Page 52 of 130 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    it makes a very BIG difference!
    \ is windows
    / is linux or unix
    That's what I thought... Thanks... Long night... time for bed...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robdmau View Post
    What if you can't delete it, I can't update it or install it? I run preware and it only gives me the "install" option only, tried to install it and I get and error code 4, run quickinstall and I get the same error... but it works fine on my pre, opens, closes, I can change themes and all, just can't remove it??
    you have to remove those files before the VKB will work. it work for me. one directory at a time
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    You are confusing the tweak with the results of using the tweak.

If you have enabled adding/removing launcher pages, you remove them from the same menu you added them. When you do this, if there are still icons on the page you are deleting, they move to the next page over ( deleting pages NEVER deletes apps!).

If you want to disable the ability to add/remove launcher pages, you disable the tweak through QuickInstall. Once you disable it, you are stuck with whatever you added until you re-enable the tweak.
    Ok. Well. Makes sense. I actally clicked the box to add launcher pages. It added another line for launcher pages. I unchecked the box later that night deciding I don't need the extra room because I deleted all the games off my Pre. Loaded up QI and unchecked the box. Now I just have an extra empty page....

I just wanted to make sure this won't affect my webos 1.2 install, because if necc. I'll make use of the page. I'm just worried from all the "uninstall all tweaks & mods before update" threads...

So my question I guess shouldve been, can I remove the extra page in the launcher tweaks even though its tirned off in tweaks of QI....?
    I just installed new version of webos. I removed all tweaks and virtual keyboard. All worked out except keyboard. Try to re-install with no success. any suggestions?
  5.    #1025  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistergemini View Post
    I just installed new version of webos. I removed all tweaks and virtual keyboard. All worked out except keyboard. Try to re-install with no success. any suggestions?
    I disabled that till I could implement it better

You guys are gonna like what I've got ready for you (or will have once this last test run finishes). WebOS Repair Utility v1.0 looking great and should help many users (if not all) having issue applying patches.
  6. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    gaa! i need help. Somehow i screwed up my pre: tried to install some tweaks, got errors and now pre is stuck at the palm logo and will not load the ui. I want to get my files out before i webos doctor it, but novaterm will not connect. For some reason, webos quick install still can connect and display device info etc. Is there any way to get all my usb drive files out easily before i webos doctor
  7.    #1027  
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    just donated, thanks for everything
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    i cant update my virtual keyboard, i keep gtting an error message
    Hows the messaging open each txt in a new card work for everyone? Sometimes I get a duplicate window open, or if i haev a card open with a txt if i get a txt from a new person when i click the notification it will change the current card to the new person.

Just wondering if it should work flawlessly or if it is still buggy and in development??
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    What ever happened to the message light indicator? I remember reading something about it a while back...any news on that? Is that something coming through on a patch or is it something that should be coming with 1.2.1? Thanks
  12.    #1032  
    Quote Originally Posted by pmpdaddyt View Post
    Try asking the virtaul-keyboard threadabout that. It seems to be a common issue and hopefully someone's solved it by now
    how do i download this
    Quote Originally Posted by pmpdaddyt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Try asking the virtaul-keyboard threadabout that. It seems to be a common issue and hopefully someone's solved it by now

Just an FYI there is no such thing as "updating" the virtual keyboard. If anyone is seeing an "update" option anywhere with an already installed keyboard, DO NOT use it. You must REMOVE the currently installed version of the keyboard. If you "update" or install over it, you will get into a state that requires the emergency recovery process found here:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1910190

Jason, do you know if any other existing tweaks/themes/packages touch palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs $or$ $global$.$css$?
    Quote Originally Posted by long_tall_texan View Post
    OK. I am getting this error when running WOSQICleanUp.jar.

ERROR: MD5 doesn't match. The file "/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css" is modified from its original state. Be sure to restore the original.

I know I need to re-copy the launcher.css from root. I have dowlnoaded the WebOSDoctor.jar and extracted the original file out. Then I copied it over to my Pre using WebOSQI 2.52. It says it copied OK. Then I re-run the WOSQICleanUp and it says it is still modified. So I tried it again from a terminal session. Still no worky. Any pointers?
    Thanks to alvin319 for help with this one. The version of launcher.css that I was getting out of the webosdoctor was not working. It still showed an error. I downloaded the one he posted here: http://forums.precentral.net/1907413-post473.html Then I copied that file over and it worked great. Thanks!
  16.    #1036  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Jason, do you know if any other existing tweaks/themes/packages touch palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs $or$ $global$.$css$?
    Tweaks, I'm 100% certain non touch those. Themes, I'm 99% sure as I haven't come accross any yet but can't guarantee they all are clean of those files
  17.    #1037  
    Minor update. With this update, the "Download in browser" is now properly compatible with WebOS Repair Utility

v2.53 - September 23, 09
    - Fixed a minor bug in the "Download in browser" tweak
    -Misc other minor bugfixes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Minor update. With this update, the "Download in browser" is now properly compatible with WebOS Repair Utility

v2.53 - September 23, 09
    - Fixed a minor bug in the "Download in browser" tweak
    -Misc other minor bugfixes
    Just downloaded the new version. Looks like my "send file" option is no longer working.

EDIT: Re-downloaded and restarted. It now works.
    Last edited by PreFix; 09/23/2009 at 11:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Ok. Well. Makes sense. I actally clicked the box to add launcher pages. It added another line for launcher pages. I unchecked the box later that night deciding I don't need the extra room because I deleted all the games off my Pre. Loaded up QI and unchecked the box. Now I just have an extra empty page....

I just wanted to make sure this won't affect my webos 1.2 install, because if necc. I'll make use of the page. I'm just worried from all the "uninstall all tweaks & mods before update" threads...

So my question I guess shouldve been, can I remove the extra page in the launcher tweaks even though its tirned off in tweaks of QI....?
    You can't remove the extra blank page without the tweak turned on. If you are concerned about it, run QuickInstall again & turn the tweak back on. Open the launcher and go to the blank page. Under the launcher menu, delete that empty page. Restart QuickInstall and turn the tweak off again.
    Irish
    Jason,

For the life of me I cannot get the character counter tweak working. I had it with 2.03. I have done everything, including your new Recovery Program. The files that continue to cause the problem when trying to install the tweak are:

\usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.messaging\stylesheets\messaging.css
    \usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.messaging\app\controllers\chatview-assistant.jsjsjs

Is it possible that these files are corrupted within my WebOS Doctor? And I know there was an alleged compatibility issue between this tweak and the "show full IM status" tweak, but I do not have that tweak installed nor have I ever.

Any help would be appreciated.