Page 84 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3474798081828384858687888994 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    I am god.
    Seriously everyone that keeps posting that tweaks do not work, start reading. Quick Install is not compatible with 1.2 yet, and will be soon. So be patient and stop trying to add tweaks. I repeat once more for everyone... QI is not compatible with WebOS 1.2. End of story
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
  3. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    wait for it......wait for it
    Quote Originally Posted by JRH View Post
    okay well maybe try to read the last 4-5 pages
    Hahaha, last PAGE.. last POST.. Just read ANYTHING. lol
    Hey Jason,

Can you write a quick tweak enabling LED notifications and then use THAT to let us know when Quick Install will work with webOS 1.2????? Just whip that out real quick for us, OK?

Oh and BTW, I haven't donated yet.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    ive also been trying to remove my tweaks before the update and my comp will not recognize my pre, ive been clicking "attempt re-install novacom" forever now and nothing even shows up, its like im clicking nothing.. if this is not going to work is there another way to install novacom? thanks and sorry if this has been answered before
  7.    #1667  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Maybe an admin can temp lock this thread? Its a joke when you got 5+ pages with ignorant people asking the same thing.
    ya just know it'd cause posts to further spill out to numberous other threads

Oh, I've updated the first post to refect it doesn't work with webos 1.2. Hopefully people might read that before posting
    Quote Originally Posted by zb289 View Post
    ive also been trying to remove my tweaks before the update and my comp will not recognize my pre, ive been clicking "attempt re-install novacom" forever now and nothing even shows up, its like im clicking nothing.. if this is not going to work is there another way to install novacom? thanks and sorry if this has been answered before
    I just used webos doctor, and brought it back to factory after backing up my files, then i dragged them back onto my pre, and now everything is back to where it should be, and i have 1.2
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wketchin View Post
    I just used webos doctor, and brought it back to factory after backing up my files, then i dragged them back onto my pre, and now everything is back to where it should be, and i have 1.2
    ya i would do that, but im thinking long run, i need to be able to have novacom installed so i can us wosqi for tweaks and preware and EVERYTHING that makes me as happy with my pre as i am now, (thank u Jason).. if i have to do that for now so i can update ill do it but i sitll need to be able to have novacom installed and working. also, will webos doctor recognize my pre if wosqi isnt??
    Quote Originally Posted by wketchin View Post
    I did the same thing... I installed preware again and it's not showing themes or apps. Everything is grayed out just letting me uninstall the apps I have already. Any ideas how to fix this?
    You weren't kidding, 10+ pages of people saying the same thing...geez. I have faith in Jason!! He has never let us down since he started this thing! YOU CAN DO IT MAN!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nolonyc View Post
    I did the same thing... I installed preware again and it's not showing themes or apps. Everything is grayed out just letting me uninstall the apps I have already. Any ideas how to fix this?
    have you installed the package mgr yet?
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Give the man (Jason) time too get it in works...!! Chill out people!
    yea package manager is installed and all the other webos internal ipk files. preware opens up just doesn't load things to be downloaded.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I didn't remove any tweaks and luckily it caused no problems when I updated to 1.2
    It removed quite a few hacks that webOS quickinstall does, but everything is completely functional. I wouldn't suggest anyone do that unless they walk into it like I did. Worse case scenario you have to run the Web Doctor.
    Hey there, I just did the update today and of course I was not able to use the tweaks anymore. I downloaded the older version of WebOS Installer and it works perfect!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett321 View Post
    Hey there, I just did the update today and of course I was not able to use the tweaks anymore. I downloaded the older version of WebOS Installer and it works perfect!!
    You got the tweaks to work with the old version of Webos quick install?
    ok so i updated the webos 1.2 but my tweaks didn't work? so I use the WebOS Quick Install v2.6 to try to fix it but I didn't know I should have use it on the webos 1.2, now some of my updates are gone. How do I get them back? Please Help!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthill View Post
    You got the tweaks to work with the old version of Webos quick install?
    it seems its possible with webos quickinstall 2.03, i was able to get the roam only and the add/delete launcher pages to work, and the launcher opacity, very interesting

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

always make backups of the files you mod, that or get accquainted with WebOs DR
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I tried a few of the tweaks... some of them did work. But one- the modified analog clock theme- installed, but when activated, the second hand didn't move. Still showed the right time and the minute/hour hands moved correctly.