Page 6 of 130 FirstFirst 12345678910111656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Seriusly I was hoping for support for 1.2 :[
    guess i will have to downgrade now LOL
    Hopefully I can get some tweaks to work.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Same problem here with the freezing... I uninstalled all tweaks from 2.03 last week (in anticipation of WebOS 1.2 being released on time) and 2.5 freezes when I attempt to add a new tweak. The only thing that seems to work on the tweak page is the "reset to default button"
    IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE spoof iphone user agent tweaK ??????
    Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post
    theme support!!!
    I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by romanmb View Post
    Same problem here with the freezing... I uninstalled all tweaks from 2.03 last week (in anticipation of WebOS 1.2 being released on time) and 2.5 freezes when I attempt to add a new tweak. The only thing that seems to work on the tweak page is the "reset to default button"
    Yea I just get the "please wait" thing.
    Using 1.1, and mine is freezing up as well. Great work on the rest of the updates, love the theme support now!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
    Yea I just get the "please wait" thing.
    Me 3.
    Is WebOS QuickInstall Theming compatible with the themes from prethemer.com?
    Twitter: dullgeek
    A lot of freezing complaints huh...I gotta check it out when I get home...dying to try out 2.5
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'll look into the freezing issue.

I'd like to point out, WebOS Quick Install 2.5 is not WebOS 1.2 compatible.

Chunk errors and "unable to process patch" errors basically imply that the original file on your device isn't how its supposed to be and has been modified from factory state.

I'd suggest, if you're on WebOS 1.1 and have that error, you may want to try http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...tock-file.html
    thanks for the tip. the opacity tweak was giving me a chunk error, but once i replaced the launcher.css file, it was good to go.

love 2.5 so far, jason! thanks for all your hard work!

can anyone point me in the direction of where to find .patch filed and how to apply them? i checked the webos internals site, but it focuses on using quilt, command line, etc. not WOSQI.
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Anyone test out the themes in the theme gallery with this.. any problems? thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    i was told no they r not the same ,there is a difference . not quite sure what that is but thats from a dev.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post
    Anyone test out the themes in the theme gallery with this.. any problems? thoughts?
    I did and its simple and fast to install.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    so I tried to remove the additional launcher pages and am back down to the original three, still get the please wait on the tweak page. running leopard but as I mentioned before my wife's pre had no problems loading the tweaks. so I am guessing there must be a bad file on my pre, I have used preware to modify the the theme, however as also mentioned earlier I have restored back to the originals before trying to run the quick install program. I'll play around some more tomorrow, hopefully someone will figure it out but it looks to me to a problem with a previous tweak on my pre since the other one works fine on the same operating system.
    Here are the tweaks that I've applied and so far I'm having no issues (WinXP SP3):

System Mods
    • Add/Delete Launcher pages
    • 4x4 Icons on launcher page
    • Email working in landscape
    • Call duration in call log
    • Read all/Delete all in email (LOVE this one!!!)

Messaging Mods
    • Show timestamp
    • Character counter

Styling Mods
    • Battery % in top header

I haven't tried any of the themes yet. I did have one slight problem which may be just co-incidental....after I installed the tweaks and turned off Developer mode, I noticed that my web browser was very slow and sluggish. I restarted the phone and it's back to normal.

So far, so good for me. That's probably all the tweaks I'll install for now until WebOS 1.2 is released and then see what changes will be made with the next version of WebOS Quick install.
    Last edited by Trekker; 09/19/2009 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Added OS
    ok so i did the timestamp messaging tweak and the pic next to the texts got smaller, is it anyway to make these bigger or back to the size they were??
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Prethemer is or will be releasing download .xml file option.. The themes on prethemer will not have the .css or .jsjsjs $changes$... $they$ $are$ $filtered$ $out$.. $all$ $of$ $my$ $themes$ $are$ $in$ $the$ $theme$ $gallery$ $in$ $the$ $full$ $version$.. $PRETHEMER$ $WILL$ $BE$ $COMPATABLE$ $WITH$ $1$.$2$ $in$ $its$ $current$ $form$.. $I$ $will$ $have$ $to$ $update$ $the$ $themes$ $in$ $the$ $gallery$ $when$ $1$.$2$ $is$ $released$
    Last edited by madolen; 09/19/2009 at 09:22 PM.
    i cant get decrease screen brightness to work correctly, just freezes up
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Im trying to use the virtual keyboard tweak but it will not let me select the option