Page 95 of 130 FirstFirst ... 458590919293949596979899100105 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by egretman View Post
    My Story.

Like mbloflin, I woke up with 1.2 installed without my permission. I figured I was done for seeing as how I had all 50 tweaks installed, not to mention 5 themes.

Well, I bit the bullet and went into sprint and told the nice fellow my story. He laughed....for some reason....and turned his back to me. But I saw him push a secret button on my pre in its top right corner. In exactly 2 and one half minutes, he handed it back to me and said, "there...all fixed. Delete your PreCentral account and never ever do it again".

I think they were so nice to me because I admitted to downloading 12 gigabytes over Mytether and promised I would never do it again.

And that is my story.

BTW, is that Webos Install thingy fixed yet?

That is weird that they told you to never go on again. The guy that helped me with my Pre at Sprint told me all about this site. I didn't even ask or anything. He actually did the first tweak for me. LOL
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I went to the sprint store to have a screen issue looked at and when he saw my tweaks (most of all the custom boot screen) he was excited and showed me the mods to his pre haha.
    So yea, Friday, at the latest, there'll be a 1.2 compatible version out. Sorry to disappoint, this extra time is a necessary evil. Until then, v2.03 may work for some tweaks and is still available at Canuck Software

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    This is a repost for all the people asking if QuickInstall works for 1.2! He is working as hard as he can to get it up and running. Layoff him and try reading the posts before you post a question.
    Used v2.03 from Canuck Software site to tweak 4x4 and "add launcher pages" successfully to webOS 1.2 ....didn't try any other tweaks, didnt want to push my luck
    sent from my Palm Pre
    I used 2.03 w/out discretion on applying tweaks and so far have 4x4, add launcher, launcher opacity, message landscape, battery % and squarify.

Planning on removing all of them for the new version of QI, but this satisfied my needs for now.
    I can't believe I installed 1.2 before I found this thread! I can't wait for WebOS Quick Installer2.7 or better that supports the the update!
    <-Jumping ship on the Palm Pre and getting the HTC EVO...So far that's the 650, 800w, the Pro, Pre and soon the HTC EVO...
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    no....u cant install tweaks...but u CAN install apps...hope that answers ur question
    what do you mean by tweaks? I don't know the difference, I just wanted to install apps from this site, so how do I do that without webOS Quick Install....and what is the difference between apps and tweaks (where can I find tweaks)....Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    I see you didn't erase your PreCentral acct either.

Shhhhhhh....I'm not here.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtorres View Post
    what do you mean by tweaks? I don't know the difference, I just wanted to install apps from this site, so how do I do that without webOS Quick Install....and what is the difference between apps and tweaks (where can I find tweaks)....Thanks.
    an example of tweaks is like 4 x 4 in the launcher...landscape mode for messaging and email..battery % tweaks etc etc....i think friday when jason updates his quick install you'll be able to do that...for now u can install homebrew apps fine on quick install
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by jtorres View Post

look there is a big difference between tweaks( patch) and apps ... first the tweaks ( patch )are hacks ... so that mean change files in your phone system and about apps are aplications or programs dont change any file in your phone ...the tweaks are in webos quick install program but is not working fine for now ... u should wait until friday!
    Jason,

Can you add these to the next version?

Code:
    /opt/src/modifications/messaging/contact-multitone.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/soundsandalerts/message-tone-sounds-and-alerts.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/contacts/contacttone.patch
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...h-contact.html
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Jason,

Can you add these to the next version?

Code:
    /opt/src/modifications/messaging/contact-multitone.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/soundsandalerts/message-tone-sounds-and-alerts.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/contacts/contacttone.patch
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...h-contact.html
    patches are now available thru preware. i think this is what jason meant when he said that the use of patches in WOQI may be reduced or nonexistent in the next version.

i think all (or most) of the patches you have listed are in preware as of now.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    for now u can install homebrew apps fine on quick install
    How can I install homebrew apps if that requires webOS Quick Install, thats what my question is: if to install apps you need webOS Quick Install, now that I have webOS 1.2 which is not compatible with quick install, how then can I install apps.....or am I wrong about needing quick install to install apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by skippyrulz View Post
    patches are now available thru preware. i think this is what jason meant when he said that the use of patches in WOQI may be reduced or nonexistent in the next version.

i think all (or most) of the patches you have listed are in preware as of now.

These are not in Preware as of yet but they are on the WebOs-internals page. If you found them in Preware I would like to know where?
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    Hey maybe you can include the blink option to be turned on and allow us to provide different colors to the blink option for different things, like email one color missed call another color and so on, etc...? IS this possible?
    Great suggestion if possible!
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    These are not in Preware as of yet but they are on the WebOs-internals page. If you found them in Preware I would like to know where?
    you have to install the autopatch feed. should be the newest package in preware. then refresh the feeds and viola! 55 patches as of right now. a couple of the ones i tried gave me an error, but most worked just fine.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    does 2.6 work with 1.2 NOW??
    Quote Originally Posted by skippyrulz View Post
    you have to install the autopatch feed. should be the newest package in preware. then refresh the feeds and viola! 55 patches as of right now. a couple of the ones i tried gave me an error, but most worked just fine.
    Thank you for posting this!
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Is there a way to sideload Preware now that 1.2 doesn't play nice with Quick Install???
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    While someone answers my last question (see above), here's an idea for a tweak that REALLY needs to be added:

STACKED NOTIFICATIONS.

Imagine the following scenario:

- I tap my little white email notification icon
    - I see that I have FOURTEEN emails waiting for me.
    - The one displayed (#14) is junk mail.
    - Why should I have to swipe away ALL my emails if the top one is junk? What if email #11 is important?

Why not do it this way??
    - I tap my little white email notification icon
    - I see that I have FOURTEEN emails waiting for me.
    - The one displayed (#14) is junk mail.
    - So I swipe away #14
    - Then swipe away #13
    - Then swipe away #12
    - Eureka! Email #11 is important. I tap to open it.

This would be GREAT!!!!

Otherwise, this is just a glorified version of (dare I say it?) iPhone's discreet notifications, nothing more.

Pack 'n' Track has a decent solution of cycling through various packages... wish emails and SMS offered something like this or what I suggested above.
    thankyou. sooo sooo much. :]