iconfinder.com
    2nd: use photoshop/ (or any other software) to modify usr\palm\sysmgr\images\quick_lauch_bg.png and make it transparent!
    I am fairly new to this, in fact this is my first theme that I have ever tried to build. I did not understand exactly the transparent sugestion.

"to modify usr\palm\sysmgr\images\quick_lauch_bg.png and make it transparent!"
    Can you dumb this down for me a little bit?

Also I can not seem to find many text ballon icons, do you have any other suggestions for those4. I have went through the icon finder website and there just are not many options for text or email...
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    I am fairly new to this, in fact this is my first theme that I have ever tried to build. I did not understand exactly the transparent sugestion.

"to modify usr\palm\sysmgr\images\quick_lauch_bg.png and make it transparent!"
    Can you dumb this down for me a little bit?

Also I can not seem to find many text ballon icons, do you have any other suggestions for those4. I have went through the icon finder website and there just are not many options for text or email...
    go here and here

and it'll help u get familiar with theming!

and for the transparent images i use and the vids will show u how to use it
    Last edited by antaeuz; 12/12/2010 at 01:45 PM.
    Will the theme builder work on webOS 2.0 if I have the file locations correct? Will the ipk file it builds install on the Pre 2 correctly? Thanks.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    I am constantly trying to make a theme, using the theme builder, but after hours of work and making sure everything is to size, right file type and going to the right areas i still get an error saying, "Error: unable to write to XML file". What am I doing wrong and why won't it save to a zip file for me? Thank you.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Hey folks! Quick question here that I haven't found an answer to yet. How do I go about creating ipk files from the Zip I have built? I would like to directly install my theme on my phone since PreThemer has a habit of changing the Zips I upload...
    One question....I downloaded a theme I liked, unzipped it, edited/replaced the icon images I wanted to change, made sure the format was the same as previous (PNG), the image size is the same, and the location is the same, then I zipped the theme back up and tried to upload it to prethemer and it said the XML file included inside my zipped file is invalid. how do I create a new XML file? and why do I even need to if I didnt change any file names, locations, or sizes?

Thanks.
    Ok tried to create my first theme with icons based on the board game Carcassonne and cannot successfully transfer icon images over. Theme builder accepts the 64X64 png files but my Pre Plus simply does not change the images. Also, i noticed the apps i added images for have been removed from my Pre Plus when i have the theme installed. Can someone help?
    Is theme builder being worked on to support webOS 2.1.0?
    If I use the current version of Theme Builder and use correct 2.1.0 pics and locations (without Theme Assistant), will the generated theme uninstall correctly? I don't have a 2.1.0 emulator to test this on, just my Sprint Pre with 2.1.0.

EDIT: Downloading SDK now...
    I have finished creating my first theme, and I put it online at Prethemer. My question is how to get it to show up on preware alpha themes list?

I want to install it on my phone to test and see if it is working. Everything looks fine in the preview images except no phone image was generated leading me to believe I have a problem with that one.

I would download the ipk and use quick install to put it on my phone but I lost the charger wire which is also the computer connector.

Or maybe there is a better way to test themes? recommendations?

Thanks
    This is my first time using the Theme Builder. I have always just themed my phone image by image but thought this would be faster. Im having a problem though. I manually added all the images I want to put on my phone and the destinations. I know I did that part right. I filled out all the top info. I select build theme and I choose the destination of the .zip. Then I get an "Error: null" message and then a "theme zip built" message. The .zip file made is unusable and there is nothing in it. Why am I getting this error message?
    Quote Originally Posted by humulos View Post
    Hey folks! Quick question here that I haven't found an answer to yet. How do I go about creating ipk files from the Zip I have built? I would like to directly install my theme on my phone since PreThemer has a habit of changing the Zips I upload...
    I finally created a .zip file. But I would also like to know this now as well. Thanks
    OK, Im figuring out my own questions. lol. I got an .ipk file made by prethemer. I tried installing with quick install and got an error: "package dependencies not satisfied." Now what's my problem?
  19.    #259  
    At long last, I have an update for you Now fully supports sconix's Theme Manager.

Download: https://webos-theme-builder.googleco...uilder-3.0.jar

v3.0 - November 2, 2011
    - Massive overhaul to support sconix's Theme Manager, with backward support for old themes
    - Supports multiple devices and multiple webOS versions in a single theme
    - Supports entry categories
    - Able to import old-format themes into the new format
    - Improved entry editing
    - Improved user interface
    - Many bugfixes
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    At long last, I have an update for you Now fully supports sconix's Theme Manager.

Download: https://webos-theme-builder.googleco...uilder-3.0.jar

v3.0 - November 2, 2011
    - Massive overhaul to support sconix's Theme Manager, with backward support for old themes
    - Supports multiple devices and multiple webOS versions in a single theme
    - Supports entry categories
    - Able to import old-format themes into the new format
    - Improved entry editing
    - Improved user interface
    - Many bugfixes
    tried it and i get a zip with zero bytes

also under files to replace after adding a file.. nothing gets added :/