Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    So just to clarify, I need to root the phone to see the file locations?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Just downloaded this and will give it a try..

Thanks!
    Sprint|Palm Pre|1.4.1.1
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Hey guys I needed to do a video tutorial for college and decided to do a how to on creating a theme using WebOS Theme Builder.

Mr. Robitaille has done an excellent job creating this and hopefully this can help some of you users who had questions how to work this program.

This is probably not as extensive as I'd like it to be but it kinda was a rushed project. Please feel free to view it and any suggestions or comments feel free to post on my youtube page as to not hijack this thread.

If this tutorial helped anyone in any way please feel free to hit the thanks button!

ps: english is not my first language so please excuse my accent. also, I hope I am pronouncing Mr. Robitaille's name correctly.
    My Digital Life Blog

iPhone iCons Theme

iPhone iCons (no dock) Theme
    http://www.prethemer.com/iPhone_iCon...theme4084.html
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Bit confused....created a ZIP for a custom theme in the past and now i have no way to install it. I was waiting for the new QI but still does not support ZIP files. Any ideas? I don't want to submit it to themer as it's a custom theme i built based off of other themes folks have made.

Thank you.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Hi,

As ever - Palm community is the best. No where else do people actually answer !

I am running ThemeBuilder 2.0 on Windows 7, 64 bit.

It all runs and I can add files etc. However if I build the zip and then open it later it keeps complaining that it can't find the screen shot but I can't save the zip without the screenshot.

I see others have had this.

Any solutions ?

Ideally I would use this to open an existing theme and then add in some other elements so I can merge what I would like all together in one theme, but if I open a theme from someone else the same thing happens.

Please help me and others who are stuck with this.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I am new to the palm pre, made all my own themes on my Blackberry. I have a problem. I downloaded the themebuilder from page 1. I can not figure out how to load the dang thing onto my computer. Help me please.
    For loading themes I use webos quickinstall. It has an option under "tools" called themer. Open that and it asks for the file. Direct it to the file you just created with themebuilder and let it run as it installs your theme
    Quote Originally Posted by rege0039 View Post
    Hi,

I am running ThemeBuilder 2.0 on Windows 7, 64 bit.

It all runs and I can add files etc. However if I build the zip and then open it later it keeps complaining that it can't find the screen shot but I can't save the zip without the screenshot.

I see others have had this.

Any solutions ?

Ideally I would use this to open an existing theme and then add in some other elements so I can merge what I would like all together in one theme, but if I open a theme from someone else the same thing happens.

Please help me and others who are stuck with this.

Thanks
    Exact same scenario happens to me. Can anyone point us in the right direction?

-
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kennom View Post
    For loading themes I use webos quickinstall. It has an option under "tools" called themer. Open that and it asks for the file. Direct it to the file you just created with themebuilder and let it run as it installs your theme
    this option no longer works, u get the error
    reading package list,
    cannot connect to package feed
    I am having trouble installing the builder. I was wondering if anyone was having this issue. there is no error message just nothing happens when i open it.
    I attempted to edit a theme using this program but I am working on my acer aspire and could not see the bottom of the window. I think from what I saw in a tutorial on youtube, it said something like zip theme. But yea....can't "save" any work done....maybe add that to the drop down menu up top..
    i downloaded the file and it told me i needed a program to open it which program do i use
    email me back at this address blizzeyrad@live.com thanks in advance
    See the first posts for requirements. It sounds like you don't have java installed or it isn't installed properly. If it is installed and a reinstall doesn't work you will need to follow the steps to verify and add if missing the path from my post here: http://forums.precentral.net/2469253-post905.html
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I was wondering if I could make my own theme. I just really need to know a summary of the process, like; create, zip, convert to ipk file. What do I use to convert the theme that I have put together into an ipk file?
    -- potato

][
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kennom View Post
    I am also not getting this option on my QI. Opening the themer, it only wants to load web feeds for themes, which it errors out on connecting to. It won't allow an option to install a locally sourced theme. Was this option removed from QI?

Running ThemeBuilder 2.0, QI 3.12, WebOS DR 1.4.1.1 Sprint.
    i have a problem when im done with building an them and i hit build theme zip it gives me an error: unable to write to xml file. can some one help me please!!!!
    cant get it
    I guess this app is pretty much dead?

M.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I used to have a BB and I created just about all of my themes give or take a few that had motion. I will try my hand at creating a theme for my Palm Pre. Thanks for the instructions
    Kaneadsha
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhone88 View Post
    Hello @ all i have a problem with this Software!

How can i open the .jar File that i can use the Software? I use Winrar and also Java but i canīt open the Software?

Thanks a lot for help!

Sincerly

Actually I had a problem too until I figured out that chrome changed the .jar to .download. I changed it back and now it works.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy