Page 79 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2969747576777879808182838489129 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmzero View Post
    patiently waiting............................
    Yup me too
    2.6, 2.53, 2.05 didn't work...finally hit it right with 2.03...WEIRD!!!
    I'll patiently wait for Jason's fine work to get back the web agent, 4x4 icons, % battery, landscape modes, character counts, etc.

Thanks Jason!
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    I'll patiently wait for Jason's fine work to get back the web agent, 4x4 icons, % battery, landscape modes, character counts, etc.

Thanks Jason!
    If you're really impatient like I am (and hey, the first time I did any mods was way before Quick Install was released anyway so I'm used to it ), you could always do it manually:

Portal:Patches to webOS - WebOS Internals

I've updated it with all the patches that I've used that are working in 1.2.
    Having to give up easy tweaks/hacks for upgraded 1.2 = fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    If you're really impatient like I am (and hey, the first time I did any mods was way before Quick Install was released anyway so I'm used to it ), you could always do it manually:

Portal:Patches to webOS - WebOS Internals

I've updated it with all the patches that I've used that are working in 1.2.
    Very true.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Ril View Post
    Having to give up easy tweaks/hacks for upgraded 1.2 = fail.
    Actually you don't have to give up the hacks. You can either root your Pre and apply the patches the old way or continue to use QuickInstall 2.03 until Jason perfects the tweaks. I have both 2.03 and 2.53 downloaded. I re-did the tweaks with 2.03 and I have a beautiful Pre.

All of the benefits of a rooted Pre with none of the issues for uninstalling. Check box, uncheck box. How easy is that? Jason you Rock!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Actually you don't have to give up the hacks. You can either root your Pre and apply the patches the old way or continue to use QuickInstall 2.03 until Jason perfects the tweaks. I have both 2.03 and 2.53 downloaded. I re-did the tweaks with 2.03 and I have a beautiful Pre.

All of the benefits of a rooted Pre with none of the issues for uninstalling. Check box, uncheck box. How easy is that? Jason you Rock!!!

Also if you have terminal installed on your Pre, you don't even have to use a computer to gain linux access. Just access quilt from the terminal on the Pre and apply the patches....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Lets do it, Mods w/ 1.2!
    ok so i updated the webos 1.2 but my tweaks didn't work? so I use the WebOS Quick Install v2.6 to try to fix it but I didn't know I should have use it on the webos 1.2, now some of my updates are gone. How do I get them back? Please Help!!!!
  11.    #1571  
    Just a heads up t everyone, expect the 1.2 update in a few days. WebOS-Internals has made up the own patching format, which they plan on launching through Preware. To avoid compatibility issues, I'm changing my Tweaks panel, converting the patches into ipks. In addition an issue has come up in regards to theming, so I'm haing to work through some things in that department as well.

So yea, Friday, at the latest, there'll be a 1.2 compatible version out. Sorry to disappoint, this extra time is a necessary evil. Until then, v2.03 may work for some tweaks and is still available at http://canuck-software.ca/wosqi.html
    thanks a mil Jason, keep up the great work.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    so tried tweaking with 2.6 and no dice. used 2.03 and these tweaks work for me:
    4x4 icons
    reduce min brightness
    email in landscape
    call duration in log
    squarify the screen
    battery %

warning: messaging app tweaks will break the app (fortunately, just unchecking the tweak resolves it)
    Can you specify what actually " breaks" in the app???
    Just a reminder, Jason is a university student who is developing all these fantastic apps in his spare time. If you haven't already donated, please take a minute to make a contribution. We wouldn't want him to have to get a part-time job that would take time from his app development! Just press the yellow donate button:

Web OS Quick Install (con't)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaFone View Post
    Here are a couple things I would like to see with the updated QI:
    Incomming call State ID patch
    LED Notification patch

anyone else with a wish list for features/tweaks/patches in the QI update? I bet Jason listens better than Palm
    +1 (LED Notification Patch)!!!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Can anyone say if iPhone Spoofing Agent works as part of QI and 1.2 update...?
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    I am trying to reinstall 2.03 Quick Installer and I keep getting this error-- anyone else?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    The tweaks are more useful than the update. Kind of sad.
    it works using 2.03
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    great, i'm waiting until the 1.2 compatible is out! Great work!!! I mainly care about Roam option to continue working for right now as far as tweaks go, but i don't know command line..so I gotta wait. Which is cool!