Page 58 of 130 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368108 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #1141  
    I am new to all of this, and am attempting to install the initial programs so I can benefit from all of you guys hard work. Is there anyone out there that would consider calling me and walking me through fixing my phone? I keep reading posts, and looking for information, but there is so much out there I just end up confused. I am not completely tech-stupid, but am not a programmer either. If you are willing to help me understand, please email me at reddick.family@yaho.com to set up some time. Thanks.
  2. #1142  
    I can not remove tweaks with the newest version of quick install! does anyone have a copy of the version just before the most recent? I really want to remove these tweaks before the 1.2 update
  3. #1143  
    dammit i noticed tweaks are gone now too.


    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  4. #1144  
    Quote Originally Posted by supervillain View Post
    I can not remove tweaks with the newest version of quick install! does anyone have a copy of the version just before the most recent? I really want to remove these tweaks before the 1.2 update
    Quote Originally Posted by twentythreemx View Post
    dammit i noticed tweaks are gone now too.


    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Which version of Webos quickinstall are you guys using and which version did you use when you last applied your tweaks?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  5. #1145  
    I am using the most recent version now. I installed my tweaks with the version form about 2 weeks ago. I forget the number.
  6. #1146  
    Quote Originally Posted by supervillain View Post
    I am using the most recent version now. I installed my tweaks with the version form about 2 weeks ago. I forget the number.
    If you were using 2.03 (which I assume you were) you need to uninstall all those tweaks (yes all of them) with 2.03 BEFORE you can install/manipulate your Pre with 2.5 or greater. If you need 2.03, google canuck software. You'll find 2.03 at Jason's site.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  7. #1147  
    Does this work if you are running Vista? I have tried to download the file, it takes forever to load, and after it says the program is there, I went to the CMD window to verify. It says there is no such file.
  8. dallen13's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #1148  
    Sorry if this is a duplicate question but i can't find an answer through search or the troubleshooting forum...
    I downloaded the .jar file for webos quick install to my mac but when I try to open it, nothing happens. When I clicked to download webos doctor nothing happened so i downloaded it seperately, but still, the logo pops up into my dock and then nothing opens. Am I missing some special mac instructions somewhere or does anyone know how to fix this?

    Thanks.
  9. #1149  
    I'm using the palm pre.
    I'm using vista 32 bit.
    And yes ive done the troubleshooting guide.

    When I download the quickinstal and try to run it, all that happens is a cmd window pops up and thats all. I'm opening it with java script.
  10. #1150  
    Quote Originally Posted by venom376 View Post
    i had some issues as well, but what i did is went back to 2.03 and chose all the tweaks i had chosen before.. even though they we already installed, i checked the empty boxes anyway..

    once i completed that, i went back to tweaks, boxes were now checked.. removed all of them and moved on to 2.5.. works ok for me..

    i hope thats not confusing and hopefully helps someone..
    did u wait for your Pre to reboot after each checkbox or just until it allowed you to recheck those tweaks (which were already installed)
  11. #1151  
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    ...So until such time as you are able to thoroughly test out all the features of your program before distributing it and putting other people's Pres at risk you may no longer distribute my patch...
    If code were thoroughly tested there would be no bugs and no strange quirks, right? That would be the definition.

    The Pre still has bugs that are impacting battery life, signal quality, and so much more. I can't image that the Pre or any smartphone would meet your standard.

    I am trying to think of any program in the past 20 years that meets your requirements.

    If Palm waited until the Pre was thoroughly tested, it would never see the light of day.

    - Craig
  12. mscemt's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #1152  
    Try emailing the attachment to yourself and installing from there. I had a similar issue and that solved it for me.
  13. dallen13's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #1153  
    No luck. I hadn't even thought about that but I tried it and still the same result.
  14. #1154  
    By the way, I just tried Spoof iPhone user agent and it works perfectly for me now.

    Could everyone else chime in if 2.5.3 fixed Spoof iPhone for you?

    What I did...

    1. Remove Virtual Keyboard
    2. Run webOS Quick Install 2.5.3 and clicked Disable all mods.
    3. Unistall any theme.
    4. Run webOS Repair Utility 1.1 with Option Over-ride Compatibility On. (Turn off when done.)
    5. Run webOS Quick Install 2.5.3 to install patches.

    Character Counter works now!

    - Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/24/2009 at 03:11 PM.
  15. #1155  
    I had the same trouple but I am a pc my worked by saving both in same folder I used my c drive then oping it up from there
  16. #1156  
    Awesome. I think Iíve gone & totally messed up my pre. Or Not.
    Ok. Everything was great, working fine. I had only installed the homebrew apps as of late August. I hadn't run into any problems. I was managing well (and installed many of the tweaks successfully) with webOS QI2.03 and thought I was keeping a good enough eye out for the update, which came (and I wasn't aware of) and is now at 2.53.

    I had Preware 9.0 installed fine (including GNU patch, and was able to install the VK). I even had 69 apps (which I thought the limit was 60). Nevertheless, I saw the update for the VK, proceeded to update via Preware, which isn't possible until the update to Preware. So I uninstalled it thru webOS qi 203, and then tried to reinstall the updated vk also via webOS qi 203.

    I believe that therein lays my original problem w/ vk, as I began getting error [4]. Then today I found webOS repair utility, ran it, thought it was great, but still got ďPatch Installing Error [4]" while trying to instal vk.

    Ok, no big deal, Iím currently at removing the tweaks from my Pre from using qi 203. Like post #248, none of the tweaks were checked so I recheck what I had used, then unchecked them. So far so good. If all tweaks are removed w/o a problem, Iíll upgrade to qi 2.53, and see what happens then.
    Alright.

    ===
    update(s)

    **My goal is simply to restore the onscreen virtual keyboard**

    -Finished removing all tweaks using qi 203, ran webos repair utility, just in case (since all tweaks have been removed). No errors. Proceeding to upgrade to QI 2.53
    -Clicked Disable all mods (restore from backup)
    -Tried yet again to install vk via preware > same error [4]
    -Tried to install via qi 2.53 > Appears to be successful; awaiting reboot. Successful.
    vk reinstalled.
    -Proceeding to reenable previous tweaks (donít know when the webOS 1.2 udpdate is coming or not).
    -enabled add/del pages
    -enabled 4x4 icons
    -attempted to enable 'download in browser' > error (didn't catch it)--trying again after reboot--same error: see attached image

    -rebooted
    -enabled min brightness
    -enabled silent phone dial pad
    -enabled hide nascar
    -enabled pdf landscape
    -enabled email landscape
    -enabled call duration log
    -enabled batt % w/ icon
    -enabled msg fwd
    -enabled msg user avatar
    -enabled msg landscape
    -enabled new cards / ea conv
    -enabled timestamp
    -enabled sym+f sym+g
    -haptic feedback (36)

    everything working great so far. gotta get ready for a quick shift @ work. then I'll be back to report any changes or problems (hopefully not). Thanks again.
    ---
    ===
    Thanks in advance if anyone cares to comment or give insight to this. I'll clarify as best as I can. Thanks again.
    Last edited by tihkal; 09/24/2009 at 04:47 PM. Reason: clarity; update
  17. #1157  
    Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    I'm using the palm pre.
    I'm using vista 32 bit.
    And yes ive done the troubleshooting guide.

    When I download the quickinstal and try to run it, all that happens is a cmd window pops up and thats all. I'm opening it with java script.
    Do you mean you're right-clicking and telling your PC to open the jar file with Java??? All you need to do is double-click the .jar file as if you were opening any other program, document, etc.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  18. #1158  
    Quote Originally Posted by tihkal View Post
    Awesome. I think Iíve gone & totally messed up my pre. Or Not.
    Ok. Everything was great, working fine. I had only installed the homebrew apps as of late August. I hadn't run into any problems. I was managing well (and installed many of the tweaks successfully) with webOS QI2.03 and thought I was keeping a good enough eye out for the update, which came (and I wasn't aware of) and is now at 2.53.

    I had Preware 9.0 installed fine (including GNU patch, and was able to install the VK). I even had 69 apps (which I thought the limit was 60). Nevertheless, I saw the update for the VK, proceeded to update via Preware, which isn't possible until the update to Preware. So I uninstalled it thru webOS qi 203, and then tried to reinstall the updated vk also via webOS qi 203.

    I believe that therein lays my original problem w/ vk, as I began getting error [4]. Then today I found webOS repair utility, ran it, thought it was great, but still got ďPatch Installing Error [4]" while trying to instal vk.

    Ok, no big deal, Iím currently at removing the tweaks from my Pre from using qi 203. Like post #248, none of the tweaks were checked so I recheck what I had used, then unchecked them. So far so good. If all tweaks are removed w/o a problem, Iíll upgrade to qi 2.53, and see what happens then.
    Alright.

    Thanks in advance if anyone cares to comment or give insight to this. I'll clarify as best as I can. Thanks again.
    Looks like you're on a good path. Keep the forum updated on your results as it may help others who read this thread. Thanks.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  19. #1159  
    LOL'ing at that fruitcake denying you distributing his patch. What the heck?
  20. #1160  
    make sure you have the RIGHT version of Java AND you have the webosDOCTOR.Jar file in the same exact folder.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions