Page 53 of 130 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1041  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    Jason,

For the life of me I cannot get the character counter tweak working. I had it with 2.03. I have done everything, including your new Recovery Program. The files that continue to cause the problem when trying to install the tweak are:

\usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.messaging\stylesheets\messaging.css
    \usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.messaging\app\controllers\chatview-assistant.jsjsjs

Is it possible that these files are corrupted within my WebOS Doctor? And I know there was an alleged compatibility issue between this tweak and the "show full IM status" tweak, but I do not have that tweak installed nor have I ever.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Yea, it seems my repair app is skipping lots. Try pressing the "disable all mods" button then in WebOS Repair Utility'smenu, go Tools->Restore Specific File and eone by one try restoring those files
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    I cant even figure out what everyone is talking about with WebOSDR being unzipped and then finding all the perfect files in it. I dont have the option to unzip a .jar file. It just wants to DR my pre. I think if i can at least figure out where these files are i'll be ok...
    Jar files are just java files in a zip. you can't double click on it, but if you open WinZip or JZip or whatever, they can read the file...
    still cant get the avatar to work. i get a "chunk error"

if i restore the chatview file or whatever it was (didnt take a screen shot sorry), it would probably mess up other messaging tweaks right?

would it possibly mess up my currently installed theme also (becuase the theme changed the colors and such for the text windows)
    Thanks for the quick update, but unfortunately I found a problem.

I just installed 2.5.3. Because of the bug in Download in Browser, I used 2.5.3 to UNinstall that patch. Then clicked it (after webOS GUI reboot) to have it reapply the new patch.

The checkbox checked when I clicked it, then immediately unchecked again (like Nascar and NFL were a couple versions ago).

Now the patch is not installed (when I click on a PDF file on the IRS web site, it says that it cannot find an application which can open the file).
    jason removing iphone spoof doesnt work in 2.53 gives me 3 errors
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

where is the file????... I can't find it to donwload it????
    Quote Originally Posted by tatimh View Post
    where is the file????... I can't find it to donwload it????
    Page 1, Post 1 at the end of the post:

http://forums.webosnation.com/showthread.php?p=1905283
    web browser still not working in 2.53
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I disabled all my mods a couple of days ago because I was having some problems installing a couple of the tweaks. I decided to run the doctor this morning (just before Jason posted the Repair Utility).

After I ran the Web OS Doctor, I was able to install the add/delete launcher pages tweak that I had been having problems with. When I tried to reinstall my other tweaks, I am now unable to install the roam only tweak. (I had previously installed this tweak with no problems with ver 2.5 and 2.52.) At first I got the chunk error. When I tried again, the tweak installed, but I got a blank phone preferences pages. I tried several times and I am still getting the blank preferences page. I cannot uninstall it by unchecking the tweak. I have to disable all mods.

I've tried with ver. 2.52 and 2.53.

I've run the Repair Utility twice and it finds no problems.

I'm running Windows Vista and Web OS 1.1. All of my mods are disabled at this point.
    Thanks .... I update the virtual keybort 2days ago and now it doesn't work!!!.... any idea???....
    Thanks a lot
    After running the webOS Repair Utility, I am still getting the Character Counter error that so many other get:

I just did a full webOS Doctor over the weekend but today the webOS Repair Utility found nearly a dozen missing files and 4 had been modified. I let it correct all of them. It ran in just a few minutes. I am using the latest webOS Quick Install 2.52. I have always gotten this error with Character Counter on both an XP and a Vista computer I use.

I will run the utility again. I will post in both forums as I am not sure where to report this.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Page 1, Post 1 at the end of the post:

http://forums.webosnation.com/showthread.php?p=1905283
    I installed update for virtual keybort 2 days ago, but now it doesn't work, any idea>>
    thanks a lot
    hey jason...i have a question/request....just like u have the button disable all mods and restore from backup is there is there a way we can click on all the mods we want...and then when we're done...there's a button that says apply these mods or w.e so we dont have to be clicking and waiting and clicking and waiting?

Edit: so i was having a problem disabling the iphone spoof so i decided to remove all mods with the disable all mods button...worked good...so i decided to 1st click on iphone spoof and it worked...even went on facebook.com and it reverted to iphone.facebook.com...ive been clicking on all these mods...and the ones that dont work that give me errors r...download in browser, offline messages send without dialog, and the sym+f and sym+g hotkeys
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

What are the steps to remove all the tweaks before updating from 2.03 to 2.53?
    Are you talking about just the tweaks that WebOSQuickInstall.jar enabled by clicking on the checkboxes or are there others? If others, how do I find out what others I have installed?
    Also, If I remove the extra , oh what's it called..., the extra apps page, will this automatically move the apps currently on that page back to the original Palm Apps page?

If this can be answered in the original post or a link as to the complete "how to" update, that would be very helpful.

Oh, BTW, this WebOSQuickInstall App RULES!!
    Hello guys, I've aready downloaded the new 2.53 version of WebOs quick install, but how can I get the older version to undo some tweks that I did for my friend's phone? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlt7500 View Post
    What are the steps to remove all the tweaks before updating from 2.03 to 2.53?
    Are you talking about just the tweaks that WebOSQuickInstall.jar enabled by clicking on the checkboxes or are there others? If others, how do I find out what others I have installed?
    Also, If I remove the extra , oh what's it called..., the extra apps page, will this automatically move the apps currently on that page back to the original Palm Apps page?

If this can be answered in the original post or a link as to the complete "how to" update, that would be very helpful.

Oh, BTW, this WebOSQuickInstall App RULES!!
    yes it does!!

If all of your tweaks were done with WebOSQuickInstall, then you remove them in your v2.03 first. If you have others done via other methods (i.e.: rooting) then use that method to remove those even if they are included in WOQI.

Turning on/off the add delete launcher pages tweak does nothing to pages you have added. If you want to remove extra pages you have added, you must do that before you turn off the tweak. Also, if you delete a page that contains apps, the apps do not get deleted, just dumped on another existing page. It is cleaner to move them first before deleting as I am not sure which page it moves them to.
    Irish
    I get this error when trying to enable the download browser option...

anyone else with the same problem?

I was using v2.03 before with no problem... and i disabled all the tweaks before using the latest ver...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The screenshot you gave for the 2.53 Tweaks is missing many of the old ones.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2...ckinstall.jpg/

Just wondering why...
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcatz View Post
    I get this error when trying to enable the download browser option...

anyone else with the same problem?

I was using v2.03 before with no problem... and i disabled all the tweaks before using the latest ver...
    I am getting the same error.

I used the disable/retore button on the old version before I used the new version.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlt7500 View Post
    The screenshot you gave for the 2.53 Tweaks is missing many of the old ones.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2...ckinstall.jpg/

Just wondering why...
    humm... the new version 2.53 has some new tweaks... but the download option for the browser is the only one not working for me...

i'd like to try to enable that option with the old 2.03 version... but unfortunately i already deleted the .jar from my computer...

i really liked that option