Page 57 of 130 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267107 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    Can you tell me how to do those? Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by lacaco View Post
    I am running the program on a Mac, and I have enabled the developer mode, I plugged the phone into the computer and it has asked me if I wanted to charge, USB drive or media sync. I have tried on all 3 and the webOS quick install still doesn't recognize my phone. is there a fix for this?
    Thanks
    Larry

Ah...thats your problem....running on a MAC...Apple is now cutting communication with ALL its Apple products with Pre products (MAC now only syncs with IPhone - even USB-IF approved). OR just could be you are running a Mac in the first place....try Windows...that should fix all your problems.
    ok, so whenever i try to add a tweak or install an ipk, nothing happens. if i click on the tweak option, i don't even get a screen to pick a tweak. at least when i click on install ipk, i get a pop-up menu, but still nothing installs. i downloaded the newest quick install, 2.5. any ideas?
    Having this error when enabling "download in browser". Running webos 1.1 with homebrew apps installed, disabled ALL tweaks in webos QI 2.03 before trying to check any in 2.53.

Someone please help, I really don't want to root to repair this.

Quote Originally Posted by rdmpe View Post
    EDIT - found the older version link on post 951 but can't seem to link to it...

Hi, I have the "hide nascar and nfl" tweak on my phone from a previous version of Quick Install. I want to take them off prior to the WebOS 1.2 update, but I don't have that older version of Quick Install here at work and the new version is not recognizing that the tweaks were applied. So I'm looking for a link to download the older version of Quickinstall (2.13 I think?). I haven't been able to find one, can someone point me in the right direction?
    Canuck Software
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Jason, how about excel in landscape? That possible? I know you got PDF and e-mail in landscape, thats great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Sounds like an issue with the user-agent-changer itself. I can't test that unfortunately as I don't have a Pre and the script only runs on actual devices, not the emulator

I disabled those in a 2.51 hotfix as a temp fix to prevent freezing issues ppl were reporting
    The uninstalling of the change-user-agent patch works perfectly and has been thoroughly tested. Only people who have installed it via WebOS Quick Install have had problems so to me this suggests that your program is doing something wrong.

I am concerned that you are distributing software that makes these kind of changes without thoroughly testing it first (you say above that you don't have a Pre and can't test). In the case of my patch, there is enough error checking and safety built in that it shouldn't mess up anyone's Pre but if it didn't whatever issue your program is having could easily have damaged system files in a hard to recover way. Your program is also doing many other things that could mess up people's Pres if not tested properly. I also do not appreciate people thinking that my code is buggy when it appears to be a problem with your program.

So until such time as you are able to thoroughly test out all the features of your program before distributing it and putting other people's Pres at risk you may no longer distribute my patch.

People may get the working patch from the original thread here.

I apologize in advance if this seems a bit harsh.

Thanks,
    Carl
    Last edited by clipcarl; 09/24/2009 at 11:57 AM.
  8.    #1128  
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    The uninstalling of the change-user-agent patch works perfectly and has been thoroughly tested. Only people who have installed it via WebOS Quick Install have had problems so to me this suggests that your program is doing something wrong.

I am concerned that you are distributing software that makes these kind of changes without thoroughly testing it first (you say above that you don't have a Pre and can't test). In the case of my patch, there is enough error checking and safety built in that it shouldn't mess up anyone's Pre but if it didn't whatever issue your program is having could easily have messed up people's Pres. Your program is also doing many other things that could mess up people's Pres if not tested properly. I also do no appreciate people thinking that my code is buggy when it appears to be a problem with your program.

So until such time as you are able to thoroughly test out all the features of your program before distributing it and putting other people's Pres at risk you may no longer distribute my patch.

Thanks,
    Carl
    Wow, yea, that's very harsh, especially considering you have no idea into the background of the bug reports and related coding. The ONLY issue people have reported issue with is disabling the mod, which was due to me forgetting a single line of code, which mistakenly blamed on your script at first but have since added to build earlier today (eta release later tonight).

I take patching VERY seriously, as anyone can attest. V2.51 even introduced an extra layer of safety. And in fact, not only does your script backup "/usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so", but so does my patcher routine.

I must also point out, this would have been much easier to test and debug if there were an emulator equibvalent patch to test out; so I was reliant on testers to voice out issues.

Given all that, and that I literally have a build that I'm 99% sure solves the issue, are you still on the stance I'm not allowed to include your patch?
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 09/24/2009 at 12:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post

I am concerned that you are distributing software that makes these kind of changes without thoroughly testing it first (you say above that you don't have a Pre and can't test). In the case of my patch, there is enough error checking and safety built in that it shouldn't mess up anyone's Pre but if it didn't whatever issue your program is having could easily have damaged system files in a hard to recover way. Your program is also doing many other things that could mess up people's Pres if not tested properly. I also do not appreciate people thinking that my code is buggy when it appears to be a problem with your program.

Thanks,
    Carl
    Wow. Over-react and knee-jerk react much, dude?
    Last edited by KnoxBNYC; 09/24/2009 at 12:35 PM.
    Wow, yea, that's very harsh, especially considering you have no idea into the background of the bug reports and related coding. The ONLY issue people have reported issue with is disabling the mod, which was due to me forgetting a single line of code, which mistakenly blamed on your script at first but have since added to build earlier today (eta release later tonight).

I take patching VERY seriously, as anyone can attest. V2.51 even introduced an extra layer of safety. And in fact, not only does your script backup "/usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so", but so does my patcher routine.

I must also point out, this would have been much easier to test and debug if there were an emulator equibvalent patch to test out; so I was reliant on testers to voice out issues.

Given all that, and that I literally have a build that I'm 99% sure solves the issue, are you still on the stance I'm not allowed to include your patch?

Jason we support and thank you for your great works.
    dont worry about the harsh statement the guy made
    about his patch. I will always use your patches and
    utilities
    thanks again.
    By the way are you working on anything about video?
    Hey jason I was updating the original blue theme from prethemer...and I was doing it through Preware...My question is...is it normal for the battery % tweak goes away after I 1st remove it then install it...its never happened to me b4...was not sure if I shouldve posted it here or in the prethemer website it in the Preware thread
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    i ran webos repair utility and now my computer wont recognize my pre, i clicked try reinstalling novacom on webos quick install and nothing happened, any suggestions
  13.    #1133  
    Quote Originally Posted by zb289 View Post
    i ran webos repair utility and now my computer wont recognize my pre, i clicked try reinstalling novacom on webos quick install and nothing happened, any suggestions
    Ya tried a reboot of either the computer or Pre?
    Am I being ignored
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

15.    #1135  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    Hey jason I was updating the original blue theme from prethemer...and I was doing it through Preware...My question is...is it normal for the battery % tweak goes away after I 1st remove it then install it...its never happened to me b4...was not sure if I shouldve posted it here or in the prethemer website it in the Preware thread
    Do you mean the tweak was disabled when u themed? or that the theme wouldn't skin that part, or what?
    Jason: I'm also getting the "chunk" error message (see attached) in 2.53 under OS X 10.5.8.

Installs work perfectly, but Tweaks generate the message and won't install.

Edit: It accepted Hide NASCAR, but won't accept Hide NFL. Weird.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Ya tried a reboot of either the computer or Pre?
    ya, i rebooted both, pre is in developer mode, just charge.. and like i said that reinstall novacom button never does anything, its like im clicking nothing, is something suppose to show up?
    Do you mean the tweak was disabled when u themed? or that the theme wouldn't skin that part, or what?
    I had the battery tweak working with the blue theme...today there was an update...so I removed the theme when luna restarted the battery % was gone
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Jason: May be a false alarm. Looks like an old version of WebOS Dr. was lying around and installed WebOS 1.0.3 on my Pre before I loaded up QuickInstall. Oops.
    well i know how to fix my chunk errors thanks to some previous posts.. but

now i have a problem with themes. i tried to install a theme that i guess wasn't properly uploaded to the site. it had CSS files in it which i guess cant be replaced? with the xml way of doing it or something? I dont know. regardless...

Web OS quick install thinks that the theme is installed.. skull..that was scrwed up. its not. i hit go back to stock, and it was stuck also. ended up having to task kill it.

then i said screw it and installed the stock ipk again. it STILL says that i have the skull theme

and it wont let me install a theme via webos quick install.

jason - help, pleaaaaaaase!!