Page 70 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2060656667686970717273747580120 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    Guys, give these guys time. They have to come out with a new version of WebOS Doctor for 1.2, and new versions of the quick installer and repair tools... webOs1.2 has been out for what, 2 hrs?

Give them time.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    OK so is the 2.6 quickinstall working on the 1.2??
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smkcpa View Post
    Uninstall ALL tweaks AND If you need to, run your WebOs Repair BEFORE you upgrade to WebOs 1.2.

Then sit back and wait for Jason to release his new 1.2 compatible version of Quick Install and WebOs Repair.

DO NOT USE EITHER OF THESE UTILITIES ONCE YOU UPDATE TO WebOs 1.2 from Palm!!!!!
    Thanks for the advice. Apparently QuickInstall isn't compatible with the WebOS 1.2. I've got some major issues after installing WebOS 1.2 and then going into QuickInstall and checking the "disable all mods" box. Namely, my launch icon launches only the universal search instead of the programs launch. Resetting the phone does nothing. And typing to bring up the universal search also does not work. So, in my eagerness to update WebOS and reinstall tweaks I've rendered my Pre, practically speaking, unusable. Since I can't access the program launcher and only the programs on my launch wave are accessible.

Thanks for the advise. Let me second your advice... WAIT FOR THE QUICKINSTALL UPDATE (not 2.6) BEFORE ADDING ANY TWEAKS!

Now off to use WebOS Doctor again and start from scratch.

(And in case anyone wonders... Yes, I did undo ALL tweaks and mods prior to installing WebOS 1.2. As instructed over and over, I used the QuickInstall tweak app to take off all mods prior to doing the OS update. The phone ran fine after installing WebOS 1.2. So the problem seems to be with WebOS 1.2 and QuickInstall 2.6 starting with a "clean" Pre.)
    Last edited by mjrei; 09/28/2009 at 05:04 PM.
    Sweet can't wait for Jason to upgrade. This guy is AWESOME!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrei View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Apparently QuickInstall isn't compatible with the WebOS 1.2. I've got some major issues after installing WebOS 1.2 and then going into QuickInstall and checking the "disable all mods" box. Namely, my launch icon launches only the universal search instead of the programs launch. Resetting the phone does nothing. And typing to bring up the universal search also does not work. So, in my eagerness to update WebOS and reinstall tweaks I've rendered my Pre, practically speaking, unusable. Since I can't access the program launcher and only the programs on my launch wave are accessible.

Thanks for the advise. Let me second your advice... WAIT FOR THE QUICKINSTALL UPDATE (not 2.6) BEFORE ADDING ANY TWEAKS!

Now off to use WebOS Doctor again and start from scratch.

(And in case anyone wonders... Yes, I did undo ALL tweaks and mods prior to installing WebOS 1.2. As instructed over and over, I used the QuickInstall tweak app to take off all mods prior to doing the OS update. The phone ran fine after installing WebOS 1.2. So the problem seems to be with WebOS 1.2 and QuickInstall 2.6 starting with a "clean" Pre.)

You need to disable your mods before you upgrade to 1.2
    Just so there is no confusion: The New Palm update that was released today: Palm WebOS 1.2 is NOT compatible with any of the WebOS Quick Install versions (no, not 2.6 either).

Please remove ALL tweaks (yes all tweaks, even images, etc) prior to upgrading to Palm's 1.2 update and have patience while compatibility efforts are made from Jason and the other devs to have WebOS Quick Install work with Palm's new 1.2 update.

Thanks again Jason for your great work.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Sorry if this question has been addressed already. I’m having a problem removing the tweaks off of my pre. I believe I applied the tweaks when the first time it was introduced with WebOS Quick install. Currently I have version 2.6. I tired the disable all mods and restore button but still no luck. Can anyone please direct me to the right location where i can get a older version of WebOS Quick Install. Your help is greatly appreciated.
    I didn't remove any tweaks because I like to live on the edge. The installation of 1.2 removed them all for me. Now anxiously awaiting a new webOS Quick Install.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I did not remove my theme, or any of my patches before doing the 1.2 update. Everything for the most part was cleaned up and works fine after the 1.2 upgrade. The wallpaper from the theme is the only thing that stuck around. My launcher pages I added are there, but of course the add / remove pages option is gone for now.

Seeing as how all of my patches were old school, it will be nice actually getting to use a utility this time to install them. Waiting patiently
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    WebOS Quick Install v2.6

This program is intended for use with WebOS applications that are in-testing, which under section 4.2 of the Palm SDK License Agreement allows for such unapproved applications to be installed on Palm devices. Applications installed with WebOS Quick Install have not be tested by Palm and are installed at your own risk.

This program is freeware, but not opensource. Feel free to share it with other testing forums.

I can be contacted at support@canuck-software.ca
    If you contact me, or post in this thread to contact me, you must also include the following information:
    - Device: are you using a Palm Pre or the emulator
    - Operating System (include 32bit or 64bit)
    - Have you followed my troubleshooting guide completely
    I will be ignore emails/posts that don't follow that format.

Donations are appreciated as I'm just one person developing this app during my spare time.

Enjoy! :-)

NOTE: Remove all Tweaks before upgrading from 2.03 to 2.5

Installation and Usage Guide.

Troubleshooting Guide

Tweaks Guide (slightly out of date, I'll update soon)

Requirements
    • WebOSDoctor recovery rom
      • Do not run WebOSDoctor, or you may inadvertently erase your device to WebOS 1.03 factory settings
      • If you want to download it on your own, Sprint download here, Bell download here (use either if you're just using emulator) and copy that .jar file to the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar

• Java 1.6
      • For Mac OS X, once you've installed Java 1.6, run /Application/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences. Then click and drag Jave SE 6 to top of both list, and exit the program. This will set Java 1.6 as the default version to use.

• Novacom
      • You can manually install Novacom by going in WebOSQuickInstall and in the menu File->Options, then press the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button.
      • If you have issues and you're on Windows, try following these instructions (even if you aren't on Windows 7).
      • For Linux, try downloading the Novacom file here.

• DevMode enabled
      • This can be done by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature.

Lastly, when you plug in the device, if you want to use WebOS Quick Install, choose the "Just Charge" option on the device.

Running WebOS Quick Install
    • Simply double-click WebOSQuickInstall.jar and (as long as Java is installed properly) it will launch

Features
    • Stylish easy-to-use GUI.
    • Cross-platform support (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux).
    • Supports postinst and prerm scripts.
    • Tweaks panel for OS customization on a deeper level.
    • Full device theming support
    • Supports standard ipkg feeds.
    • No Linux knowledge required.
    • No root access required.
    • Support for multiple ipk file transfers.
    • Add files via filechooser popup or by dragging and dropping files onto the transfer queue window.
    • Works with both USB-connected WebOS devices and the WebOS emulator.
    • Full device information section with management of user-installed applications.
    • Send and receive files to and from a WebOS device.
    • Quick-access link to the PreCentral homebrew forums.
    • Handy usage panel that explains the earlier-mentioned requirements.

Screenshots

ChangeLog
    v2.6 - September 28, 09
    - Fixed "Download in browser" tweak
    - Fixed "Spoof iPhone user agent" tweak
    - Various other bugfixes

v2.53 - September 23, 09
    - Fixed a minor bug in the "Download in browser" tweak
    -Misc other minor bugfixes

v2.52 - September 21, 09
    - Fixed an issue with sending/receive files, which in turn caused various other errors like "truncated archive", "invalid magic", and others

v2.51 - September 20, 09
    - More detailed error reporting app-wide
    - Fixed Nascar/NFL hiding tweaks
    - Fixed iPhone user agent spoof tweak
    - Fixed virtual keyboard-related freezing issue

v2.5 - September 19, 09
    - Completely redone patcher code
    ---Supports standard .patch files
    ---Extra layer of file safety
    ---More accurate patching
    - Full theming support
    - Added/updated many system mods
    - Added "Messaging Mods" section
    - Added virtual keyboard config settings

v2.03 and below
    -See the original thread for that changelog

Special thanks to the beta testers who helped along the development road the past few weeks. Especially thanks to Dieter of PreCentral, Philip of PreThinking, Ken of WebOSHelp.net, Rod of WebOS-Internals, D94, David Wales and especially Madolen (for all his work with theming). This app wouldn't be what it is without you guys
    I am getting this error message when trying to install the tweaks.

Error: unable process patch to /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs

difflib.PatchFailedException: Incorrect Chunk: the position of chunk > target size

What's that mean??
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Just so there is no confusion: The New Palm update that was released today: Palm WebOS 1.2 is NOT compatible with any of the WebOS Quick Install versions (no, not 2.6 either).

Please remove ALL tweaks (yes all tweaks, even images, etc) prior to upgrading to Palm's 1.2 update and have patience while compatibility efforts are made from Jason and the other devs to have WebOS Quick Install work with Palm's new 1.2 update.

I have not updated my Phone yet, but you may want to put a link on the first Post

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...all-contd.html

mentioning the compatability issue, then remove the comment when it's fixed if needed. That way, no one is looking through post after post to get the anwswer. I happend to look at the last page of post's and found your reply.

BTW.. Jason and all the Dev Team. Keep up the GREAT Work!!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Having a bit of an issue with the themer (figured id put everything back to normal before updating). I hit Revert to default and it immediately says its done theming. Phone then reboots, and nothings changed. Now the Revert to default is grayed out. Id really like to not have to Wipe my pre with webOS doctor. Please a little help?

Edit: after restarting my pre after the unsuccessful revert to default, WebOS quick install and WebOS doctor do NOT see my pre.
    Last edited by xm1337; 09/28/2009 at 05:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    omg, these ginormous icons are ridiculous.
    Very strange, my 1.2 said it installed and then I removed my Dallas Cowboys theme with preware then reinstalled it with preware, and now my 1.2 just downloaded again and it now installing again...this happened to anybody else?
    I'm sure Jason will let all know when ready. Also you can check this thread for other ready updates List of MAJOR 1.2.0 programs that work.
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    omg, these ginormous icons are ridiculous.
    hahah thats exactly what i said
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermayhm069 View Post
    Ditto.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermayhm069 View Post
    While it's true that my eyesight is starting to fail ... I don't know what you guys are talking about. Where are you seeing ginormous icons?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post

I have done the update and alot of my tweaks are working fine in WebOS quick install I am using using the version before the last because I could never get the last one to work.
  20. NaS
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    for the people who dont want to wait most of tweaks work using quick install 2.3! forwording,call duration,lancher,ect