Page 91 of 130 FirstFirst ... 41818687888990919293949596101 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Just a heads up t everyone, expect the 1.2 update in a few days. WebOS-Internals has made up the own patching format, which they plan on launching through Preware. To avoid compatibility issues, I'm changing my Tweaks panel, converting the patches into ipks. In addition an issue has come up in regards to theming, so I'm haing to work through some things in that department as well.

So yea, Friday, at the latest, there'll be a 1.2 compatible version out. Sorry to disappoint, this extra time is a necessary evil. Until then, v2.03 may work for some tweaks and is still available at
    Canuck Software
    Thought I would post this up once again so everyone can see it.
    Jason thank you for all your hard work. I will be waiting on your webos quick install update for the 1.2 update. In the last day, I have determined which people to listen to and which ones to pass on by. There were several posts this morning that said not to worry, it did not effect the tweaks. However, you said remove the tweaks. From now on, I will just search your name and see what you say. There are you and about 5 other people I feel very comfortable with their advice. Thank you for the hard work you do for idiots like me and thank you for your patience with us idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTBaggedUrPre View Post
    SH((T I followed the instructions from Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals

I think I actually killed it well .. so I finish, I'm supposed to reboot. So after I reboot I get this screen again "install" or "install later" I was already in airplane mode.. how the f--k?? Is it possible the update already downloaded in my pre.. if so where do I find it and get rid of it. It's past my bed time and I'm losing sleep over this. I gotta get up early in morning for work. I need a quick answer. please!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    yes there is a tweak to keep it from updating

Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals

"There's a tweak for that!"

Eat it apple..
    Thought I would post this up once again so everyone can see it.
    cool. I'll wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by nolonyc View Post
    I did the same thing... I installed preware again and it's not showing themes or apps. Everything is grayed out just letting me uninstall the apps I have already. Any ideas how to fix this?
    Best idea I could suggest is not posting questions regarding Preware in a thread titled WebOS Quick Install.
    Irish
    Will there be a version for WebOS 1.2?
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    I'm quite thrilled that iTunes worked for me after I used the iPhone tweak on v2.03. Luckily I never agreed to the iTunes update and I still have v8. Anyone else...
    Holly,

I am curious. What does the iPhone spoofing have to do with connecting with iTunes? My Pre has continued to sync with iTunes without having enabled the spoofing. I too am still running v8.

Also, since Palm got spanked for lying about its USB identity, which it used to trick iTunes, did that connectivity go away in WebOS v1.2?
    Irish
    I just installed 2.03 on my pre with WebOS 1.2 and I cannot access or even see my launcher pages at all. When I swipe up or use the icon on the bar I get the google, wikepedia, twitter screen. What went wrong and what can I do to get my apps back?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hobiedon View Post
    I just installed 2.03 on my pre with WebOS 1.2 and I cannot access or even see my launcher pages at all. When I swipe up or use the icon on the bar I get the google, wikepedia, twitter screen. What went wrong and what can I do to get my apps back?
    i am having the same issue....
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh32 View Post
    i am having the same issue....
    I had that issue as well. I had to take my phone back to the factory setting using WebDoctor program and then re-install everything. It took me hours to fix my phone! This was not a smooth sailing update!
    Is that the only way???
    I just went to quick install, tools, then selected device management and I can see all my apps I just can't get a launcher screen to come up.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Everyone, for the love of god please just relax till it all gets settled. I am sure Jay is working hard on getting everything in order. You can all survive a few days with big icons, non-square screens, and no battery %. Don't use 2.03 because you can mess up you phone, we all know having to use Web Doc sucks. So please everyone just hang tight till Jay and all the other developers can sort things out. It will take longer if they have to reply to every post. I don't mean to sound like a jerk.
    webOS Repair Utility maybe?
    Hard headed and stubborn maybe?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by hobiedon View Post
    Happened to me. I had to run the doctor. Im gonna stay on 1.1 until Jason releases the updated QuickInstall
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    for some reason my palm is not being recognized by webos..i have it on dev mode and did the novacom stuff..i was able to use it yesterday and then when i tried again it again it wont recognize it..and it still wont..anyone having this problem?
    Everything you want to know about the VK and 1.2:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ard-1-2-a.html
    I'm actually trying to just get osqi to work as well, per these issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jvalen85 View Post
    for some reason my palm is not being recognized by webos..i have it on dev mode and did the novacom stuff..i was able to use it yesterday and then when i tried again it again it wont recognize it..and it still wont..anyone having this problem?
    Two things to try, assuming you use a PC:
    1) from the Windows Run command, type services.msc, hit ENTER on keyboard (or press OK if you prefer to use your mouse). Make sure the Palm Novacom service is in Started status. If it is, stop it then start it then try connecting your Pre.
    2) If one doesn't work, reboot your PC and try again. You may want to run services.msc again just to make sure Palm Novacom is Started.
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/30/2009 at 07:58 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers