Page 77 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2767727374757677787980818287127 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #1521  
    Quote Originally Posted by craigf View Post
    Tried it...on mine, after 1.2 update, enabling 4x4 icons results in an interesting effect: hitting the launcher button brings up the Universal Search page only (buttons for Google, Google Maps, etc.), but no app icons anywhere.

    Anxiously awaiting a new QI. :-)
    Did you previously have tweaks using other versions than 2.03? I hate to say this, but those of you who are still having lots of errors may want to DR. using the 1.2 DR(of course) to start with a clean slate. These errors will more than likely continue even after the upgraded Quick Install comes. I did it, and i have gotten no errors at all. Its worth it to not have all the hassles. Just my opinion. Good Luck.
  2. #1522  
    Glad to know that I am not the only one who is getting errors when I try to turn on the tweaks. I am hoping Jason is able to fix this as I miss them already.
  3. craigf's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    #1523  
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Did you previously have tweaks using other versions than 2.03? I hate to say this, but those of you who are still having lots of errors may want to DR. using the 1.2 DR(of course) to start with a clean slate. These errors will more than likely continue even after the upgraded Quick Install comes. I did it, and i have gotten no errors at all. Its worth it to not have all the hassles. Just my opinion. Good Luck.
    Thanks. Tweaks were made with possibly two different versions...not sure...the jar files uploaded here weren't labeled with a version number (a good idea, BTW), and I didn't rename them until I grabbed fresh copies just now. Just tried undoing all tweaks using 2.03 and enabling 4x4 icons in 2.6 and no dice...still w/o a launcher.
  4. #1524  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmzero View Post
    im going back to 1.1.0 and going to add all the tweaks from webosQuickInstall2.5 and THEN i will update to 1.2.0 and check for side effects. has any one done this? i was going to do that initially but my exitement for for the palm update got the best of me.
    I tried to Dr. my Pre from the leaked 1.2 back to 1.1 yesterday to avoid problems with the update, however, it didnt work. My Pre was stuck on "Palm" for over an hour and I had to take out the battery to get it to work again. Then today, i used the 1.2 Dr. with all my tweaks, patches, and theme and it worked perfectly. I dont know if this helps at all, but i would not recommend going backward with the DR. I seriously doubt any of the tweaks will follow you when you update, more than likely you'll run into lots of problems.
  5. #1525  
    Quote Originally Posted by craigf View Post
    Thanks. Tweaks were made with possibly two different versions...not sure...the jar files uploaded here weren't labeled with a version number (a good idea, BTW), and I didn't rename them until I grabbed fresh copies just now. Just tried undoing all tweaks using 2.03 and enabling 4x4 icons in 2.6 and no dice...still w/o a launcher.
    Both .jar files i uploaded as an attachment have version numbers...Also if you want tweaks now, use the v2.03. It seems that is the only version that is allowing for tweaks. Hope this helps.
  6. #1526  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmzero View Post
    im going back to 1.1.0 and going to add all the tweaks from webosQuickInstall2.5 and THEN i will update to 1.2.0 and check for side effects. has any one done this? i was going to do that initially but my exitement for for the palm update got the best of me.
    Tweaks will not be there after the 1.2 install. I installed 1.2 without removing any of my tweaks and they were all wiped out.
  7. #1527  
    Quote Originally Posted by craigf View Post
    Tried it...on mine, after 1.2 update, enabling 4x4 icons results in an interesting effect: hitting the launcher button brings up the Universal Search page only (buttons for Google, Google Maps, etc.), but no app icons anywhere.

    Anxiously awaiting a new QI. :-)

    EDIT: And now it seems I can't undo this, so I'm futzing around trying to get my launcher back. Yikes, folks...be careful with 1.2...wait for Jason to get us new utilities.
    haha damnit i got the same problem..have you solved the problem yet, i tried using 2.6 but that didnt work..lemmi know if you come up w anything
  8. #1528  
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermayhm069 View Post
    haha damnit i got the same problem..have you solved the problem yet, i tried using 2.6 but that didnt work..lemmi know if you come up w anything
    I'm having the same issue. Now my PC won't recognize the pre at all. Either as a USB device or w/ the quick installer... I wanted to get the stuff off my pre before I Dr it, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to
  9. #1529  
    so tried tweaking with 2.6 and no dice. used 2.03 and these tweaks work for me:
    4x4 icons
    reduce min brightness
    email in landscape
    call duration in log
    squarify the screen
    battery %

    warning: messaging app tweaks will break the app (fortunately, just unchecking the tweak resolves it)
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  10. #1530  
    im doin some testing w this to see if it can be corrected w/o dr gimmi 20 min to see if i can come up w anything
  11. #1531  
    Quote Originally Posted by Inherent Vice View Post
    Tweaks will not be there after the 1.2 install. I installed 1.2 without removing any of my tweaks and they were all wiped out.
    thanks for da heads up
  12. #1532  
    After updating I see some things are a little faster but for the most part I feel like I've downgraded without all the goods I had before 1.2. I'll just wait for a new quik install.
  13. #1533  
    when my pre is'nt recognized i somtimes have to stop/start the "palm novacom ...." service.
    ZiplokeR, aka.... amsterdamAL
  14. #1534  
    Yeah I just restarted the PC and that seemed to work. Copying all pics/music atm....
  15. dmbpettit's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #1535  
    I just upgraded to 1.2 and I am having some issue with Quick Install. I can install apps with it no problem, but when I try to apply a tweak, the program just freezes? Any ideas?
  16. #1536  
    read the last few pages of this thread
  17. #1537  
    Don't people read the thread before posting? I hope Jason is ignoring the thread.
  18. #1538  
    Just upgraded to Web OS 1.2 after unchecking all of my 2.5 tweaks. Per advice of you all I used 2.03 and was able to turn on the tweaks:
    - 4 X 4
    - battery % plus icon
    - squarify screen
    - hide NASCAR (it works!)
    - change dialer background
    - message forwarding (had to try twice; first time it froze up messaging)

    Looking forward to the vk and email tweaks that 2.53 offers....
  19. #1539  
    Just upgraded to Web OS 1.2 after unchecking all of my 2.5 tweaks. Per advice of you all I used 2.03 and was able to turn on the tweaks:
    - 4 X 4
    - battery % plus icon
    - squarify screen
    - hide NASCAR (it works!)
    - change dialer background
    - message forwarding (had to try twice; first time it froze up messaging)

    Looking forward to the vk and email tweaks that 2.53 offers....
  20. omi205's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #1540  
    I have gotten everything to work with the webOS quick install except for a couple of things, its the tweaks. I dont know if its the version that i have which is 2.6 or what but some tweaks work and some give me errors. for example when i wanted to remove the nascar app it worked perfect. but then i wanted to put my battery on % and i got an error window, the palm still did its little refresh thing but nothing took affect. The same thing happend when i tried to add the forward message tweak. if someone could help me out here that would be great, thanks for your time.....

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions