Page 65 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075115 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    v2.54 will probably be one of the last releases with updated Tweaks. WebOS-Internals is porting .patches to ipk files. I'll problably join them, removing most of the tweaks and porting them to ipk installations and letting webos-internals deal with the user support load for patches. I'll problem aid them in porting patches to ipk in the future too.

Some patches, like change launcher opacity or battery %, will remain, given they're variable and a single .patch probably wouldn't be enough.

The upside is there'll be on-device patching and less support-load for me to deal with; more time to work on desktop backup, my repair utility, and my on-device apps.
    Sound like it wound work.
    help..
    I was able to install themes and perform tweaks, but somehow since today, cannot install any thems, i can still perform the tweaks, but the screen stays frozen at
    "Please wait....
    This may take a few minutes to complete,
    so please be patient"

anyone having this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by celliott View Post
    You say to remove all tweaks before upgrading from 2.3 to 2.5, but what if I don't have the 2.3 anymore?

Then go and get the old version back and reinstall it, and may I suggest that you install it into a separate folder, so you can have both versions on your system.

The link to the older version is located somewhere here in this message thread.

Sorry, I don't have the time to look and post a link for you.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Desk top back up is a GREAT idea and much needed.... Thanks!
    What exactly do you mean by desktop back up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernie View Post
    What exactly do you mean by desktop back up?
    See this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-solution.html
    Someone help me please, I get this error on quick install 2.5 when clicking on themer option:
    Error 9:
    No return code found in steam from file:///var/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/theme.xml
    Then I click ok and I get this other window
    Error unable to read xml file
    Missing end tag 422, column 80
    Can someone help me out ? What can I do to fix this ?
    Thank you for you help.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Jason,
    I just wanted to offer a profound thanks. Your work has allowed me to tweak my Pre in a way so that is uniquely mine, and has increased the joy (yes, joy) I get from using it. I donated earlier via paypal, as everyone should. You are my favorite Canadian since Bobby Orr!
  9. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Great program, thanks Jason!

When I click on the button to open the Ipkg Repository Viewer, I get "Error downloading package feed" then "ERROR: Invalid feed url" messages. I am running WinXP32, using v2.53 of QuickInstall, the latest java and verified novacom is running. Tried reinstalling everything and rebooting. And yes my Pre is connected and I chose JUST CHARGE and yes I have an internet connection. This was working the other day but can't get to work the last two days. The tweaks screen is working fine. I also tried the RepairUtility but that didn't make any improvements. Hmmm.... I's stuck here.
    Jason, Ditto Tedcas' comments except you're my favorite Canadian since my wife. I just made a donation, you deserve a lot more.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ohenebajoy View Post
    go to Sun Microsystems and download the latest java
    Java website just tells me to do the MAC OSX Software Update. Says everything is up to date, I even went on macupdate to download the apple update which is supposed to include java 6. Installed that, restarted, still nothing.

My java is version SE6 but in the java pref. window it doesn't list java 6.

I'm stumped, i've tried everything..this sucks.
    Don't feel bad man. No matter what I do, I can't get mine to work either. I've been fortunate to get it to work once, and then it stopped working. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. :-/
    Everytime I try and download this it always says invalid or corrupt jarfile!! How do I get pass this??
    Ok my problem got fix I just turn off my pre opened QI2.5, tools, theamer, a window pops up then I turn on my pre connected to my pc, I click ok on the window saying device not connected and the themer window got loaded . Then I just click on my pc just charge. It worked for my
    I keep trying to install programs with this but it tells me no device found

It is in dev mode and I click just charge

it used to work perfectly! I've even erased it and re-installed it again!
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Great program, thanks Jason!

When I click on the button to open the Ipkg Repository Viewer, I get "Error downloading package feed" then "ERROR: Invalid feed url" messages. I am running WinXP32, using v2.53 of QuickInstall, the latest java and verified novacom is running. Tried reinstalling everything and rebooting. And yes my Pre is connected and I chose JUST CHARGE and yes I have an internet connection. This was working the other day but can't get to work the last two days. The tweaks screen is working fine. I also tried the RepairUtility but that didn't make any improvements. Hmmm.... I's stuck here.
    If you can get to the button for the feed, there is no need to reboot or reinstall...

that opens an external feed... which was either down when you tried it or you were having internet connection problems. I suggest trying it again after you verify your browser can connect to the internet.
    Irish
    Can sum1 tell me how to make an image png for avatar?
  18. jaysenjohnson
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    WebOS Quick Install v2.53

This program is intended for use with WebOS applications that are in-testing, which under section 4.2 of the Palm SDK License Agreement allows for such unapproved applications to be installed on Palm devices. Applications installed with WebOS Quick Install have not be tested by Palm and are installed at your own risk.

This program is freeware, but not opensource. Feel free to share it with other testing forums.

I can be contacted at support@canuck-software.ca
    If you contact me, or post in this thread to contact me, you must also include the following information:
    - Device: are you using a Palm Pre or the emulator
    - Operating System (include 32bit or 64bit)
    - Have you followed my troubleshooting guide completely
    I will be ignore emails/posts that don't follow that format.

Donations are appreciated as I'm just one person developing this app during my spare time.

Enjoy! :-)

NOTE: Remove all Tweaks before upgrading from 2.03 to 2.5

Installation and Usage Guide.

Troubleshooting Guide

Tweaks Guide (slightly out of date, I'll update soon)

Requirements
    • WebOSDoctor recovery rom
      • Do not run WebOSDoctor, or you may inadvertently erase your device to WebOS 1.03 factory settings
      • If you want to download it on your own, Sprint download here, Bell download here (use either if you're just using emulator) and copy that .jar file to the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar

• Java 1.6
      • For Mac OS X, once you've installed Java 1.6, run /Application/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences. Then click and drag Jave SE 6 to top of both list, and exit the program. This will set Java 1.6 as the default version to use.

• Novacom
      • You can manually install Novacom by going in WebOSQuickInstall and in the menu File->Options, then press the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button.
      • If you have issues and you're on Windows, try following these instructions (even if you aren't on Windows 7).
      • For Linux, try downloading the Novacom file here.

• DevMode enabled
      • This can be done by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature.

Lastly, when you plug in the device, if you want to use WebOS Quick Install, choose the "Just Charge" option on the device.

Running WebOS Quick Install
    • Simply double-click WebOSQuickInstall.jar and (as long as Java is installed properly) it will launch

Features
    • Stylish easy-to-use GUI.
    • Cross-platform support (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux).
    • Supports postinst and prerm scripts.
    • Tweaks panel for OS customization on a deeper level.
    • Full device theming support
    • Supports standard ipkg feeds.
    • No Linux knowledge required.
    • No root access required.
    • Support for multiple ipk file transfers.
    • Add files via filechooser popup or by dragging and dropping files onto the transfer queue window.
    • Works with both USB-connected WebOS devices and the WebOS emulator.
    • Full device information section with management of user-installed applications.
    • Send and receive files to and from a WebOS device.
    • Quick-access link to the PreCentral homebrew forums.
    • Handy usage panel that explains the earlier-mentioned requirements.

Screenshots

ChangeLog
    v2.53 - September 23, 09
    - Fixed a minor bug in the "Download in browser" tweak
    -Misc other minor bugfixes

v2.52 - September 21, 09
    - Fixed an issue with sending/receive files, which in turn caused various other errors like "truncated archive", "invalid magic", and others

v2.51 - September 20, 09
    - More detailed error reporting app-wide
    - Fixed Nascar/NFL hiding tweaks
    - Fixed iPhone user agent spoof tweak
    - Fixed virtual keyboard-related freezing issue

v2.5 - September 19, 09
    - Completely redone patcher code
    ---Supports standard .patch files
    ---Extra layer of file safety
    ---More accurate patching
    - Full theming support
    - Added/updated many system mods
    - Added "Messaging Mods" section
    - Added virtual keyboard config settings

v2.03 and below
    -See the original thread for that changelog

Special thanks to the beta testers who helped along the development road the past few weeks. Especially thanks to Dieter of PreCentral, Philip of PreThinking, Ken of WebOSHelp.net, Rod of WebOS-Internals, D94, David Wales and especially Madolen (for all his work with theming). This app wouldn't be what it is without you guys
    I think I messed up. I did not see the file attachment at the bottom of this post for the quickinstall and instead download the file for sprint and starting running it. I think this is the WebOS doctor that I am NOT supposed to run.

I finally found the quickinstall file and downloaded it but now it's too late. I am already running the WebOS doctor? What do I do now? I hope this doesn't break my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by millz View Post
    Can sum1 tell me how to make an image png for avatar?

What I did was take the Pic that I wanted and edited it in Paint and then saved it as a PNG file from there. Did not really have to do much but open Microsoft Paint and then click save as. Then choose your file type as PNG.
    Last edited by alvin319; 09/28/2009 at 09:27 AM.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Thankx. Trying it as I write this