Page 93 of 130 FirstFirst ... 43838889909192939495969798103 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Quintus's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    #1841  
    Just out of curiosity, had I allowed the Java download to complete, would it have remotely wiped out my phone or would I have had to plug the phone to the computer? I'm asking because it did ask for my serial number prior to the download and I assume that Palm could wipe out my phone remotely with the serial number if it wanted to. No?
  2. Quintus's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    #1842  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Looks like ya figured it out yourself. Got the email, exactly what I needed, thanks
    You are WELCOME!!! Can't wait to get my tweaks back. Thanks Jason.
  3. #1843  
    Quote Originally Posted by oscmarpre20 View Post
    HI JASON..PLEASE HELP ME..!! I JUST DOWNLOAD + WEBOS 1.2.0, YESTERDAY....HOW CAN I get "quick intall.."
    Please read the forum guidelines. Crossposting is not allowed. You have posted this request on several forums and then seem to ignore the responses that people have provided to you.

    If you really want help, play by the rules.
  4. Robtrot's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #1844  
    I know you guys are working hard to bring this back after the update, and I appreciate it. Just wondering if there is an estimated time line for webOS quick install getting back up and running?
  5. #1845  
    Quote Originally Posted by Robtrot View Post
    I know you guys are working hard to bring this back after the update, and I appreciate it. Just wondering if there is an estimated time line for webOS quick install getting back up and running?
    The answer to your question is on this page. Scroll up
  6. osirus's Avatar
    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    #1846  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    The .jnlp is what I need, and only is a few kilobytes. I think you've opened the .jnlp file and started the WebOSDoctor download. Best to cancel that download and try choosing 'Save as...' for the .jnlp again.

    EDIT:

    Looks like ya figured it out yourself. Got the email, exactly what I needed, thanks
    you da man jason
  7. osirus's Avatar
    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    #1847  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Ok, I think I got it. Instead of hitting the "Dowload Now" button which seems to run a JavaScript, I right-clicked and saved the target "jnlp" file.

    Jason, I have sent it to you. Did you receive it and is this what you needed?
    apprciated Q
  8.    #1848  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Just out of curiosity, had I allowed the Java download to complete, would it have remotely wiped out my phone or would I have had to plug the phone to the computer? I'm asking because it did ask for my serial number prior to the download and I assume that Palm could wipe out my phone remotely with the serial number if it wanted to. No?
    The WebOSDoctor itself is not tied to your serial number, so don't worry, Palm won't be wiping out your device remotely (not to mention they wouldn't risk it given how much bad PRPRPR $that$'$d$ $get$ $them$).

    However. if you had've let the download finish, it would autoloaunch WebOSDoctor which you begin the process or resetting your device to factory standards.
  9. #1849  
    So if we click the WebOS Doctor link in the 1st page of this thread, does that mean we are downloading the latest version? Or do I have to go directly to the palm site to get the new one.
  10.    #1850  
    Quote Originally Posted by djorijun View Post
    So if we click the WebOS Doctor link in the 1st page of this thread, does that mean we are downloading the latest version? Or do I have to go directly to the palm site to get the new one.
    Thanks to Quintus and a friend on Sprint, I've updated the first post links to the current 1.2 version of WebOSDoctor
  11. #1851  
    sorry if this has already been answered, but am I correct in that this still doesnt work with os 1.2?
  12.    #1852  
    Quote Originally Posted by panchala View Post
    sorry if this has already been answered, but am I correct in that this still doesnt work with os 1.2?
    Check the first post and then you tell me
  13. Robtrot's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #1853  
    I tried to use web OSQI tio reinstall preware after I updated my palm but it says no device detected. Is this what is not working or do I have another problem? One of the guys on Palmcast last night said that it worked for him to install opreware after he had updated to 1.2 but that the tweaks weren't working. Am I doing something wrong?
  14.    #1854  
    Quote Originally Posted by Robtrot View Post
    I tried to use web OSQI tio reinstall preware after I updated my palm but it says no device detected. Is this what is not working or do I have another problem? One of the guys on Palmcast last night said that it worked for him to install opreware after he had updated to 1.2 but that the tweaks weren't working. Am I doing something wrong?
    Did you re-enable DevMode after the update?
  15. #1855  
    Can someone please answer this for me - I have been searching but haven't found it yet:

    I just recently updated to 1.02 - can I now install the homebrew apps? or do I have to wait for an update ?

    and, if another webOS update occurs -- do I have to remove/uninstall ALL homebrew apps before updating ?

    If anyone could answer this I would love you lol cheers im new!
  16. #1856  
    You can install the homebrew apps and you don't have to remove it before the next OS update.

    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    Can someone please answer this for me - I have been searching but haven't found it yet:

    I just recently updated to 1.02 - can I now install the homebrew apps? or do I have to wait for an update ?

    and, if another webOS update occurs -- do I have to remove/uninstall ALL homebrew apps before updating ?

    If anyone could answer this I would love you lol cheers im new!
  17. GigaS27's Avatar
    Posts
    286 Posts
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    #1857  
    Noticed new drivers with new SDK, can it be part of issue?
    Sprint Palm Pre-
  18. danmay.56's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #1858  
    M. Robitaile, this is ONE very very good software. Don't know if people told you this but, a few tweaks work with WebOs 1.2; squarify the screen and the analog clock do work. D.
  19. FlameOut's Avatar
    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #1859  
    I'm not sure if I'm missing something or what, but I upgraded to 1.2 and was able to get the 4x4 icons, battery % and a few other tweaks working. Was I reading the posts correctly that they don't (or shouldn't) work with the new 1.2?

    I should add that I didn't delete ANY tweaks before upgrading. After the upgrade, I lost virtual keyboard, 4 x 4 icons, battery % and a few others, but was able to get them all back
  20. #1860  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Did you re-enable DevMode after the update?
    I am having the same problem. It worked previous to 1.2. I have deleted wosqi and wdoc reinstalled rebooted twice turned dev mode on and off three times, running win 7 and altered the msi. file twice, i keep getting wosqi to say that it won't find the device and i think that I have isolated and tried every variable.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions