Page 88 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3878838485868788899091929398 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    So Jason by any chance ;-) were you working on a QI for webos 1.2?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texasjack View Post
    So Jason by any chance ;-) were you working on a QI for webos 1.2?
    Not to jump in right away, but I'm rather interested in this as well...
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Yeah because I love the features of the QI so I'm actually holding off on the new update. I was reading the new features on the update and they sound pretty cool but not to where I want to lose the tweaks
    I think Jason should just wait for the 1.3 webOs release. No sense in updating everything for 1.2 if it is just going to change again later anyhow.

Maybe by 1.3 he can take his battery life tweak out of beta testing (triples battery life). That and the 6 x 6 icons are my two favorite tweaks in the pipeline.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    I am patiently waiting.

curious, what one tweak do you guys most miss?

My answer: 4 x 4 icons. likely cause when i notice it everytime i look at the pre.

Note: this is a question out of curiosity about others not a complaint. Also I'm curious to see what others are using.
    you know you could have that now using webos quickinstall 2.03. It works for most...follow post 1476 for the .jar
    I have webos 1.2 and webOS quick installer 2.03. I was able to load applications and change to the mario theme. I did some tweaks: the brightness, downloading in web browser, add stylish analog clock theme and all worked except downloading in web browser. I didn't try otheres. If I take off the tweaks/mods and d/l this webos QI, can I take off the them and then add a different one?

I tried reading past post but damn! so many posts.

Hm. So I guess I'm stuck w/ my mario theme until a new QI comes out to work w/ 1.2 right?
    Last edited by marilynagram; 09/29/2009 at 07:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    I am patiently waiting.

curious, what one tweak do you guys most miss?

My answer: 4 x 4 icons. likely cause when i notice it everytime i look at the pre.

Note: this is a question out of curiosity about others not a complaint. Also I'm curious to see what others are using.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I'd say 4x4 icons, then date/time stamp in messaging, then character counter, then call duration in call log, and lastly, the one you don't see when activated, hide that dern redneck Nascar app

And PDF Viewer working in landscape.

Link to Precentral article with screenshot of the tweaks for those that forgot what all the tweaks were: http://www.precentral.net/webos-quic...ll-reaches-v25
    Those all still work! QI 2.03
    Okay. Forwarding messages work. Yeah definately 4X4 (It may because of it but when trying to swipe a page down to return to main screen didn't work. Had to click the launch button). Add/delete launcher page works. Reduce minimal brightness works. Download from browser doesn't work.

This is w/ webos 1.2 and QI 2.03. I kinda want to try to d/l the newest QI and take off old theme and add another one but I saw people said it would reinstall 1.2. Hm...
    I love this program... lets hope that Jason figures out the needed changes soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    you know you could have that now using webos quickinstall 2.03. It works for most...follow post 1476 for the .jar
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Those all still work! QI 2.03
    So I've read, but I'm going to wait for an official WebOS 1.2.0 compatible release.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I still have 2.03 installed on the computer but I think I'll just wait for the new version designed for 1.2.0. IDK, I just don't wanna go back to the previous version for some reason...

I might be alone
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by opendave View Post
    I think Jason should just wait for the 1.3 webOs release. No sense in updating everything for 1.2 if it is just going to change again later anyhow.

Maybe by 1.3 he can take his battery life tweak out of beta testing (triples battery life). That and the 6 x 6 icons are my two favorite tweaks in the pipeline.
    Please tell me you're being facetious. Have we heard anything about webOS 1.3? Is there even going to be a webOS 1.3? Could just go to webOS 2 after this.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I thought 2.03 supported theme changing?
    so i did everything right but when i go to like change the batery so it shows a percent this window that says

ERROR: unable to process patch to
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/comtrollers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs

then there a bunch of letters then pathcfailedexcption: inncorrect chunk: the position of the chunk > target size

then i press ok and it does the 45 sec restart thing and nothing!!
    please help!
    Anyway I try to get any tweaks on my device and Im using 1.2 and the updated WebOS Quick Install 2.6, I get an error

ERROR: Unable process patch to
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs

difflib.PatchFailedException: Incorrect Chunk: the chunk content doesnt match the target

I am in Developer Mode also? Also I tried WebOS Quick INstall 2.5
    Thanks for posting the information on 2.03 tweaks working
    Jimmie Geddes
    Anyone that chooses to continue to install tweaks and runs into issues, regardless of the quickinstall version, I can't help you. Jason has already stated that his WebOS QI is NOT compatible with 1.2. I know some have been able to get a portion of a version of it to work but I can't offer any support to an incompatible WebOS. Sorry guys, if you mess up your phone, maybe one of the other guys here can help. Please, no PM's. Thanks.

I don't want to sound rude and I've helped many in this thread and the original 3000 post thread but please help yourselves and have a little patience. I know, I know, these ginormous Pre 3x3 icons are ridiculous to me as well and I can't wait for the new version but I'll be patient and will continue to have my fully operational Pre w/o having to visit the WEbDr.

Jason, thanks again for all your hard work. You take the Pre to an entirely new, cool level!!!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinglion View Post
    Anyway I try to get any tweaks on my device and Im using 1.2 and the updated WebOS Quick Install 2.6, I get an error

ERROR: Unable process patch to
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs

difflib.PatchFailedException: Incorrect Chunk: the chunk content doesnt match the target

I am in Developer Mode also? Also I tried WebOS Quick INstall 2.5
    You can't use 2.6... You need to try 2.03
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Anyone that chooses to continue to install tweaks and runs into issues, regardless of the quickinstall version, I can't help you. Jason has already stated that his WebOS QI is NOT compatible with 1.2. I know some have been able to get a portion of a version of it to work but I can't offer any support to an incompatible WebOS. Sorry guys, if you mess up your phone, maybe one of the other guys here can help. Please, no PM's. Thanks.

I don't want to sound rude and I've helped many in this thread and the original 3000 post thread but please help yourselves and have a little patience. I know, I know, these ginormous Pre 3x3 icons are ridiculous to me as well and I can't wait for the new version but I'll be patient and will continue to have my fully operational Pre w/o having to visit the WEbDr.

Jason, thanks again for all your hard work. You take the Pre to an entirely new, cool level!!!
    Do you mean the WebOS QI after 2.03** is not compatible with WebOS 1.2?? In other words, you can STILL use WebOS 2.03 in WebOS 1.2?

I need to be sure.. because I was ready to update my pre with WebOS 1.2 but since there is no compatible WebOS QI for that I decided to stick with WebOs 1.1 for now. I love the tweaks as is though I'm not rushing.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Ok what is the battery improvement beta app 3 times longer wow!!!!!! Or is that part of webos 1.3