Page 98 of 130 FirstFirst ... 488893949596979899100101102103108 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1941  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    IF YOU CAN AVOID 1.2 DO IT... it totally messed up my phone and i did not use any Tweaks or the wrong version of QI either its just messed a bunch of stuff up and now i can not even make a call or reset my device i just had a few home brew apps installed and that's it
    Try using WebOS Repair Utility with Options->Compatibility Override checked
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Try using WebOS Repair Utility with Options->Compatibility Override checked

For got to say but i did my phone is bricked i guess i had some hardware probs before the 1.2 update maybe not sure all i know is its dead n the water sprint is over nighting me a brand new one lol i have a business account with them and that's prob why...
    By the way Thanks for the suggestion Keep up the good work and am looking forward to the new Quick Install... you da man...
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    For got to say but i did my phone is bricked
    I doubt that as it's virtually impossible to permanently brick a Pre, unless you physically damage some internal component. Did you try fixing it with WebOS Doctor or will your PC not recognize it now?

Did you try forcing the Pre into USB Recovery Mode and using WebOS Doctor to load WebOS back onto it?

How to force USB Recovery Mode: power phone off. While holding the volume up button, power it back on until a USB graphic appears. Connect your Pre to the USB cable and run WebOS Doctor. Follow the prompts in WebOS Doctor.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I installed webOS 1.2, then tried to reinstall some Tweaks I lost. First one to cause error was 'call duration' caused call list to cascade to the right. Second error, as worst, 'add/delete launcher pages' - actually deleted all launcher pages, I have one app on screen with scrambled title, cannot bring up Dev icon to turn off Dev mode. Is there a way to restore webOS 1.1 and wipe out all chgs or restore launcher? Thx, ace
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    dammm, i plugged in my phone and turned around..forgot to stay and wait to hit "update later" and it must of installed 1.2 over all my tweaks. I planned on waiting and doing all this after the wosqi for 1.2 was released, but the phone must of just installed it since i didn't tell it to install later. seems to be working fine though, but i'm not messing with themes or roam toggle for now. I forgot how big the icons on 3x3 were lol..I got a Jitterbug Pre now ROFL
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    Honestly, to me it would be annoying as hell if I had to MANUALLY flick away 14 email notifications. It's much easier to go to the inbox.
    Except if you went into the inbox, you wouldn't have to flick them away -- the notifications disappear automatically when you go into your inbox. I kind of like the suggestion, but it's not a must-have, because I typically do just go into my inbox to look at new email.

-- robert
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Does Jason have the all-time high "thanked" record?
    I thank every post I see by Jason. I hope somehow he makes tons of money so he keeps up the unusually hard work!

Everyone take the second to give Jason some thanks!
    I'm getting
    error 4 when trying to install the auto feed.
    Failed to download org.webosinternals.autopatch-feed. Perhaps you need to run ipkg update.

wget:server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

any ideas on what to do?
    Last edited by midnightmaraude; 10/01/2009 at 08:11 AM.
    Thanks a bunch,

I ran the WebOS repair utility of yours and the ear shaped icon disappeared and it restored all my launcher pages.

YOU DA MAN!

Your WebOS series (Quick Install, Doctor, Repair Utility, etc...) is awsome!
    Just waiting for your 1.2 update to Quick Install.

Thanks again and I'll definately be donating.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hobiedon View Post
    Thanks a bunch,

I ran the WebOS repair utility of yours and the ear shaped icon disappeared and it restored all my launcher pages.

YOU DA MAN!

Your WebOS series (Quick Install, Doctor, Repair Utility, etc...) is awsome!
    Just waiting for your 1.2 update to Quick Install.

Thanks again and I'll definately be donating.
    I forgot to say Jason in my post. Oops.
    I have preware 0.9.1 installed and finally found the auto patch feed. However I am unable to install it. I get an error. Do I have to use the webOS QI?
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WildSioux View Post
    I have preware 0.9.1 installed and finally found the auto patch feed. However I am unable to install it. I get an error. Do I have to use the webOS QI?
    No
    So can you elaborate on what we are doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    No
    Hmm, ok. Here is there error I get.

Feed

Error Installing [4]
    IPKG Log

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failu...
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals..
    Installing org.webosinternals.autopatch..
    Downloading PréYourMind | Free Opensource Pré Developer Hosting
    An error ocurred, return value: 22.
    Collected errors:
    ipkg_download ERROR: Command fa..
    Failed to download org.webosinternals..
    wget. server returned error: HTTP/1.1 ..
    Is this a problem with the feed itself being down?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Same error I was getting this morning. But getting the ipk file and installing manually worked for me

Is this a problem with the feed itself being down?

Thanks
    Yes, the autopatch file for Preware was taken down. I get the same error. Go to the Preware thread to find additional details. That's where I got my info. This is the WOSQI thread.
    For you guys getting errors, are you in Dev mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydrbutt View Post
    For you guys getting errors, are you in Dev mode?
    oops.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for WOSQI and WEBOS Repair! You just saved me a heart attack over here! :-D