Page 8 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858108 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Robdmau View Post
    well thats sucks, I got rid of 2.3 and no can't undo anything....
    Post #26 on page 2 of this thread has 2.03 in it.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    check out page two, someone uploaded it.
    Mac OS 10.5.8, Java SE 6 64-bit, WebOS 1.1 - same problems as everyone else...
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    OSX Snow Leopard, working near flawlessly. Hide NFL/Nascar doesn't seem to work, but every other tweak worked.
    You can still download 2.03 here...for the moment.

Also, what I do is save copies of older versions on my PC just in case I need them.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I am having a large amount of success with 2.5
    I'm running Vista and webos 1.1

Issues:

Hide Nascar tweak isn't working (Boo!)
    Analog clock is oddly transparent, like it is an overlay of another clock, yet the stylish analog clock works fine

Tweaks working fine

4x4 in launcher
    Month view default (Nice!)
    call duration
    time stamp
    character counter (very nice!)
    Dilaer background switch
    Squarify screen
    Battery %
    On screen keyboard

I'm pretty psyched, and will donate $$
    Thanks Jason
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    For everyone having freezing issues (or any issue in general) - it would help to post what Operating System you are using and if you are using version 1.1 or 1.2 on your Pre (I'm assuming most have 1.1.)

Also, are you installing the tweaks one at a time and allowing the phone GUI to restart before applying the next tweak?
    Mac OS 10.6.1

WebOS 1.1

WebOS QuickInstall freezes immediately after checking the box for one of the tweaks.
    ...When I was uninstalling my old tweaks, I did not do this one at a time. I unchecked all 5 or 6 tweaks at once. Would that cause the freezing when trying to install tweaks with the new version?
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Would love to see a tweak that CANCELS the "send" command when I hit "Enter" in SMS... it drives me nuts when I hit it by accident!!!!

Thanks. AWESOME work thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRZ View Post
    DevMode ?
    Mine does the same as his and I have DevMode on.
    DevMode ?

im in dev mode...still nada
    Quote Originally Posted by pahick View Post
    check out page two, someone uploaded it.
    That was me! Post #26

You can still download 2.03 here...for the moment.

Also, what I do is save copies of older versions on my PC just in case I need them.
    I dont Delete anything
    DevMode ?
    Mine lives in dev mode
    I definately had removed all the tweaks -- that I know for sure.

So far:

got the battery icon & percentage back up in the corner.
    can add launcher pages again
    back to 4 x 4 icons
    silenced the keyboard
    squarified the corners

but can't do nascar or nfl (sorta flashes on me, does turn off the phone, but the icons remain -- and yes, i did it one at a time)
    can't add the clock (won't even let me x it)
    won't let me x the set month as default (what is that anyway -- )

Nothing in the messaging mods area works actually

So I'm happy getting back the tweaks I had before -- but really had high hopes to have more by this time tonight.

Oh well,

I've never tried opacity or whatever that is -- what does that do?
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    could this have anything to do with not downloading the WebDoctor when the program asks you to? I already had webdoctor from the last install of 2.03 so it didn't ask me, but maybe it needs to re/dl it? Just a thought...
    Uninstalled ALL tweaks/patches with old version 2.03 ONE AT A TIME. Also removed extra launcher pages. Installed new version 2.5 and program just hangs when check marking tweaks, When trying to install keyboard I get an error.

I Have Windows XP Pro SP3, PalmOS 1.1 and I am trying to install one tweak at a time and let restart. Pre goes black but does not restart. WebOSQuick Install mostly grays out less a few tweaks that don't for some reason and freezes. And yes in DevMode. I also restarted the Pre.
    Last edited by pjjohn73; 09/19/2009 at 10:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nmcbryant View Post
    ...When I was uninstalling my old tweaks, I did not do this one at a time. I unchecked all 5 or 6 tweaks at once. Would that cause the freezing when trying to install tweaks with the new version?
    I'm not sure, but when I uninstalled mine, I unchecked them one at a time. I also moved all my apps back to just 3 pages and then deleted the extra launcher page that I created before I uninstalled that particular tweak.

For those having freezing problems, has anyone tried restarting their Pre? I know it restarts when you put in Dev mode but it wouldn't hurt to try again.

Also, maybe re-download the WebOSQuickInstall.jar and give it another shot?
    Question: I think I want to wipe my phone and start from scratch to make sure I'm not porting over any issues that might exist on my phone and I want to do this before the new OS come out on the 24th.

I just checked and Device Info states that I have Palm OS 1.1.0 Sprint Config 1.7.

I have not yet downloaded the new WebOS Quick Install which I think is at 2.5

I just check and I have version 2.03 of WebOS Quick Install and under options it states that if I hit the Panic Button I will restore the device back to WebOS 1.03 (I am assuming that means Palm OS 1.03).

Then if I do hit the Panic Button, it will restore back to 1.03 and then Sprint/Palm will upgrade me to 1.1.0. Then on the 24th I will go to 1.2.0.

Do I have this correct and understand this?

So if I want to start from scratch, I just hit the Panic Button now from what I have and have stated?

Thanks for the help!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by Feud View Post
    Using WebOS 1.1, system OS is Windows 7 RC. Most tweaks gray-out, message says "Please wait" and eventually need to kill from the Task Manager.
    Oh yes I should add that I'm in dev mode as well!

Despite this, I really appreciate the work that's gone into it. I'll be donating!
    When we update from old WebOS quick install, do we just erase old version then download and run new file for WebOS quick install. Or is it as simple as just downloading and and it installs itself over the old WebOS quick install?
    For everyone having freezing issues (or any issue in general) - it would help to post what Operating System you are using and if you are using version 1.1 or 1.2 on your Pre (I'm assuming most have 1.1.)

Also, are you installing the tweaks one at a time and allowing the phone GUI to restart before applying the next tweak?
    I'm running XP...webOS 1.1...and can't get one tweak to work before attempting another. After I select the first tweak (doesn't matter which one), everything grays out and no response.
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Win 7 rc nothing happens just greys out most tweaks and says please wait 1.1

5 mins and counting I am killing it now w/ taskmgr