Page 75 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2565707172737475767778798085125 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhand View Post
    Here, i just uploaded 2.03 for download

WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    Thanks a bunch!! Still can't wait till 2.6 is updated. I am missing so much! Thank Goodness for tweaks....the update was cool, but you see how much it's missing with the tweaks we have available from all of the devs.

Question if anyone knows.....is there a tweak to add the video app in 2.6?
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    you know what's funny though is i'm more a fan of the "tweaks" then the 1.2.0 other then the addition of copy and paste.
    SO true! +1 on that!!
    wait for an update. I believe WebOS QI is only compatible with v1.1 right. Jason will give us the thumbsup once he has tested everything out for v1.2
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diruak View Post
    I tried to use the quick install 2.03 with the new update and it's still saying "no device found"
    are you sure your in dev mode?
    Here are a couple things I would like to see with the updated QI:
    Incomming call State ID patch
    LED Notification patch

anyone else with a wish list for features/tweaks/patches in the QI update? I bet Jason listens better than Palm
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mainevent3405 View Post
    Question if anyone knows.....is there a tweak to add the video app in 2.6?
    From what I understand the video app doesn't have a GUI yet, so its pretty much run from command line. Should be available soon though, I'm sure plenty of great devs are working on it...
    Quote Originally Posted by mkv_wolf View Post
    ::facepalm:: you guys are idiots. WebOS Quick Install only works for WebOS v1.1
    No reason for name calling. I was receiving this error before 1.2 also. Since you must know a lot, can you help out?
    Quote Originally Posted by pahick View Post
    are you sure your in dev mode?
    yes, that was the first thing I checked, I keep getting "no device found" error
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    No reason for name calling. I was receiving this error before 1.2 also. Since you must know a lot, can you help out?
    nope, but i'll wait till jason gives the thumbsup for WebOS QI to work with v1.2, i'm sure it won't be long.
    i'm personally doing nothing. but people should consider that if you install a tweak with an old version you may need to uninstall it with that one like you did when the Quick Install went to version 2.5.
    A little hostile, don't you think?
    i had the same problem but it was fixed when i switched to quick install v 2.52

2.52 did the trick

there is now a 2.6 out and i think it might work for 1.2
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    I'm having the same issue under Windows 7. I even reinstalled the novacom driver. WebOS QI still won't detect my Pre.
    Me too.
    I just want to say THANKS so much to Jason. His tweeks are obviously better then Palms updates. Can't wait until he gets everything updated. And he doesn't even have a PRE.....
    so umm, the patches that i want dont work for me, haha i keep getting these error message.

ERROR: unable to process patch to
    /usr/lib/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    difflib.patchfailedexception: incorrect chunk: the chunk content doesnt match the target.

and would you be able to send me an older version of the webos quickinstaller?
    Ok I have a serious problem... I accidently ran WebOs RepairUtility after I had installed 1.2. I accidently restored a few folders and my fun is F***ed. I went to WebOsDoctor and it isn't reading the device... what do I do?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    ok im trying to remove all my tweaks so i can install the new update and webos quick install isnt recognizing my phone. please help i dont know what to do. i made sure im in developer mode and tried resetting several times but i get nothing
    Some tweaks in 2.03 work, but not all.
    Works
    Style Mods and Themes work!!!
    launcher pages
    4X4 icons
    Analog Clock
    Hide Nascar and NFL
    Dial Pad Silence to vibrate
    Battery icon
    Others may work, but thats all I have done

Messaging tweaks are apparently working for some too!!!. Forwarding, landscape, avatar, etc

I hope this helps and
    I have attached Web OS Quick Install 2.03
    Just remember your using this at your own risk, and when there is a new updated Quick Install you have to uninstall all the tweaks using v203.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by holley2583; 09/28/2009 at 10:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by djprelude View Post
    ok im trying to remove all my tweaks so i can install the new update and webos quick install isnt recognizing my phone. please help i dont know what to do. i made sure im in developer mode and tried resetting several times but i get nothing
    Try reinstalling Novacom, if that doesnt work then go ahead and upgrade. I and several others have upgraded while leaving all tweaks, patches and themes when upgrading. You should be fine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_FTW View Post
    Ok I have a serious problem... I accidently ran WebOs RepairUtility after I had installed 1.2. I accidently restored a few folders and my fun is F***ed. I went to WebOsDoctor and it isn't reading the device... what do I do?
    Are you using the 1.2 Doctor and it's not recognizing your phone? What OS do you use on your PC?