Page 68 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768697071727378118 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    Opening conversations in their own card doesn't work well for me. It will at first, but then somehow I end up with two cards with the same convo (and double notification sounds, ANNOYING!). And then sometimes it will work like normal un-modded pre, but the back gesture won't work and I can't go to a different convo without typing the name and bringing the convo up through universal search in contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samik View Post
    ok, i must be a pin head... i can't seem to find the link/command to 'click' on to start the download for the webos quick install... I tried to download the .jar file above, and I get an error ... no program associated to open this file.. what to do ?
    you have to open it up with java
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

3.    #1343  
    New version almost ready. I'm including fixed "download in browser", fixed "spoof iphone user agent", as well as big, but unnoticeable change in how I handle novacom connections, which in turn should improve reliability in theming and patching.
    OK i have tried everything and no matter what i do all i get is the error no device detected. HELP!!!
  5.    #1345  
    Quote Originally Posted by mykal89 View Post
    OK i have tried everything and no matter what i do all i get is the error no device detected. HELP!!!
    I need more info that that to help you. From first post:
    If you contact me, or post in this thread to contact me, you must also include the following information:
    - Device: are you using a Palm Pre or the emulator
    - Operating System (include 32bit or 64bit)
    - Have you followed my troubleshooting guide completely
    I will be ignore emails/posts that don't follow that format.
    [QUOTE=Jason Robitaille;1925329]I need more info that that to help you.

-i am using palm pre
    -i honestly dont know what operating system i have or where to find that info
    - and yes i have followed the troubleshooting guide completely. along with initialy using the "Installing and Getting Started with WebOS Quick Install" guide.
  7.    #1347  
    Quote Originally Posted by mykal89 View Post
    -i honestly dont know what operating system i have or where to find that info
    Well, is it Windows, Linux or Mac?
    windows
    If you contact me, or post in this thread to contact me, you must also include the following information:
    - Device: are you using a Palm Pre or the emulator
    - Operating System (include 32bit or 64bit)
    - Have you followed my troubleshooting guide completely
    I will be ignore emails/posts that don't follow that format.
    [/QUOTE]

Hi Jason,

I'm running into a similar problem where I have followed the instructions to the letter and am still not able to connect.

I have installed novacomd manually and even edited it with Orca, but still I get nothing. My Pre is set to Dev Mode and I have cycled it many times. My computer recognizes both Palm Novacomd and I can access my Palm Pre as an external hard drive. WebOS Quick Install is running and I have java updated. I have my Pre set to "just charge" and have even tried "Thumb Drive" mode and still nothing.

Device: Palm Pre (updated 1.1)
    Operating System: 32bit Windows XP SP3
    I have followed your troubleshooting guide completely.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Edit: I just installed Web OS Quick Install v2.6 and still have the same issue. Thank you for staying vigilant!
    Last edited by nikon32x; 09/28/2009 at 11:54 AM.
  10.    #1350  
    I'm away from home at the moment, but I wanted to let everyone know v2.6 is uploaded
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 09/28/2009 at 01:11 PM.
    Jason,

I still get this error when applying Download in browser. I ran the repair utility with no errors. Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I away from home at the moment, but I wanted to let everyone know v2.6 is uploaded
    Thank you!! You're the man!
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Jason,

I still get this error when applying Download in browser. I ran the repair utility with no errors. Any ideas?
    +1 I'm getting the same error.
  14.    #1354  
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    +1 I'm getting the same error.
    I'm lookin into it. Either way in a few days when 1.2 hits, this tweak will be uneccessary
    I'm lookin into it. Either way in a few days when 1.2 hits, this tweak will be uneccessary
    I'm going to run the latest WebOS repair utility and see if that fixes the issue. If not, I can wait for 1.2.

Yeah, not really a big deal just wanted to pass it on.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Here is the results of webOS Repair Utility (Windows XP PC) I Disabled all mods using 2.5.3 first.

Code:
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/views/interactivetests/interactivetests-scene.html
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/views/senderror-dashboard/senderror-dashboard-scene.html
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/tutorial/gesture_area_glow_small/gesture_glow_small_00251.png
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.videoplayer/launcher/resources/es_us/views/browser/browser-scene.html
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    --$user$ $restored$ $file$.
    $Modified$ $file$ $found$: /$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$191$.$15$/$stylesheets$/$global$.$css$
    --$user$ $restored$ $file$.
    $Scan$ $complete$!
    ==============================
    * The On Screen Keyboard works again!
    * Character Counter works (had issue in 2.5.2, fixed in 2.5.3).

The following errors below were working fine in 2.5.3.

* Battery % in top header gives this error:

* Messaging working in landscape error:

* Choose avatar error &
    * Messaging forwarding error &
    * Show timestamp gives the same error:

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/28/2009 at 01:52 PM.
    I'm away from home at the moment, but I wanted to let everyone know v2.6 is uploaded
    Thanks for this. Appreciate it!

Got a wee problem.....

I had DOWNLOAD IN BROWSER installed via v2.50. I went into v2.50 and UNinstalled it. Rebooted.

Went into v2.6 (where it is now unchecked) and tried to reinstall and got a chunk error.

Can you tell me a way around this please?
    Which files can I manually restore (without webDoctoring my entire system) to restore browser to default and undo any QuickInstall changes so I can then implement the newest version?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Jason,

Download in browser work for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    Thanks for this. Appreciate it!

Got a wee problem.....

I had DOWNLOAD IN BROWSER installed via v2.50. I went into v2.50 and UNinstalled it. Rebooted.

Went into v2.6 (where it is now unchecked) and tried to reinstall and got a chunk error.

Can you tell me a way around this please?
    Which files can I manually restore (without webDoctoring my entire system) to restore browser to default and undo any QuickInstall changes so I can then implement the newest version?

Thanks
    I don't know if this would help but maybe try and run the webos repair utility and then see if you can add the tweak.