Page 99 of 130 FirstFirst ... 4989949596979899100101102103104109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Maybe this has been answered already, but for those of us who have used Quick Install 2.6 with WebOS 1.2 without any issues, should there be something to worry about down the line, having used Quick Install to install File Coaster and Preware?

I had no problems whatsoever using Quick Install 2.6.. I have yet to try any tweaks with it, but for putting File Coaster and Preware on my phone, no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjitty View Post
    dammm, i plugged in my phone and turned around..forgot to stay and wait to hit "update later" and it must of installed 1.2 over all my tweaks. I planned on waiting and doing all this after the wosqi for 1.2 was released, but the phone must of just installed it since i didn't tell it to install later. seems to be working fine though, but i'm not messing with themes or roam toggle for now. I forgot how big the icons on 3x3 were lol..I got a Jitterbug Pre now ROFL
    I like my Jitterbug Pre. My nearly-60 year old eyes need icons that big.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrok View Post
    Maybe this has been answered already, but for those of us who have used Quick Install 2.6 with WebOS 1.2 without any issues, should there be something to worry about down the line, having used Quick Install to install File Coaster and Preware?

I had no problems whatsoever using Quick Install 2.6.. I have yet to try any tweaks with it, but for putting File Coaster and Preware on my phone, no issues.
    I am wondering the same thing. I have a few themes I have made that I want to install and test, but was gonna hold out until the next webOS QI comes out that officially works with 1.2, but if there isn't going to be any issues I would like to use Quick Install 2.6.
    Can somebody help me with my WebOS QI, PLEASE?!?!? I've tried it a billion times doing everything that Jason said. It still says Error: No Device Attached. Somebody help, PLEASEEEEE!??
    Ok, I'll bite.

What operating system are you using?
    Did you put your Pre in Developer Mode and let it restart?
    I feel your pain and got your back, Chelsea2009.

Now tell me everything you have done. Start at the beginning and don't leave anything out.
    I just uninstalled my tweaks using QI then took my phone out of devmode and now I can't access my texts when I click on a persons conversation, and my phone dialer has no keys, just the green background screen. I'm installing 1.2 now so I will see what happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea2009 View Post
    Can somebody help me with my WebOS QI, PLEASE?!?!? I've tried it a billion times doing everything that Jason said. It still says Error: No Device Attached. Somebody help, PLEASEEEEE!??

Are you in DEV Mode??
    I'm kindof a n00b.. What is dev mode? I mean under options I don't have the box checked. Sorry.
    There are no N00bs here, Chelsea2009.

Just steady yourself. This thread alone has answered your questions many times and everybody is eager to help.

Now start at the beginning. Where were you born?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Go to the first page and click on installation guide. download the PDF and follow the instructions. Should work after that Chelsea2009...I just finally got WEBOS QI installed on my computer thanks to this guide.
    Here are Answers From this Thread to Frequently Asked Questions

• The tweaks you made under webOS 1.1 will be gone when you upgrade to webOS 1.2.
    • webOS Quick Install 2.6 Tweaks do not work with webOS 1.2 (but app installation does).
    • The new webOS Quick Install for webOS 1.2 is expected on Friday 10/2/09.
    • The link to donate to the developer (Jason) is here. Jason's Twitter page
    • To install Preware use the WebOSQuickInstall2.03.jar (instructions).
    • To install available Patches using Preware:
    - In the Preware Preferences menu set it to Look for "available patches"
    - Tap List of Everything, then tap A-Z to sort alphabetically, and install Autopatch-feed
    - Exit Preware and lauch Preware again (or Preware Menu, Update Feeds)
    - Tap Available Patches to install dozens of patches
    - Restart after installing patches: Tap Launcher, Device Info, Restart
    • Posts about Preware need to go into the Preware Thread.
    • To remove all webOS 1.2 tweaks, use the webOS Repair Utility with Options->Compatibility Override checked

More info:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    ...WebOS-Internals has made up the own patching format, which they plan on launching through Preware. To avoid compatibility issues, I'm changing my Tweaks panel, converting the patches into ipks. In addition an issue has come up in regards to theming, so I'm havng to work through some things in that department as well...Until then, v2.03 may work for some tweaks and is still available at Canuck Software
    - Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 10/15/2009 at 03:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I'm kindof a n00b.. What is dev mode? I mean under options I don't have the box checked. Sorry.
    type this in ur pre upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart then dev mode will pop up and click on it. then slide the on switch and ur set
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Jason -

Just donated. Keep up the amazing work. WOSQUI has made my Pre much more usable and simplified the installation of new apps. Really looking forward to the new version.
    well, update fixed my issue. Nevermind i guess!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    themes work with me ! woot woot! finally!
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Here are Answers From this Thread to Frequently Asked Questions
    • The new webOS Quick Install for webOS 1.2 is expected on Friday.
    Care to specify a specific date? Like 10/02/09 or next friday? or what?
    You can go to the 'home screen' (where you see just your wallpaper and the icon bar at the bottom) and type:
    “webOS20090606”

Without the quotes, obviously... A universal search will start with the developer mode launcher icon.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Palminmypalm View Post
    You can go to the 'home screen' (where you see just your wallpaper and the icon bar at the bottom) and type:
    “webOS20090606”

Without the quotes, obviously... A universal search will start with the developer mode launcher icon.
    NICE, I already have dev mode switch, but this is good info.
    Good practice to remove your tweeks before downloading the update to avoid this happening.