Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post
    I have been working with Jason on this and I personally love the .xml format idea. All of my themes are already in this format... I know Jason is super busy so I will be willing to help with questions as well Jason is a great guy, and his programs work great.

All of my themes are in the Theme Gallery, and I have made a new site with info on my themes Palm Pre Themes - Home
    First time doing this, but how do you use the program.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmackay View Post
    check the path/folder the file is in within the ZIP file and compare to what path/folder the XML says it is in. Likely the two are not the same.
    I'm attempting to open the defunct Flash Of Red And Black theme, and it is giving me the exact error message for the wallpaper file. After checking the path the error specified, it is exactly the same, letter for letter. After checking the XML, the specified path is exactly the same as well, and yet it tells me it can't find the file. Any ideas?
    So i take it this is updated for 1.3.5? and any thing you make with this will now work with 1.3.5? sorry for the noob Question i am just not super at these theme things haha...
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Project D View Post
    I'm attempting to open the defunct Flash Of Red And Black theme, and it is giving me the exact error message for the wallpaper file. After checking the path the error specified, it is exactly the same, letter for letter. After checking the XML, the specified path is exactly the same as well, and yet it tells me it can't find the file. Any ideas?
    Same problem here with 2 Droid themes. "Code-x Droid" and "Droid edited"

I've checked the XML and paths are correct. I am using Windows 7 with Java 1.6.0_17

EDIT: OK, figured it out. Apparently even though the XML file waas pointing to the correct path, Thembuilder didn't like the location. I changed the XML file to look for the wallpaper in the root folder of the zip. and then moved the wallpaper file to that location. Theme now opens in Themebuilder with no errors.
    Last edited by clsiburt; 01/03/2010 at 08:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    I cannot get past the previously mentioned issues with path correctness. The XML path and file location match. If I relocate the wallpaper to the root directory and modify the XML accordingly it simply errors at the next file.
    Hey Jason your theme builder will not open any theme file's whats going on? there going to be un update any time soon?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Hey Jason your theme builder will not open any theme file's whats going on? there going to be un update any time soon?

Thanks
    I can confirm this. It just hangs on "Please Wait."
    HELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!! I can never re-open a theme that i worked on. Gives me crazy errors all the time.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    OK. Not as intuitive as I thought.
    I've been working on this for a few hours and finally got the nerve to click on Build Theme Zip. I ended up with a zip file that is not at all organized (no folders or correctly named files) and no XML.
    Is there a tutorial anywhere? (The one by Madolen is quite old and a little helpful... but nothing about errors/fixes. And it implies that when you click on Build, you'll have an XML file. I've got one, but it's empty. And then upload... sorry. Not.)
    I've GOT to be close... I replaced a bunch of images. Took out the patches. Changed some colors and backgrounds. Renamed. Spoofed a website (why do we need this?) and a screenshot (how can I have one before the theme is created??).

DARN. I don't want to close this since there isn't a way to save what I've done!
    This was going to look good, too.
    Last edited by Trident; 01/18/2010 at 08:26 PM.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Now I'm .
    Decided to sleep on it. Had a few ideas to try, but...
    When I try to open ANY theme with themebuilder now, I get messages that it can't find some image/location- different for every theme. I'm guessing that it's trying to find some of the stuff that I changed (even though I don't recognize the images as ones that I modified), but nothing seems consistent in the errors.
    If I cancel and try again, it just says "please wait" forever.

Please...
    Last edited by Trident; 01/19/2010 at 09:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Is there no way to replace the initial non-glowing Palm image before the actual Palm logo glowing boot? I hope I'm being clear enough ..
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Now I'm .
    Decided to sleep on it. Had a few ideas to try, but...
    When I try to open ANY theme with themebuilder now, I get messages that it can't find some image/location- different for every theme. I'm guessing that it's trying to find some of the stuff that I changed (even though I don't recognize the images as ones that I modified), but nothing seems consistent in the errors.
    If I cancel and try again, it just says "please wait" forever.

Please...
    same for me, can not open a theme
    I apoligize if some one has already asked this but I didn't see anyone mention it so I thought I might as well. I'm having troubles with my icons. They always end up being these big white squars with my image in the middle. Can I make the backround transparent? Would I need something like paint shop pro to do so? Also, whil using the theme builder I noticed you cant change the image for the quick launch button itself. Or am I just missing something? Lastly, The target for the screen lock, after changing the image, once I try and put the theme on my phone it says that that destination doesnt exsist. Id apreciate any help. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbouscal View Post
    I apoligize if some one has already asked this but I didn't see anyone mention it so I thought I might as well. I'm having troubles with my icons. They always end up being these big white squars with my image in the middle. Can I make the backround transparent? Would I need something like paint shop pro to do so? Also, whil using the theme builder I noticed you cant change the image for the quick launch button itself. Or am I just missing something? Lastly, The target for the screen lock, after changing the image, once I try and put the theme on my phone it says that that destination doesnt exsist. Id apreciate any help. Thanks.
    Yes you will need a better image editor... I use a free utility called Gimp (widely available online).

- There are many online video and text tutorials on how to use it... it will be overwhelming at first, but after a few tutorials you'll have the hang of it.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    I can not find the link to download the theme builder. Where do I click to download it. I'm lost. Please help!
    I have used the theme builder, to create a Ghost Hunters theme. It is my first theme, and I'm having a little trouble. I changed all of the files that I wanted changed, I hit the Zip/Build button, but I'm not sure how to open the theme with Quick Install, or how to apply the theme to either site. (precentral/prethemer)
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    ok guys like 2 weeks ago i seen some were on precentral or antoher fourm were palm is coming out with a webos kitchen/builder where you can pick and choose what you want but said it was coming soon. didnt save the link or pass it on my bad...if any one know more about this private message me
    Friends I have tried and tried, and I just cant build a theme. My wife works on computers for a living, so when I figured out how to use the Quick Install, and the Preware, She thought I was pretty cool. but my new goal is to build a theme, and I thought I had it. I used the theme builder, started with an existing theme, changed all of the icons and backgrounds that I wanted changed,(using all of the correct file types and sizes) then I hit the Zip/build button, I now have a .zip file which contains all of my picture files, and also an xml. file is in there, but I dont know how to transfer the .zip file/theme to quick install, or precentral, and actually turn it into a theme. I feel like I'm right there, I'm just missing something. I love these phones, and being able to do what you want with the OS. is just awsome! I just want to learn all I possibly can about them. Please help me out if you can. And Great Job too Jason R. and all who have worked on developing these progrsms. IMPRESSIVE !
    Quote Originally Posted by jlshearer502 View Post
    Friends I have tried and tried, and I just cant build a theme. My wife works on computers for a living, so when I figured out how to use the Quick Install, and the Preware, She thought I was pretty cool. but my new goal is to build a theme, and I thought I had it. I used the theme builder, started with an existing theme, changed all of the icons and backgrounds that I wanted changed,(using all of the correct file types and sizes) then I hit the Zip/build button, I now have a .zip file which contains all of my picture files, and also an xml. file is in there, but I dont know how to transfer the .zip file/theme to quick install, or precentral, and actually turn it into a theme. I feel like I'm right there, I'm just missing something. I love these phones, and being able to do what you want with the OS. is just awsome! I just want to learn all I possibly can about them. Please help me out if you can. And Great Job too Jason R. and all who have worked on developing these progrsms. IMPRESSIVE !
    Apply to be a dev here at precentral (first post: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...lery-live.html )... then upload your .zip (which can then be installed via preware), or upload it at PreThemer.com.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here