Page 94 of 130 FirstFirst ... 44848990919293949596979899104 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    Try going to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add Hardware

Choose yes when asked if the device is connected (make sure it is of course!) and run thru the setup. Should recognize it as Palm Novacom. This solved my problem when everything else failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Check the first post and then you tell me
    Not to be too pushy (I wish I could help in the endeavor myself, but I'm an *****), but is there and estimated ETA on when this might be ported to 1.2?

I miss my tweaks!

EDIT - Nevermind! Found the answer waaaaaaaay back on page 78!
    lol
    Crossing my finger for Friday!
    I need an answer :P

I am running WebOS 1.2 and i want to use webos doctor to revert baq to factory settings (1.0)..... and then after that.... I will update it so it has webOS 1.2 again..... then i want to install the red&black theme on it...and then I want to install filecoaster and from there, i will install homebrew apps from filecoaster....

Just 1 question, CAN I DO THAT!?!?!??! LOL!

Thank you.
    Jason:

Any chance you can add a new feature/tweak to, with a click of a button, backup and restore SMS/MMS/IM message history? That way, when we have to swap out phones with Sprint (or webOSDoctor the phone), we don't lose our message history?

/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3

??

Someone posted a way to do it, which is greatly appreciated,
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1692143
    but it would be quite nice to have an easier method.

Thanks
    Last edited by KnoxBNYC; 09/30/2009 at 04:38 PM.
    ^
    |
    |
    Great idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by kmfast View Post
    I need an answer :P

I am running WebOS 1.2 and i want to use webos doctor to revert baq to factory settings (1.0)..... and then after that.... I will update it so it has webOS 1.2 again..... then i want to install the red&black theme on it...and then I want to install filecoaster and from there, i will install homebrew apps from filecoaster....

Just 1 question, CAN I DO THAT!?!?!??! LOL!

Thank you.

First of all (not to be a jerk) but you should have looked more here at pre cent. your answer is here...

There is no need to install 1.0 just use web OS doctor and do the fresh start from 1.2 then wait till the new web OS QI to be released later this week... What you are wanting to do makes no sense... Theme's are still not working yet with 1.2 or i have not heard anything about them working as of yet so just install the 1.2 via web os doctor and wait a couple days...
    lol dont worry, i was too lazy to look into things LOL, thanks for telling me
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Theme's are still not working yet with 1.2 or i have not heard anything about them working as of yet so just install the 1.2 via web os doctor and wait a couple days...
    FWIW - I have been using a theme without any problem on 1.2. I installed it via Preware.
    Thanks to Quintus and a friend on Sprint, I've updated the first post links to the current 1.2 version of WebOSDoctor
    Thanks Jason
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I am anxiously awaiting WebOS Quick Install for 1.2. However, I have a problem and a question. Last night I read till the wee hours about what all I should do to prepare for 1.2 update. It was so late I decided to wait till today to remove tweaks, Virtual Keyboard, etc. To my shock, I woke up this morning to my phone announcing it has successfully update to 1.2. WTH!

Now, I don't want to brick it, don't want to reset it using WebOS Doctor. I am afraid if I run WebOS Quick Install in this state it may lock up some or all of the phone. Should I remove ANYTHING at this point or should I just wait for Jason's latest magic and install it over the top or what?

Thanks...
    I have searched high and low... Just cant find the appropriate WebOS Doctor build to revert to version 1.1

I'm sure there's something stupid and silly that I am missing but, I really really need some help to figure out how the ***** I can rewind my phone back to v1.1 from 1.2

Thanks in advance
    -thebutters
    Just a heads up t everyone, expect the 1.2 update in a few days. WebOS-Internals has made up the own patching format, which they plan on launching through Preware. To avoid compatibility issues, I'm changing my Tweaks panel, converting the patches into ipks. In addition an issue has come up in regards to theming, so I'm haing to work through some things in that department as well.

So yea, Friday, at the latest, there'll be a 1.2 compatible version out. Sorry to disappoint, this extra time is a necessary evil. Until then, v2.03 may work for some tweaks and is still available at Canuck Software
    This is a repost for all the people asking if QuickInstall works for 1.2! He is working as hard as he can to get it up and running. Layoff him and try reading the posts before you post a question.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmfast View Post
    lol dont worry, i was too lazy to look into things LOL, thanks for telling me
    Forum rules require that you search before posting a question. Now that we know that you are too lazy to search, I wonder how much help you will receive the next time you post a question.

Forum rules also prohibit crossposting. I noticed that you also posted this question in the General Web OS forum. Please don't waste our time by posting in more than one place.

Thanks for you cooperation.
    My Story.

Like mbloflin, I woke up with 1.2 installed without my permission. I figured I was done for seeing as how I had all 50 tweaks installed, not to mention 5 themes.

Well, I bit the bullet and went into sprint and told the nice fellow my story. He laughed....for some reason....and turned his back to me. But I saw him push a secret button on my pre in its top right corner. In exactly 2 and one half minutes, he handed it back to me and said, "there...all fixed. Delete your PreCentral account and never ever do it again".

I think they were so nice to me because I admitted to downloading 12 gigabytes over Mytether and promised I would never do it again.

And that is my story.

BTW, is that Webos Install thingy fixed yet?
    thanx j. cant wait till webos 1.2 quick install is ready. ur the man j
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    Jason:

Any chance you can add a new feature/tweak to, with a click of a button, backup and restore SMS/MMS/IM message history? That way, when we have to swap out phones with Sprint (or webOSDoctor the phone), we don't lose our message history?

/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3

??

Someone posted a way to do it, which is greatly appreciated,
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1692143
    but it would be quite nice to have an easier method.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iTBaggedUrPre View Post
    ^
    |
    |
    Great idea!
    Not too sure that is such a good idea unless he can really dive into it. Ultimately, it could be more headache than it's worth. See the following.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1816978
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Not too sure that is such a good idea unless he can really dive into it. Ultimately, it could be more headache than it's worth. See the following.

Yeah I read the entire thread. There are conflicting views about this working or not. For someone who is not exchanging their pre and just wanting back up for their current pre, it should work.

BTW please start ignoring these people asking if Qi is "fixed"(it was never broken). When it is on post #1 it will be ready.period
    Last edited by iTBaggedUrPre; 09/30/2009 at 05:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post

I was hoping that he could extract only the tables within the database that contain the message history. That shouldn't fubar things like the other guy was talking about.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by egretman View Post
    My Story.

Like mbloflin, I woke up with 1.2 installed without my permission. I figured I was done for seeing as how I had all 50 tweaks installed, not to mention 5 themes.

Well, I bit the bullet and went into sprint and told the nice fellow my story. He laughed....for some reason....and turned his back to me. But I saw him push a secret button on my pre in its top right corner. In exactly 2 and one half minutes, he handed it back to me and said, "there...all fixed. Delete your PreCentral account and never ever do it again".

I think they were so nice to me because I admitted to downloading 12 gigabytes over Mytether and promised I would never do it again.

And that is my story.

BTW, is that Webos Install thingy fixed yet?
    Not the secret button trick? You weren't supposed to tell anyone.
    I see you didn't erase your PreCentral acct either.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbloflin View Post
    I am anxiously awaiting WebOS Quick Install for 1.2. However, I have a problem and a question. Last night I read till the wee hours about what all I should do to prepare for 1.2 update. It was so late I decided to wait till today to remove tweaks, Virtual Keyboard, etc. To my shock, I woke up this morning to my phone announcing it has successfully update to 1.2. WTH!

Now, I don't want to brick it, don't want to reset it using WebOS Doctor. I am afraid if I run WebOS Quick Install in this state it may lock up some or all of the phone. Should I remove ANYTHING at this point or should I just wait for Jason's latest magic and install it over the top or what?

Thanks...
    I would say, if your phone works now, don't mess with it! I am the kind of person who almost enjoys resetting my phone with WebOS Doctor, it just seems to make things smoother. Plus, I am an avid google products user, so all my contacts, calendar entries, emails, apps and app settings are fully restored so it makes things easier. As long as you have your usb data backed up, the doctor is is not so bad!

Is your phone still working like normal after the update? If so just don't change anything until the new WOSQI comes out and you're set! (although you still might have to try removing tweaks, causing errors and possibly forcing avisit to the doctor)