Page 9 of 130 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    For those having freezing problems, has anyone tried restarting their Pre? I know it restarts when you put in Dev mode but it wouldn't hurt to try again.

Also, maybe re-download the WebOSQuickInstall.jar and give it another shot?
    I have reset my phone and re-downloaded the file. Still no-go.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Wow what a big mess it sounds like. J.R. got a big day ahead of him tomor. Think I'll wait to upgrade this one, BUT in the new 'tweak' section, what options are new that you all have noticed? (even though they apparently aren't working but curious what's new on the list..?)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    - Full theming support
    - Added/updated many system mods
    - Added "Messaging Mods" section
    - Added virtual keyboard config settings
    Anything more specific that anyone noticed?

EDIT: 2sslow was too fast for me on this one... THNX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    It looks like 3 tweaks are already checked....was it like that when you launched it or did you successfully install those 3 tweaks before it locked up?
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    redownloading WebOS Doctor did NOT help the problem, neither did restarting the Pre, the PC, or redownloading QuickInstall.

I wonder what it can be...
    I'm not sure, but when I uninstalled mine, I unchecked them one at a time. I also moved all my apps back to just 3 pages and then deleted the extra launcher page that I created before I uninstalled that particular tweak.

For those having freezing problems, has anyone tried restarting their Pre? I know it restarts when you put in Dev mode but it wouldn't hurt to try again.

Did everything you suggested with the exception of removing extra launcher pages. I'll try that next and see if it corrects the problem.
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    I get this error message when trying to change a tweek

I think I removed two tweeks before reset was complete.

All other tweeks were removed ok updated WebOS Quick Install and other tweeks were put back on ok.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm not sure, but when I uninstalled mine, I unchecked them one at a time. I also moved all my apps back to just 3 pages and then deleted the extra launcher page that I created before I uninstalled that particular tweak.

I've also restarted my Pre and redownloaded.

Oh, I also didn't have any tweaks installed before all this either.
    Quote Originally Posted by asapelectric View Post
    When we update from old WebOS quick install, do we just erase old version then download and run new file for WebOS quick install. Or is it as simple as just downloading and and it installs itself over the old WebOS quick install?
    You can download it into the same folder and over write the old one if you want. Before doing that, you may want to copy the old file to a backup folder in case you would ever need it for whatever reason.
    It looks like 3 tweaks are already checked....was it like that when you launched it or did you successfully install those 3 tweaks before it locked up?
    The boot screen and haptic feedback were already checked, The only one i tried was roam only
    The boot screen and haptic feedback were already checked, The only one i tried was roam only
    Did you have those tweaks installed previously? If so, maybe they didn't get uninstalled correctly.

You could try installing version 2.03 again and see if those tweaks show up. If so, uninstall them and try the new version again.
    You can download it into the same folder and over write the old one if you want. Before doing that, you may want to copy the old file to a backup folder in case you would ever need it for whatever reason.
    Thanks for the quick response, despite the issue at hand!
    Did you have those tweaks installed previously? If so, maybe they didn't get uninstalled correctly.

You could try installing version 2.03 again and see if those tweaks show up. If so, uninstall them and try the new version again.
    Yeah I didnt uninstall the boot logo in 2.0.3 because it is just .png's

that is the only thing in 2.0.3 that I didnt uninstall.

I do have the v/keyboard installed through preware, Not sure why the check box was there for the v/keyboard stuff. It was also light grey so I am unable to uncheck it.
    It worked great for me ... for the record, I uninstalled all the tweaks I had enabled with 2.03, then I installed the tweaks through 2.5 just fine.

The only tweaks I tried that failed were "Hide NASCAR" and "Hide NFL". Otherwise, flawless. Sorry to the folks having issues, I couldn't reproduce your problems.

Thanks for continuing to improve WebOS Quick Install, it's a work of art and I am thankful for your time!
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    earlier i had a issue with my txt's not opening thank you for helping me through that..but now quick install doesnt even recognize my device it doesnt sound like it's happening to anyone else so idk im in dev mode and everything but its not working....HELP!!!!!PLZ... : )
    Have not had a chance to run 2.5 yet, (Going out soon) but my Pre wasn't being recognized after I downloaded 2.5. Tried 2.3 and still "no device found" error.

I corrected this error by uninstalling Novacom and then reinstalling Novacom (open Webosquickinstall > File > Options > reinstall novacom). Device found again by both versions. Just an FYI for those getting this error.

Also, if I remember correctly from Jason, you must remove ALL 2.3 version tweaks (yes all) BEFORE installing ANY 2.5 version tweaks. Just another FYI for those that might be catching issues with 2.5.

Hope to start testing 2.5 soon Jason! I'll get back on the forums soon after I start testing which should start tomorrow sometime for me (if not very late tonight depending on how my Saturday night ends up lol).

Thanks again Jason, you rock bro!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Yeah I didnt uninstall the boot logo in 2.0.3 because it is just .png's

that is the only thing in 2.0.3 that I didnt uninstall.

I do have the v/keyboard installed through preware, Not sure why the check box was there for the v/keyboard stuff. It was also light grey so I am unable to uncheck it.
    What I would do is uninstall the v/keyboard via preware, load up WebOSQuickInstall version 2.03 and uninstall the boot logo (even if it is just a .png file) and any other tweak that may show up, reboot the Pre, and then try WebOSQuickInstall 2.5 again. If you get it working, you can then re-install the v/keyboard.

I know it's a lot to do but not sure what else to suggest.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I never had any mods on mt newly replaced pre and 2.5 does not work. I tried 2.03 and it work just fine..
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Everything works great except the hide nfl/nascar tweaks are not working. And yes I did disable all of 2.03 tweaks.
    OK. I just changed my e-mail to landscape on 2.5, and its good. That's my input so far. For the record, I made sure there was nothing altered, themes, nothing, then downloaded 2.5. Reset. So far, so good. Im Vista 32, and 1.1 WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    I get this error message when trying to change a tweek

I think I removed two tweeks before reset was complete.

All other tweeks were removed ok updated WebOS Quick Install and other tweeks were put back on ok.
    See Jason's post #80 in this thread.
    Last edited by Trekker; 09/19/2009 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Trying to fix link