Page 92 of 130 FirstFirst ... 42828788899091929394959697102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1821  
    If there's any Bell Mobility user out there, it looks like Palm changed their WebOSDoctor download url. If a Bell Mobility user could go to Palm - palm.com/rom and email me the .jnlp file, I'll be able to update the urls in WOSQI. My email: jason [at] canuck-software [dot] ca
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    If there's any Bell Mobility user out there, it looks like Palm changed their WebOSDoctor download url. If a Bell Mobility user could go to [url= - palm.com/rom[/url] and email me the .jnlp file, I'll be able to update the urls in WOSQI. My email: jason [at] canuck-software [dot] ca
    I downloaded the 1.2 doctor yesterday from your link in ur 1st page...does the link chance automatically?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    I downloaded the 1.2 doctor yesterday from your link in ur 1st page...does the link chance automatically?
    I'm not 100% positive, but I think that was a link to the 1.1 Doctor. The link was different for Sprint for the 1.2 Doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwebguy View Post
    I'm not 100% positive, but I think that was a link to the 1.1 Doctor. The link was different for Sprint for the 1.2 Doctor.
    well that's weird bc last night I doctored my phone with that link and my phone is 1.2
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

5.    #1825  
    it appears they changes it rather recently, leaving 1.1 WebOSDoctor in the old URL's place. I've got the new Sprint url, now I just need the new Bell one
    it appears they changes it rather recently, leaving 1.1 WebOSDoctor in the old URL's place. I've got the new Sprint url, now I just need the new Bell one
    oh ok bc I download the doctor last night and it was 1.2...qi is still to release for friday?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Two things to try, assuming you use a PC:
    1) from the Windows Run command, type services.msc, hit ENTER on keyboard (or press OK if you prefer to use your mouse). Make sure the Palm Novacom service is in Started status. If it is, stop it then start it then try connecting your Pre.
    2) If one doesn't work, reboot your PC and try again. You may want to run services.msc again just to make sure Palm Novacom is Started.
    If you're a command line junkie you can use:
    net start "Palm Novacom"

If you see "The requested service has already been started." Then it is running.

You may need to stop the service using:
    net stop "Palm Novacom"

And restart the service again:
    net start "Palm Novacom"

If you're using Windows 7 or Windows Vista, Jason Robitaille has an easy to understand post here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...er-method.html

-mrwebguy
  8. NaS
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    been runnin 1.2 since the leak! Posted an posted sayin only one of the quick installs worked! Which was 2.3! Now upon launch everybody instead of reading the post they flood precentral! An when they did find my post they can't even hit the THANKS!!! But they sure can quote it! Just want to clear the air!
    I can't get webos quick install 2.03 to work. I've downloaded the latest webos doctor and up to date with java. All are in the same folder yet when I try to run quick install I keep getting the message about it needs to download webdoctor to run correctly. I already have webdoctor downloaded....why is it doing this? All I want to do is install preware on my phone.
    Yawn......just got up guys.

Well, what's happened. You fellows up all night?

Is IT fixed? Or is that a really really bad question?
    well that's weird bc last night I doctored my phone with that link and my phone is 1.2
    It's very possible they updated it. I grabbed it yesterday during the early part of the day and it was the same 1.1 version. I went through the Palm site to get the 1.2 version about an hour later. That will make keeping threads updated easier.

-mrwebguy
    Quote Originally Posted by lutterfamily4 View Post
    I can't get webos quick install 2.03 to work. I've downloaded the latest webos doctor and up to date with java. All are in the same folder yet when I try to run quick install I keep getting the message about it needs to download webdoctor to run correctly. I already have webdoctor downloaded....why is it doing this? All I want to do is install preware on my phone.
    If you're running webOS 1.2, OSQI will not work. Need to wait until the end of the week when the new version is released.

-mrwebguy
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwebguy View Post
    If you're running webOS 1.2, OSQI will not work. Need to wait until the end of the week when the new version is released.

-mrwebguy
    THanks this is the answer I was waiting for.
  14.    #1834  
    Just to reiterate:

If there's any Bell Mobility user out there, it looks like Palm changed their WebOSDoctor download url.

If a Bell Mobility user could go to http://palm.com/rom and email me the .jnlp file, I'll be able to update the urls in WOSQI.
    My email: jason [at] canuck-software [dot] ca

Takes like 2min to do and is one of the things I need before I can release updated WOSQI and updated WebOS Repair Utility
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Just to reiterate:

If there's any Bell Mobility user out there, it looks like Palm changed their WebOSDoctor download url.

If a Bell Mobility user could go to http://palm.com/rom and email me the .jnlp file, I'll be able to update the urls in WOSQI.
    My email: jason [at] canuck-software [dot] ca

Takes like 2min to do and is one of the things I need before I can release updated WOSQI and updated WebOS Repair Utility
    Jason,

I'm downloading it now. This is not going to automatically run on my device, is it?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Jason,

This download is taking a long time. I'm getting panicky here. Did I just authorize Palm to wipe out my Pre?
    No you're fine. You're just downloading files to your computer. Just don't run it when you get it.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Jason,

This download is taking a long time. I'm getting panicky here. Did I just authorize Palm to wipe out my Pre?
    You should be downloading a file to your PC. You don't need your Pre to be attached to your PC to do this. Jason needs the file you are downloading.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Ok, I think I got it. Instead of hitting the "Dowload Now" button which seems to run a JavaScript, I right-clicked and saved the target "jnlp" file.

Jason, I have sent it to you. Did you receive it and is this what you needed?
  20.    #1840  
    Jason,

The .jnlp is what I need, and only is a few kilobytes. I think you've opened the .jnlp file and started the WebOSDoctor download. Best to cancel that download and try choosing 'Save as...' for the .jnlp again.

EDIT:
    Ok, I think I got it. Instead of hitting the "Dowload Now" button which seems to run a JavaScript, I right-clicked and saved the target "jnlp" file.

Jason, I have sent it to you. Did you receive it and is this what you needed?
    Looks like ya figured it out yourself. Got the email, exactly what I needed, thanks