Page 96 of 130 FirstFirst ... 4686919293949596979899100101106 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    Following along in the spirit of recent posts:
    If WOQI isn't working with 1.2 yet, what can we do to start installing Homebrew apps? I just got my Pre on Monday and haven't had a chance to tinker with it yet since 1.2 also came out on Monday
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vara411 View Post
    While someone answers my last question (see above), here's an idea for a tweak that REALLY needs to be added:

STACKED NOTIFICATIONS.

Imagine the following scenario:

- I tap my little white email notification icon
    - I see that I have FOURTEEN emails waiting for me.
    - The one displayed (#14) is junk mail.
    - Why should I have to swipe away ALL my emails if the top one is junk? What if email #11 is important?

Why not do it this way??
    - I tap my little white email notification icon
    - I see that I have FOURTEEN emails waiting for me.
    - The one displayed (#14) is junk mail.
    - So I swipe away #14
    - Then swipe away #13
    - Then swipe away #12
    - Eureka! Email #11 is important. I tap to open it.

This would be GREAT!!!!

Otherwise, this is just a glorified version of (dare I say it?) iPhone's discreet notifications, nothing more.

Pack 'n' Track has a decent solution of cycling through various packages... wish emails and SMS offered something like this or what I suggested above.

I just hit the left most area of the email notification which takes me to my inbox, which in turn lists all my emails. Seems pretty easy to me.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    i have downloaded QI several times straight from canuck. It says its version 1.0. How do install a theme with that version? it has no themer option.

I have downloaded the most recent version from canuck several times. I am running a mac if that makes a difference.
  4.    #1904  
    Quote Originally Posted by skippyrulz View Post
    patches are now available thru preware. i think this is what jason meant when he said that the use of patches in WOQI may be reduced or nonexistent in the next version.

i think all (or most) of the patches you have listed are in preware as of now.
    I'd like to point out I'm helping out on converting patches to ipks. An online repository for tweaks will be in this friday's update (though I won't guarantee each will work 100%; the ones included in WOSQI itself I will make sure work, however )
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    don't know about that but its definitely not because ur on a mac. I'm on a mac right now and got no problems. Look on the forum for the sticky post for webosquickinstall and if its updated use the link at the bottom of the main post
    I'm not crazy cause my hands are in my pants...... I'm just feeling Nuts!!!
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Aw, c'mon... I know how to open my inbox! But it would be a great way to quickly sift thru my emails without even needing to open the app! It's simple. Clean. Fast. Would be great. Stacked notifications, people! Think about it!!!!
    Aw, c'mon... I know how to open my inbox! But it would be a great way to quickly sift thru my emails without even needing to open the app! It's simple. Clean. Fast. Would be great. Stacked notifications, people! Think about it!!!!
    LOL
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    Jason:

Any chance you can add a new feature/tweak to, with a click of a button, backup and restore SMS/MMS/IM message history? That way, when we have to swap out phones with Sprint (or webOSDoctor the phone), we don't lose our message history?

/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3

??

Someone posted a way to do it, which is greatly appreciated,
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1692143
    but it would be quite nice to have an easier method.

Thanks
    Great Idea!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quickrahn View Post
    Great suggestion if possible!
    Flashing LED patch, with the capability of changing colors.

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Honestly, to me it would be annoying as hell if I had to MANUALLY flick away 14 email notifications. It's much easier to go to the inbox.
    you have to install the autopatch feed. should be the newest package in preware. then refresh the feeds and viola! 55 patches as of right now. a couple of the ones i tried gave me an error, but most worked just fine.
    So simple, yet if nobody tells you, you don't know!! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quickrahn View Post
    Great suggestion if possible!
    Quote Originally Posted by opendave View Post
    FWIW - I have been using a theme without any problem on 1.2. I installed it via Preware.
    I was able to install the guitar theme via Preware (didnt care to much for it), then uninstalled, and tried to reload another theme. Which did not work. It does look like, some Themes work, while others do not. Am I correct in saying this?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    So is there anyway to get Preware or fileCoaster or Preload onto the Pre now that QI doesn't work with 1.2?
    Quote Originally Posted by hsarci View Post
    So is there anyway to get Preware or fileCoaster or Preload onto the Pre now that QI doesn't work with 1.2?
    use QI 2.03, it works. I'm on 1.2 and was able to install preware that way and the battery % tweak
    i was able to install Preware onto my pre with verion 1.2 using QI 2.6...only thing i had problems with as far as i know were tweaks...but Preware is on my pre successfully
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedachamp View Post
    i was able to install Preware onto my pre with verion 1.2 using QI 2.6...only thing i had problems with as far as i know were tweaks...but Preware is on my pre successfully
    Preware can put a majority of those tweaks back.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1936283
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang46L View Post
    So simple, yet if nobody tells you, you don't know!! Thanks!
    you have to install the autopatch feed. should be the newest package in preware. then refresh the feeds and viola! 55 patches as of right now. a couple of the ones i tried gave me an error, but most worked just fine.
    Having a ball playing with my new found 55 patches... BTW none seem to work until you restart Luna - "theres an app for that" couldn't resist (Luna Manager)
    sent from my Palm Pre
  18.    #1918  
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosted View Post
    Preware can put a majority of those tweaks back.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1936283
    Just wanna make it clear WebOS Quick Install will be getting these tweaks friday too
    I now have a new icon that I cannot figure out what it is. It is not in any Pre notes/manuals that I can find. Does anyone know what it is? It looks like an ear or question mark.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    hearing aid?