Page 7 of 130 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Will this work today or should we call it a day?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
    Yea I just get the "please wait" thing.
    Same problem here - Tweaks page just freezes up. And I have NO tweaks currently installed in my Pre. Had previously (and succesfully) used the keyboard patch. But no tweaks to date.
    So if a system file has changed and quickinstall 2.5 freezes, if I don't do anything how will this affect the phone when 1.2 is released? I removed all mods from\tweaks already but obviously something changed.
    Last time I used the tweak for landscape messaging I had to reset my phone and when I tried to go into my palm pre profile to retrieve certain apps note ect that were backed up and it couldn't find it or it wouldn't work. So before I try this version what can I use to make sure that it backs up properly and that I can get into it if I have to reset it again?
    caleb9r4m@gmail.com
    For everyone having freezing issues (or any issue in general) - it would help to post what Operating System you are using and if you are using version 1.1 or 1.2 on your Pre (I'm assuming most have 1.1.)

Also, are you installing the tweaks one at a time and allowing the phone GUI to restart before applying the next tweak?
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    no tweak gets applied, the program just freezes and nothing happens to the phone. 1.1
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLApre View Post
    no tweak gets applied, the program just freezes and nothing happens to the phone. 1.1
    What OS? It would help to see if the freezing is happening with a certain OS like WinXP, Vista, Mac, etc...
    vista
    Great, I was having problems all day today with other programs. Maybe this will fix some of the issues.

So from what I gather we should remove all patches and tweaks first from the old version before using the new version.

Question, is this new version ready for the new WebOS coming this out this week?

Thanks!

Rob

PS And yes, thanks for the great work!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Win 7 rc nothing happens just greys out most tweaks and says please wait 1.1
    No tweaks applied with 2.5. Windows XP. Phone is at 1.1.

Program freezes when trying to apply a tweak, and have to close it with the Windows task manager.

2.03 still works for me.
    i'm on vista.
    the freeze-up is happening for me with WebOS 1.1 and in Ubuntu 9.04. Doubt there are too many others using it on Linux though...

The comp's OS shouldn't really matter though because with Java it is platform independent.
    1.1. undid all tweaks. freezes
    Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post
    Anyone test out the themes in the theme gallery with this.. any problems? thoughts?
    I know this is off subject, because I'm still using the old webos install, but I've used some of the PreThemers, and I think it's awsome! Just what Im looking for.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    yup, nothing works for me either... just locks up...
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I am running Win XP Sp3 and my Pre is on 1.1

When I click on a tweak, the GUI does not refresh (like it did when installing tweaks with WebOS quick install 2.03) and the program just freezes. The phone just looks like it is charging.

Need to close QuickInstall from Task Manager

BTW, donating now, you guys are doing a wonderful job making the Pre more customizable to everyone's unique needs!
    Using WebOS 1.1, system OS is Windows 7 RC. Most tweaks gray-out, message says "Please wait" and eventually need to kill from the Task Manager.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    well thats sucks, I got rid of 2.3 and no can't undo anything....
    Quote Originally Posted by PantsOnFire View Post
    The comp's OS shouldn't really matter though because with Java it is platform independent.
    Just trying to find a common thread between those having issues. I must be lucky, the tweaks worked fine for me.