Page 67 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1757626364656667686970717277117 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    All you do is uncheck them. I'd suggest you reboot your PC and your Pre, then try again. I just unchecked mine with 2.03 today and installed 2.53. It was scary, but everything worked.

I'm trying to decide if I can live w/o my tweaks while I wait for Web0S 1.2.1
    dont use themer in webos quickinstaller its better to open preware on ur phone and load that way then uninstall that way as well
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    All you do is uncheck them. I'd suggest you reboot your PC and your Pre, then try again. I just unchecked mine with 2.03 today and installed 2.53. It was scary, but everything worked.

I'm trying to decide if I can live w/o my tweaks while I wait for Web0S 1.2.1
    Reboot doesn't help. I still dont see them checked.
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    I had installed a few twaeks using quickinstall 2.03 version, Today when I went to remove those tweaks, I dont see those checked in the option. I was using 2.03 to remove them too.

Can anyone tell me how to remove them?
    What you can try is to place a check in one of them as if you were installing a new tweak (place it in a tweak you already have installed on your Pre). After you do that, see if your Pre gui reboots like it did the first time you installed tweaks. If it does reboot, close quickinstall and then reopen it after your Pre comes back from the reboot of the gui (luna). Is the check-mark showing again for the one you just tried?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    What you can try is to place a check in one of them as if you were installing a new tweak (place it in a tweak you already have installed on your Pre). After you do that, see if your Pre gui reboots like it did the first time you installed tweaks. If it does reboot, close quickinstall and then reopen it after your Pre comes back from the reboot of the gui (luna). Is the check-mark showing again for the one you just tried?
    Already tried this...
    Pre reboots after I check one of them. When I open the quickinstall I see the check on the new one.
    I uncheck it, Pre reboots but the tweak is still there.
    Already tried this...
    Pre reboots after I check one of them. When I open the quickinstall I see the check on the new one.
    I uncheck it, Pre reboots but the tweak is still there.
    Try this:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1916663
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Ran the repair utility 1.21 too. The scan is clean, no files to be repaired.

Version 1.3 was just released. Try it and see.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

I am getting the same error. Did you ever figure out a fix. I was about to try reinstalling WebOS Quickinstall. Haven't tried going through preware.
    make sure your in dev mode and in just charge on the pre reboot both the pre and your computer then try again using preware on ur phone.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Ok,

So, i had webos quick install working perfectly for awhile, and now i cannot find it anywhere...nor download the new one...i have checked to make sure that java is current and when i download the jar file...nothing! I have downloaded a theme and i want to go back to the original, however i have downloaded more themes before removing the beach theme. so therefore i cannot get rid of one of the screens in that theme that i dont want...Sorry for being a pain but please help
    But did you make sure that "override compatibility" was checked before you ran the utility?
    Quote Originally Posted by markgowen View Post
    Ok,

So, i had webos quick install working perfectly for awhile, and now i cannot find it anywhere...nor download the new one...i have checked to make sure that java is current and when i download the jar file...nothing! I have downloaded a theme and i want to go back to the original, however i have downloaded more themes before removing the beach theme. so therefore i cannot get rid of one of the screens in that theme that i dont want...Sorry for being a pain but please help
    How can you not download it again? It's on page 1, post #1 of this thread.
    I can't get the message tweak to work on Q.I. 2.53 anymore! It worked perfectly for 2 hrs. Then wen I tried to install another messaging tweak, the entire messaging section went to hell giving me the error 9 message.I disabled it, reinstalled the 4 message files, tried to reinstall, no good. Same error. I did the cleanup, came back successful, still no good. I got frustrated and web doctored it. Went back, all tweaks installed except the messaging ones yet again. Any suggestions please??? I'm webos 1.1 on vista 32-bit
    Quote Originally Posted by millz View Post
    I can't get the message tweak to work on Q.I. 2.53 anymore! It worked perfectly for 2 hrs. Then wen I tried to install another messaging tweak, the entire messaging section went to hell giving me the error 9 message.I disabled it, reinstalled the 4 message files, tried to reinstall, no good. Same error. I did the cleanup, came back successful, still no good. I got frustrated and web doctored it. Went back, all tweaks installed except the messaging ones yet again. Any suggestions please??? I'm webos 1.1 on vista 32-bit
    Did you try the webos utility 1.3? It's the newer version. If you did, I'd hold off on installing the messaging tweaks again, especially after you doctored it. Not sure if Jason is going to separate the tweaks into ipk's in the next version. Stay tuned.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    But did you make sure that "override compatibility" was checked before you ran the utility?
    No...didn't check that. Where is that option?

I am trying to scan using 1.3. It's taking forever, esp. the .png files.
  17.    #1337  
    No...didn't check that. Where is that option?

I am trying to scan using 1.3. It's taking forever, esp. the .png files.
    I recommend the new v1.31
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I recommend the new v1.31
    Thanks Jason. Trying it right now.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    All my tweaks have been removed. It ran for about 40-45 mins and restored 5 modified files.

Now going for Q.I. 2.53
    ok, i must be a pin head... i can't seem to find the link/command to 'click' on to start the download for the webos quick install... I tried to download the .jar file above, and I get an error ... no program associated to open this file.. what to do ?