Page 9 of 130 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959109 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    For those having freezing problems, has anyone tried restarting their Pre? I know it restarts when you put in Dev mode but it wouldn't hurt to try again.

    Also, maybe re-download the WebOSQuickInstall.jar and give it another shot?
    I have reset my phone and re-downloaded the file. Still no-go.
  2. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #162  
    Wow what a big mess it sounds like. J.R. got a big day ahead of him tomor. Think I'll wait to upgrade this one, BUT in the new 'tweak' section, what options are new that you all have noticed? (even though they apparently aren't working but curious what's new on the list..?)


    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    - Full theming support
    - Added/updated many system mods
    - Added "Messaging Mods" section
    - Added virtual keyboard config settings
    Anything more specific that anyone noticed?

    EDIT: 2sslow was too fast for me on this one... THNX
  3. #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    It looks like 3 tweaks are already checked....was it like that when you launched it or did you successfully install those 3 tweaks before it locked up?
  4. Romanmb's Avatar
    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #164  
    redownloading WebOS Doctor did NOT help the problem, neither did restarting the Pre, the PC, or redownloading QuickInstall.

    I wonder what it can be...
  5. #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I'm not sure, but when I uninstalled mine, I unchecked them one at a time. I also moved all my apps back to just 3 pages and then deleted the extra launcher page that I created before I uninstalled that particular tweak.

    For those having freezing problems, has anyone tried restarting their Pre? I know it restarts when you put in Dev mode but it wouldn't hurt to try again.

    Also, maybe re-download the WebOSQuickInstall.jar and give it another shot?
    Did everything you suggested with the exception of removing extra launcher pages. I'll try that next and see if it corrects the problem.
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
  6. #166  
    I get this error message when trying to change a tweek

    I think I removed two tweeks before reset was complete.

    All other tweeks were removed ok updated WebOS Quick Install and other tweeks were put back on ok.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7. #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I'm not sure, but when I uninstalled mine, I unchecked them one at a time. I also moved all my apps back to just 3 pages and then deleted the extra launcher page that I created before I uninstalled that particular tweak.

    For those having freezing problems, has anyone tried restarting their Pre? I know it restarts when you put in Dev mode but it wouldn't hurt to try again.

    Also, maybe re-download the WebOSQuickInstall.jar and give it another shot?
    I've also restarted my Pre and redownloaded.

    Oh, I also didn't have any tweaks installed before all this either.
  8. #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by asapelectric View Post
    When we update from old WebOS quick install, do we just erase old version then download and run new file for WebOS quick install. Or is it as simple as just downloading and and it installs itself over the old WebOS quick install?
    You can download it into the same folder and over write the old one if you want. Before doing that, you may want to copy the old file to a backup folder in case you would ever need it for whatever reason.
  9. #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    It looks like 3 tweaks are already checked....was it like that when you launched it or did you successfully install those 3 tweaks before it locked up?
    The boot screen and haptic feedback were already checked, The only one i tried was roam only
  10. #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    The boot screen and haptic feedback were already checked, The only one i tried was roam only
    Did you have those tweaks installed previously? If so, maybe they didn't get uninstalled correctly.

    You could try installing version 2.03 again and see if those tweaks show up. If so, uninstall them and try the new version again.
  11. #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    You can download it into the same folder and over write the old one if you want. Before doing that, you may want to copy the old file to a backup folder in case you would ever need it for whatever reason.
    Thanks for the quick response, despite the issue at hand!
  12. #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Did you have those tweaks installed previously? If so, maybe they didn't get uninstalled correctly.

    You could try installing version 2.03 again and see if those tweaks show up. If so, uninstall them and try the new version again.
    Yeah I didnt uninstall the boot logo in 2.0.3 because it is just .png's

    that is the only thing in 2.0.3 that I didnt uninstall.

    I do have the v/keyboard installed through preware, Not sure why the check box was there for the v/keyboard stuff. It was also light grey so I am unable to uncheck it.
  13. #173  
    It worked great for me ... for the record, I uninstalled all the tweaks I had enabled with 2.03, then I installed the tweaks through 2.5 just fine.

    The only tweaks I tried that failed were "Hide NASCAR" and "Hide NFL". Otherwise, flawless. Sorry to the folks having issues, I couldn't reproduce your problems.

    Thanks for continuing to improve WebOS Quick Install, it's a work of art and I am thankful for your time!
  14. jersey221's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    #174  
    earlier i had a issue with my txt's not opening thank you for helping me through that..but now quick install doesnt even recognize my device it doesnt sound like it's happening to anyone else so idk im in dev mode and everything but its not working....HELP!!!!!PLZ... : )
  15. #175  
    Have not had a chance to run 2.5 yet, (Going out soon) but my Pre wasn't being recognized after I downloaded 2.5. Tried 2.3 and still "no device found" error.

    I corrected this error by uninstalling Novacom and then reinstalling Novacom (open Webosquickinstall > File > Options > reinstall novacom). Device found again by both versions. Just an FYI for those getting this error.

    Also, if I remember correctly from Jason, you must remove ALL 2.3 version tweaks (yes all) BEFORE installing ANY 2.5 version tweaks. Just another FYI for those that might be catching issues with 2.5.

    Hope to start testing 2.5 soon Jason! I'll get back on the forums soon after I start testing which should start tomorrow sometime for me (if not very late tonight depending on how my Saturday night ends up lol).

    Thanks again Jason, you rock bro!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  16. #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Yeah I didnt uninstall the boot logo in 2.0.3 because it is just .png's

    that is the only thing in 2.0.3 that I didnt uninstall.

    I do have the v/keyboard installed through preware, Not sure why the check box was there for the v/keyboard stuff. It was also light grey so I am unable to uncheck it.
    What I would do is uninstall the v/keyboard via preware, load up WebOSQuickInstall version 2.03 and uninstall the boot logo (even if it is just a .png file) and any other tweak that may show up, reboot the Pre, and then try WebOSQuickInstall 2.5 again. If you get it working, you can then re-install the v/keyboard.

    I know it's a lot to do but not sure what else to suggest.
  17. navinag's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    #177  
    I never had any mods on mt newly replaced pre and 2.5 does not work. I tried 2.03 and it work just fine..
  18. aliatgb's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #178  
    Everything works great except the hide nfl/nascar tweaks are not working. And yes I did disable all of 2.03 tweaks.
  19. #179  
    OK. I just changed my e-mail to landscape on 2.5, and its good. That's my input so far. For the record, I made sure there was nothing altered, themes, nothing, then downloaded 2.5. Reset. So far, so good. Im Vista 32, and 1.1 WebOS.
  20. #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    I get this error message when trying to change a tweek

    I think I removed two tweeks before reset was complete.

    All other tweeks were removed ok updated WebOS Quick Install and other tweeks were put back on ok.
    See Jason's post #80 in this thread.
    Last edited by Trekker; 09/19/2009 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Trying to fix link

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions