Page 82 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3272777879808182838485868792 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Everything that isn't backed up by your Palm profile. Go into USB mode and backup your pictures, music, etc.
    Does that include my text msgs and stuff like that?
    Why don't you just wait until Jason actually makes WebOS Quick Install WebOS 1.2 compatible? I would not be applying patches until then as you could cause yourself all kinds of problems when it is out.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Why don't you just wait until Jason actually makes WebOS Quick Install WebOS 1.2 compatible? I would not be applying patches until then as you could cause yourself all kinds of problems when it is out.
    I already made that mistake. I'm trying to get my App Launcher back.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaMayShun View Post
    Does that include my text msgs and stuff like that?
    Yes. Your phone will be like when you first bought it. Only thing you will have is your phonebook and any apps installed through the app catalog.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgreekd View Post
    I get the same message with most of the tweeks ever since I switched from Quick Install 2.03 to 2.5. A couple of the tweeks still work (remove Nascar & Call Durration); but the rest don't. I just tried 2.6 amd still no luck. I can't seem to find 2.03 to go back now :-(. Aside from waiting it out, any suggestions? (Perhaps where I can find Quick Install 2.03)

Thank you.
    2.03 is in the thread official webOS 1.2.0 discussion. Post #805 which is page 41 for me. I can't post any URLs yet. Not enough posts.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Found this post by Jason on the other thread. pretty much sit & wait or use 2.03 like i said. haha.

(sorry about the spaces in the url links, but I don't have enough posts yet to be allowed to post links)

http: // forums.precentral.net / homebrew-apps / 203951-webos-quick-install-contd-77.html#post1929620

09/29/2009, 07:00 AM #1522 (permalink)
    Jason Robitaille

Thanked 2,134 Times in 218 Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a heads up t everyone, expect the 1.2 update in a few days. WebOS-Internals has made up the own patching format, which they plan on launching through Preware. To avoid compatibility issues, I'm changing my Tweaks panel, converting the patches into ipks. In addition an issue has come up in regards to theming, so I'm haing to work through some things in that department as well.

So yea, Friday, at the latest, there'll be a 1.2 compatible version out. Sorry to disappoint, this extra time is a necessary evil. Until then, v2.03 may work for some tweaks and is still available at http: // canuck-software.ca / wosqi.html
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by walchok98 View Post
    I can't find a link to download 2.03.. Can someone point me in that direction?
    To Find Quick Install 2.03 Read post #1522 by Jason on this thread
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I also posted 2.03 here for anyone that wants to download it:

WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    About once every page we need to post these:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Just a heads up t everyone, expect the 1.2 update in a few days. WebOS-Internals has made up the own patching format, which they plan on launching through Preware. To avoid compatibility issues, I'm changing my Tweaks panel, converting the patches into ipks. In addition an issue has come up in regards to theming, so I'm haing to work through some things in that department as well.

So yea, Friday, at the latest, there'll be a 1.2 compatible version out. Sorry to disappoint, this extra time is a necessary evil. Until then, v2.03 may work for some tweaks and is still available at Canuck Software
    By the way, in case you missed it, this is my Twitter page. I update it on a pretty regular basis, and tend to include messages about updates and various other software-related announcements.
    - Craig
  10. NaS
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=swagner;1929542]I am trying to reinstall 2.03 Quick Installer and I keep getting this error-- anyone else?[/QUO

2.3 does work! make sure you use the same quick install to remove old tweaks! then use 2.3 are you tryin to download webosdr?
    So does 2.6 work with webos 1.20? Can I now use the tweaks again? sorry somehow missed a few of the previous posts.
    Last edited by kilkennym27; 09/29/2009 at 10:27 AM. Reason: missed
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kilkennym27 View Post
    So does 2.6 work with webos 1.20? Can I now use the tweaks again?
    Do NOT tweak a 1.2 Pre with WOSQI 2.6.

Look up a few posts, it's reported that 2.03 will work with applying SOME tweaks...

HTH,

-JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    After installing 2.03, the "down" gesture to close the launcher works again!! Does this have anything to do with quickinstall or did I mess with something else that "unfixed" 1.2's update here?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaMayShun View Post
    I already made that mistake. I'm trying to get my App Launcher back.
    If anyone figures out how to do this, I would love to know. I am in the same boat.

Interestingly enough, if I go to Device Management in WebOSQuickInstall, I can still see the entire list of (supposedly) installed apps. I just can't launch them... or enter developer mode.
    Just donated, Jason. Thanks a ton! I did a few tweaks by hand, and I'm completely familiar with Linux, but not having to do that and being able to just remove them again so easily is awesome.
    Any eta on when we will have an updated webosquick installer for 1.2?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by swgdan View Post
    From JayCanuck Twitter Account and updated 10 minutes ago:

Expect WebOS 1.2-compatible update to WebOSQuickInstall by the Friday at the latest
    downloading right now !!!!!! thank u

So yea, Friday, at the latest, there'll be a 1.2 compatible version out. Sorry to disappoint, this extra time is a necessary evil. Until then, v2.03 may work for some tweaks and is still available at Canuck Software
    Jason you don't disappoint take your time is worth it.

Wow I can't believe that some people can't read back less than 6 posts! amazing! We should keep this quote in all of our replies. Even Then, I bet people ask when it is going to be updated... lmao!
    Last edited by JustaFone; 09/29/2009 at 11:34 AM.