Page 63 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873113 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Have you read through any of the thread? I answered this question (AGAIN) just 3 pages back (page 59) in post 1174. We are here to help, but please, everyone, do a little leg work!
    I read through some but not enough obviously. Thanks for the assistance it is much appreciated.

BTW, if anyone else is looking at this go to page 48 post 951 for the download link.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesne View Post
    I'd sum up what you are in a word, but I'd get banned for it, so I hope an implied word will suffice here:

Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Hey, all I did is create something useful and post it so that other's could benefit from it. Until you contribute something useful yourself you can bite me.
    Carl,

You understand that you are saying this about Kesne, right?

Kesne, the featured developer and speaker?

Kesne the author of Homebrew apps:

Checkers

Fireworks

PrePong

Tic-Tac-Toe

You know, that you are talking to that Kesne, right? The high school student?

Carl, I appreciated you saying how long you have been around:
    ...I have been in the software development business for about twenty years...
    It is hard for me to admit that I have been around that long too. Software like baseball is a young man's game. I know that's hard.

But did you really mean to tell Kesne, "Until you contribute something useful yourself you can bite me."

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    well until someone with a PRE is as willing as Jason has been with his time effort and energy it takes to do all that he has and test it first (FOR FREE!), we are all going to be eternally grateful guinea pigs to do the "testing" ...

Work with Jason privately to resolve the issue. Your post should never have been brought to a public forum in the first place, you're the one who came off looking like the bad guy here.
    Well said!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Carl,

You understand that you are saying this about Kesne, right?

Kesne, the featured developer and speaker?

You know, that you are talking to that Kesne, right? The high school student?

Carl, I appreciated you saying how long you have been around:It is hard for me to admit that I have been around that long too. Software like baseball is a young man's game. I know that's hard.

But did you really mean to tell Kesne, "Until you contribute something useful yourself you can bite me."

- Craig
    Well, with responses like "bite me" (not to mention his first nasty message), this guy clearly isn't capable of calm, mature discourse.

If he has indeed been in software development for 20 years, then it sounds like it might be time to get out and try another job with less stress.

I, too, am grateful for the VERY hard work of guys like Jason and Kesne. The products are not always perfect, but they work hard and are gracious about constructive criticism.
    Last edited by KnoxBNYC; 09/25/2009 at 01:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    If you can select just charge here is what you will need to type in to retrieve the photos. It will be laborious but I can be done.

under file: /media/internal/dcim/100palm/cimg0001.jpg
    under destination folder: choose any folder location

You will have to go through and select each file individually. That is why I said it is laborious. Start with cimg0001.jpg and next get cimg0002.jpg until you get all the ones you want. Hope that helps.
    I was hoping that this would include wallpapers but I guess it does not. It is erroring on my any thing after cimg00011.jpg
    Is there another path for wallpapers
    Last edited by floridadomer; 09/25/2009 at 01:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post

- Craig
    You're right. It was silly of me to even respond to his baiting. I should have taken the high road and ignored it. I guess I felt annoyed that people were biting my head of for trying to make sure that more care is taken when incorporating my patch in the future.

How much the author tests his program is his business. And users can decide for themselves what risks they take by installing software that may or may not be thoroughly tested. But it has always been a point of pride for me that code I write is as close to bug free as I can possibly make it. I spend far more time testing my code and thinking about edge cases than I do actually writing it. So when people, including the author, publicly blamed me for a bug that wasn't mine I took it personally. I don't think my saying that if he is going to use my patch he needs to make sure he tests it better so we don't have a repeat of the problem is unreasonable.

I also think it's funny that people here seem to feel to that it's OK for the author to publicly blame me for a bug that wasn't mine but it's not OK for me to hit "reply" and dispute it. It's not like I posted here out of the blue. I was simply responding to the author's post after someone pointed me to it (I don't normally read this thread). If this is a conversation that should be private then the author should have sent me a PM instead of declaring (incorrectly) to the world that I write buggy code.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJMpre View Post
    So when WebOs 1.2.1 comes out, will I have to do anyhting special to get the update if I have enabled some tweaks from WebOS quick install and I also have MyTether on there??
    No one responded to this. Is that because no one knows yet until 1.2(.1) comes out? I am just curious if I need to be worried about doing the upgrade when it is released if I have some of the tweaks enabled and I have some home brew apps installed like MyTether.
    ...the author should have sent me a PM instead of declaring (incorrectly) to the world that I write buggy code.
    Carl,

I am trying to find where Jason said that you "write buggy code." The only reference I can find that Jason makes is this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    ...Sounds like an issue with the user-agent-changer itself. I can't test that unfortunately as I don't have a Pre and the script only runs on actual devices, not the emulator...
    In this Jason never says any code is buggy. He does not even claim to know what the source of the problem is.

Can you give us the link to where Jason said that you "write buggy code"?

And back to you telling Kesne to "bite me..."
    Hey, all I did is create something useful and post it so that other's could benefit from it. Until you contribute something useful yourself you can bite me.
    Did you know of his programs now in the app catalog and in the Homebrew, and his speaking to developers when you said that? Are you saying that none of that is useful? Or where you not aware of all that Kesne had done?

Either way, do you feel telling another person that they can "bite you" is rude?

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by floridadomer View Post
    I was hoping that this would include wallpapers but I guess it does not. It is erroring on my any thing after cimg00011.jpg
    Is there another path for wallpapers
    Wallpapers are a different story. Those should be wherever you placed them on your phone. For instance, I put my wallpapers under a folder called "wallpapers". So, you will need to know the file name of the the wallpaper and what file type it is. So you will need to receive the following: /media/internal/wallpapers/prewallpaper.jpg

This example is retrieving the wallpaper named "prewallpaper" and the file type is a jpeg with extension .jpg.

For the pictures, make sure after 10 you start decreasing the number of zeros. Number 11 should be cimg0011.jpg with 2 zeros and not cimg00011.jpg with 3 zeros.
    I also think it's funny that people here seem to feel to that it's OK for the author to publicly blame me for a bug that wasn't mine but it's not OK for me to hit "reply" and dispute it. It's not like I posted here out of the blue. I was simply responding to the author's post after someone pointed me to it (I don't normally read this thread). If this is a conversation that should be private then the author should have sent me a PM instead of declaring (incorrectly) to the world that I write buggy code.
    Dude.... EVERYBODY, including YOU, writes buggy code. That goes with the territory. If you wrote code that was perfect, Bill Gates would be singing your praises in every single speech he gives! You had reports in your thread of bugs early on also. It happens. To everybody.

The tone of your message was nasty. Period. Everybody seems to see that but you. It was uncalled for and makes you look petty and immature. Jason is a young college student, yet isn't resorting to sophomoric comments like "bite me."

Like you, I have also been in the IT industry for 20 years. It just doesn't generate good will to behave in such a way. Especially for someone who should be old enough to know better.

Disputing something is cool, but don't jump off the deep end and over-react.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJMpre View Post
    No one responded to this. Is that because no one knows yet until 1.2(.1) comes out? I am just curious if I need to be worried about doing the upgrade when it is released if I have some of the tweaks enabled and I have some home brew apps installed like MyTether.
    for ALL WebOS Palm Updates, to be safe, you must disable ALL tweaks with whatever process you enabled them. This means if you used WOQI v2.03, use it... if you used v2.53, use it... if you rooted the Pre and did it manually, use root...

other apps won't need to be removed, as they won't interfere with the Palm update (they may need updating after, but that is a separate issue)
    Irish
    Sweet! Thanks jason
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I don't know about everyone else here, but I'm unable to get these Tweaks to work. Enabling Email in Landscape gave me an error until I upgraded to 2.5.3. Then it let me click it, but launching my Email app gave me a white screen. I disabled the tweak, rebooted, tried to check it again but now I get an error.

PDF in landscape won't take, I get an error.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thank you for this app. Got it to work on my last Pre no problem. Had to change my Pre and am doing something wrong. But...

Thanks again
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I hit the "Disable all tweaks" button and when my Pre rebooted I could not get into Email. It's just a white screen. Futhermore, I can no longer connect the Pre to my computer. It's not recognized. It says the device has malfunctioned. Looks like I'll have to reset or doctor this thing. Buggy software bites.

BTW, yes I've rebooted and reset the Pre and my computer. I've tried connecting it to a PC and a Mac and both do not recognize the Pre.
    Last edited by htmanning; 09/25/2009 at 05:28 PM.
    Jason, Thank you for this great app! Can I make a tweak request for a future version? I don't know if its been done yet, but if it is, can you include a tweak to disable the charging sound when placed on the touchstone?

Thank you again!
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    My Pre is connected but WebOSQuickInstall says it cannot find it. Now what?

I can do usb drive mode or just charge and it makes no difference.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    just got keyboard in, some themes, a boat load of tweaks (just the 'downloading in web browser is not working for me).....

thaaaaaaaaaaaaank yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Palm pre on sprint
    using mac osx 10.5.8

never rooted, never did anything to pre

Java says its up to date. (java site says run system update, did, everything UTD), BUT when I open up Java pref pane it only shows java 5.0 and 1.4.2? no 6.0 listed although 'about java' says its Java 6.

dev mode enabled

I can't get the webosquickinstall to move any further than the "select sprint/bell/random". It just closes after that.

any help for a mac user in distress?
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    Dude.... EVERYBODY, including YOU, writes buggy code. That goes with the territory. If you wrote code that was perfect, Bill Gates would be singing your praises in every single speech he gives! You had reports in your thread of bugs early on also. It happens. To everybody.

The tone of your message was nasty. Period. Everybody seems to see that but you. It was uncalled for and makes you look petty and immature. Jason is a young college student, yet isn't resorting to sophomoric comments like "bite me."

Like you, I have also been in the IT industry for 20 years. It just doesn't generate good will to behave in such a way. Especially for someone who should be old enough to know better.

Disputing something is cool, but don't jump off the deep end and over-react.
    I agree with you. he is too old to say things like that