Page 59 of 130 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162636469109 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Do you mean you're right-clicking and telling your PC to open the jar file with Java??? All you need to do is double-click the .jar file as if you were opening any other program, document, etc.
    I left click it like its a program, I'm just saying it trys to open with java.
    And actually i just realized it isn't even a .jar file its a "DOWNLOAD file"
    Last edited by lotuz; 09/24/2009 at 03:41 PM. Reason: thought it was important to mention the last part
    Looks like you're on a good path. Keep the forum updated on your results as it may help others who read this thread. Thanks.
    Thanks. I definitely will do.
    Jason, could u read post 1117, when u get a chance. Thanks alot.
    Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    I left click it like its a program, I'm just saying it trys to open with java.
    And actually i just realized it isn't even a .jar file its a "DOWNLOAD file"
    Lotuz, it should be a .jar file. Since it's a "Download" file, I'm assuming you're using Chrome as your browser? Try to rename the extension with .jar or you can download it again using Firefox. Either way should work.

Also make sure you have both Webdr and Webosquickinstall in the same folder (any folder will do so long as they are both in the same folder).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    If code were thoroughly tested there would be no bugs and no strange quirks, right? That would be the definition.
    Not sure why you would think that. Just because something is tested doesn't mean there aren't bugs, it just means it is less likely to have the obvious bugs that would be found in testing (such as the one we are discussing).

What bothers me about this situation is that Mr. Robitaille is not able to test at all because he does not own a Pre. I personally don't believe that a program that modifies system files should be released unless it has been tested first. Because he does not test I have people posting in my thread and starting new threads about how my patch is broken when in fact it is not. I do not like having to spend time diagnosing and fixing other people's mistakes.

It also bothers me that Mr. Robitaille blamed me for the bug instead of looking at his own untested code. Now that he has finally figured out that it is in fact his own bug he does not say "Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you or the users of your patch / my program" but instead he implies that it is still my fault for not supplying him with a version of the patch that runs on the emulator hardware instead of the Pre.

I don't need the hassle and I don't think it's unreasonable for me to say that I don't want Mr. Robitaille distributing my patch unless he tests that it works properly in his program before distributing it to others. I simply don't feel I should have to deal with users' problems that are a result of his mistakes. I ask that people try to understand that.

Carl

PS: I have been in the software development business for about twenty years. Every piece of software, without exception, should be thoroughly tested before being released to the public. That's just my philosophy on it. But I think software such as this that modifies system files on a device that people use for their livelihood and potentially in life and death situations needs to be especially carefully tested before a public release. Sure this time nothing really bad happened to people's phones because of this easily preventable bug but the next one might be worse. Especially given that this program's target demographic seems to be people that aren't comfortable hacking the device themselves from the Linux command line it seems to me to be especially imperative to make sure it just works without causing unecessary problems for people.
    Last edited by clipcarl; 09/24/2009 at 04:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    By the way, I just tried Spoof iPhone user agent and it works perfectly for me now.

Could everyone else chime in if 2.5.3 fixed Spoof iPhone for you?

What I did...

1. Remove Virtual Keyboard
    2. Run webOS Quick Install 2.5.3 and clicked Disable all mods.
    3. Unistall any theme.
    4. Run webOS Repair Utility 1.1 with Option Over-ride Compatibility On. (Turn off when done.)
    5. Run webOS Quick Install 2.5.3 to install patches.

Character Counter works now!

- Craig
    i still get chunk errors after doing everytihng u did
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

wow i have so many problems with 2.53....i even got the white bar at the top for the battery %
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Lotuz, it should be a .jar file. Since it's a "Download" file, I'm assuming you're using Chrome as your browser? Try to rename the extension with .jar or you can download it again using Firefox. Either way should work.

Also make sure you have both Webdr and Webosquickinstall in the same folder (any folder will do so long as they are both in the same folder).
    Thanks, everything seems to be working now. Hopefully I can figure out how to get everything working on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    wow i have so many problems with 2.53....i even got the white bar at the top for the battery %
    same thing happened to me, but i unchecked it, let it reboot, reenabled it, it works fine now.
    im not gonna put anymore tweaks...2.52 was working perfectly b4 till today...im getting error after error...and the repair utility says nothing is wrong...and i dont feel like doctoring my pre so ima wait for the update without the tweaks...sucks yeah i know
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    im not gonna put anymore tweaks...2.52 was working perfectly b4 till today...im getting error after error...and the repair utility says nothing is wrong...and i dont feel like doctoring my pre so ima wait for the update without the tweaks...sucks yeah i know
    I'm having similar problems. See my description at:

http://forums.webosnation.com/showthread.php?p=1916618
    Jason,

I was wondering if you can add 2 options for enabling timestamps: one with dividers and one without. I noticed your tweak doesn't have the dividers, but I kind of like them. If not, it's no big deal. I can always do the patch manually. It's just that it's so much more convenient via Quick Install. Thanks.
    Can you possibly add the state view patch to WQI?

phone/state.patch - modifications in WebOS Internals - Gitorious
    Can anyone help me? I downloaded the WebOSdoctor and quick install (using chrome. Vista). When i did the battery change to % thing, the screen turned white. Its the place where you usually have the network signal, battery power and stuff. Also, when i connect the phone to the system.. I cant see the 3 options its shows normally when u connect the phone to the system. It just charges without showing anything. Did anyone else see this happen? Please help me.

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nitinkumarg View Post
    Can anyone help me? I downloaded the WebOSdoctor and quick install (using chrome. Vista). When i did the battery change to % thing, the screen turned white. Its the place where you usually have the network signal, battery power and stuff. Also, when i connect the phone to the system.. I cant see the 3 options its shows normally when u connect the phone to the system. It just charges without showing anything. Did anyone else see this happen? Please help me.

thanks
    Try removing it and re-applying it. Many others reported that this fixes the issue.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

ok, so i asked this when 2.5 was originally posted, but didn't see an answer. how do i install a .patch file with WOSQI? i tried sending the file over to the correct directory, but no go.
    Hi im using windows vista 64-bit and everytime i plug in my pre it says found new hardware but it doesnt install the driver can someone help im new to this
    where do you find the quick install?
    Quote Originally Posted by emarib View Post
    you can download it from the first post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by emarib View Post
    First message of this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...all-contd.html