Page 90 of 130 FirstFirst ... 40808586878889909192939495100 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtorres View Post
    I just got my Pre today and was looking to start adding apps from this site, however the developer of WebOS Quick Install says on page 1 of this thread in big black letters that this will not work with WebOS 1.2, I just updated my phone to 1.2, so how do I install apps then if WebOS Quick Install is required to install them?

Thanks,
    jon
    no....u cant install tweaks...but u CAN install apps...hope that answers ur question
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I'm quite thrilled that iTunes worked for me after I used the iPhone tweak on v2.03. Luckily I never agreed to the iTunes update and I still have v8. Anyone else...
    Quote Originally Posted by jtorres View Post
    I just got my Pre today and was looking to start adding apps from this site, however the developer of WebOS Quick Install says on page 1 of this thread in big black letters that this will not work with WebOS 1.2, I just updated my phone to 1.2, so how do I install apps then if WebOS Quick Install is required to install them?

Thanks,
    jon
    Jon,
    You can root the apps/patches/tweaks into your pre, use an old version of QI(v2.03; this is not guaranteed to work), or wait till Friday for Jason to update the QI.

Here are a couple of step by step videos of how to root and apply patches:

YouTube - AppOfTheDay2's Channel

I will be waiting patiently... I certianly appreciate(donated) all of Jasons hard work and time involved in doing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTBaggedUrPre View Post
    here is one of the threads:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...rams-work.html

not the one I was looking for but it will give you something to read
    thanks for trying
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    so tried tweaking with 2.6 and no dice. used 2.03 and these tweaks work for me:
    4x4 icons
    reduce min brightness
    email in landscape
    call duration in log
    squarify the screen
    battery %

warning: messaging app tweaks will break the app (fortunately, just unchecking the tweak resolves it)
    I did find this. It was way back in the muck of this thread. Hopefully it will help you some.
    HI JASON..PLEASE HELP ME..!! I JUST DOWNLOAD + WEBOS 1.2.0, YESTERDAY....HOW CAN I get "quick intall.."
    Quote Originally Posted by iTBaggedUrPre View Post
    I did find this. It was way back in the muck of this thread. Hopefully it will help you some.
    Great! Thanks... you have my thanks. I guess the only question left is A or B? I was considering and creating a polling for this. So I wanted to see how the tweaks are able to work with or without the issues. Could this be relevant/helpful for the developer?
    Quote Originally Posted by oscmarpre20 View Post
    HI JASON..PLEASE HELP ME..!! I JUST DOWNLOAD + WEBOS 1.2.0, YESTERDAY....HOW CAN I get "quick intall.."
    Maybe read the first post..... And wait like the rest of us...
    THanks in advance and all the work done around here is really great. I just updated to webos 1.2 and want the keyboard and installed the newest wosqi, but everything that I try keeps giving me the no device detected. I have switched dev mode on and off 3 times, deleted and reinstalled webosdoc, and manually fixed the msi for novacom. When i try to reinstall novacom in the installer it takes me to the win 7 easy install page. All of my settings are correct as far as I can tell, and even though I am running 1.2 I should still be able to connect to the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    so tried tweaking with 2.6 and no dice. used 2.03 and these tweaks work for me:
    4x4 icons
    reduce min brightness
    email in landscape
    call duration in log
    squarify the screen
    battery %

warning: messaging app tweaks will break the app (fortunately, just unchecking the tweak resolves it)
    What about the boot screen and the add/delete launcher page tweak. Did that work? I haven't tried it yet right now I'm using Jason's WebOS Repair Utility to restore every modified file back to factory state, it's taking forever in this process. When I'm done I will try to experiment with webos quick install 2.03 with webos 1.2 update.
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    Great! Thanks... you have my thanks. I guess the only question left is A or B? I was considering and creating a polling for this. So I wanted to see how the tweaks are able to work with or without the issues. Could this be relevant/helpful for the developer?
    I believe just about everything has been covered in this thread. It is just a mess to dig through and find the info. I am sure Jason knows what needs to be done, he just may not have the time atm. Just wait a couple days and you'll be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorlee View Post
    THanks in advance and all the work done around here is really great. I just updated to webos 1.2 and want the keyboard and installed the newest wosqi, but everything that I try keeps giving me the no device detected. I have switched dev mode on and off 3 times, deleted and reinstalled webosdoc, and manually fixed the msi for novacom. When i try to reinstall novacom in the installer it takes me to the win 7 easy install page. All of my settings are correct as far as I can tell, and even though I am running 1.2 I should still be able to connect to the phone.
    Everything you want to know about the VK and 1.2:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ard-1-2-a.html
    What about the boot screen and the add/delete launcher page tweak. Did that work? I haven't tried it yet right now I'm using Jason's WebOS Repair Utility to restore every modified file back to factory state, it's taking forever in this process. When I'm done I will try to experiment with webos quick install 2.03 with webos 1.2 update.
    There is some more info about these tweaks in the WebOS 1.2 discussion thread but, it is in worse shape than this one. I have read that the add launcher page tweak really messed up some people's pres.
    well I'm trying to be patience but my palm pre is annoying when it keeps asking me to update to webos 1.2, I wasn't ready to update yet and every time I tap "install later" it keeps asking me on the next charge. I was afraid I'd wake up the next morning having my pre inadvertently messed up after it installs the new update without my permission. I didn't want that so I'm forced to ask a lot of questions. Don't blame me tho. Is there a tweak for the webo 1.1 to stop the pre from seeking or installing the update?
    yes there is a tweak to keep it from updating

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Blocking_Updates
    Just polling to see what users think of WebOs 1.2

Specifically those who have applied tweaks or themes and wish to keep those tweaks in place.

How many tweaks are actually included in the Webos 1.2 release?

* IM fwd?
    * IM timetime Stamp?
    * New CLock Option?
    * Battery %?
    * e-mail landscape mode?
    * Delete All Trash in E-mail application?

For those of you you removed tweaks and updated to Webos 1.2 do you recommend waiting or is the upgrade worth it, over losing the ability to tweak the pre using Quick install.

I was planning on holding off Upgrading to 1.2 as I like my pre the way it is now and don't want to lose the customized look ( dialer background, Music app , Photo, & browser wallpapers) all the tweaks! VK.

So should I wait? Can I wait?
    what's the keyword.. I started typing at google the first few words
    "webos tweak to prevent updates" any help appreciated.
    Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    Just polling to see what users think of WebOs 1.2

So should I wait? Can I wait?
    This is all answered in the WebOS 1.2 discussion thread and yes, you should wait(at least till Fri)