Page 51 of 130 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernie View Post
    Dude, i'm getting the same issue, except i have a LIST of like 9 different files that say they've been modified. I've sent all the files over using WQI 2.52 using the files packed in WebOSDoctorP100ewwsprint.jar. I that the same file you used?

Anyone have any ideas? phone is working normally and everything seems to be back to stock. guess we'll see what happens after the update.
    if you don't mind, how did you add these back in? I have 2 errors
    Quote Originally Posted by Robdmau View Post
    What if you can't delete it, I can't update it or install it? I run preware and it only gives me the "install" option only, tried to install it and I get and error code 4, run quickinstall and I get the same error... but it works fine on my pre, opens, closes, I can change themes and all, just can't remove it??
    Dude, i'm getting the same issue, except i have a LIST of like 9 different files that say they've been modified. I've sent all the files over using WQI 2.52 using the files packed in WebOSDoctorP100ewwsprint.jar. I that the same file you used?

Anyone have any ideas? phone is working normally and everything seems to be back to stock. guess we'll see what happens after the update.
    Make sure the location you put in is completely correct... One-time I was off by a letter and had the same issue, took ten minutes to figure it out!!!
    Example for Applauncher:

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/

AND don't forget to do a FULL REBOOT (Orange + Sym + R)
    See my post above:::: Post 989 (atleast give it a try)...
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraVegas View Post
    Make sure the location you put in is completely correct... One-time I was off by a letter and had the same issue, took ten minutes to figure it out!!!
    Example for Applauncher:

i just copied and pasted from the address bar.....i just noticed that you are using forward slashes "/" on the i was using back slashes "\" think that matters?
    i just copied and pasted from the address bar.....i just noticed that you are using forward slashes "/" on the i was using back slashes "\" think that matters?
    I believe it does??? Won't hurt to try...
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Example for Applauncher:

so do I just write down the missing file name and then go to quick install and tool/send files?
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Please try my fix I posted in an earlier POST #841. I have done this to 2 phones and it has been completely successful. In short you need to: Disable All Mods, RUN Clean-Up, Replace All Modified Files it lists with originals and DUE A FULL REBOOT (Orange + Sym + R)!!! If you don't, you will almost always continue to have issues when trying to Apply Tweaks using QI. I don't know why this is but it seems to be the only foolproof way (if you do it right), short of having to Dr. your phone...

You almost always need to do a Full Reboot after you replace any file(s)...

Also, JASON, did you see my suggestions HERE POST #869
    so just write the file name down and then send file in QI?
    so do I just write down the missing file name and then go to quick install and tool/send files?
    When using QI's Send file function you must add the "File", then in the "Destination" area you put the location as it shows above (without the file name). Don't forget the trailing slash at the end (/controllers/)...
    nope...same!

Is it really a headache to go through the WebOS doctor? i might just go through it anyway. even though my phone works just fine....I really liked having those mods and tweeks.
    Did you do the Full Reboot?
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    When using QI's Send file function you must add the "File", then in the "Destination" area you put the location as it shows above (without the file name). Don't forget the trailing slash at the end (/controllers/)...
    where do I find the files?
    You must "Unzip" WebOS Doctor and then a couple of other files... See This Post
    I think this is the framework but it's still not clear to me how to find the files i need from WebosDR. I already have it on my desktop, so what different do i look for when i download DR. 1.1 again. Basically i need to know where to find the files that do not belong.

On #2. from "how to restore individual apps" are those the two files i need to put on the main page of my pre's usb?

And then, using novaterm, i simply change it to write/read, then type in all the files related to any errors im having (im guessing it will be obvious)and the close write/read?
    Last edited by holley2583; 09/23/2009 at 02:13 AM.
    Did you do the Full Reboot?
    Yah...I know the files are copying over, because it said my Phone-backdrop.png was moddified, so I coppied over the correct one and now its back to that ugly green one. After reboot, and run the the cleanup tool, it still says its modified. I'm gonna try and mess with it tomorrow. Maybe some of you guys'll be around.
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    I think this is the framework but it's still not clear to me how to find the files i need from WebosDR. I already have it on my desktop, so what different do i look for when i download DR. 1.1 again. Basically i need to know where to find the files that do not belong.

On #2. from "how to restore individual apps" are those the two files i need to put on the main page of my pre's usb?

And then, using novaterm, i simply change it to write/read, then type in all the files related to any errors im having (im guessing it will be obvious)and the close write/read?
    You shouldn't need to use novaterm... Use QI's "Send File" function....

You need to Unzip each file as explained in How To Restore Original files onto you pc... Preferably in My Documents (if using windows)...

Go into the now Unzipped ./nova-cust-image.castle.rootfs.tar.gz folder and find the "usr" folder. Any files you need to replace will be in this Folder somewhere...

Open QI--- Tools--- Send File

File: "browse" for needed file (whatever file gives error in Clean-Up or when trying to apply mod)

Destination: Location to put file (i.e. /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/ )

Send.... Full Reboot After Last File (Orange + Sym +R)

Hope this helps
    Yah...I know the files are copying over, because it said my Phone-backdrop.png was moddified, so I coppied over the correct one and now its back to that ugly green one. After reboot, and run the the cleanup tool, it still says its modified. I'm gonna try and mess with it tomorrow. Maybe some of you guys'll be around.
    Sounds like the same issue I had when I forgot to put the .app in com.palm.app.messaging part of the location...

Try it again after some rest and really look at everything you are doing/have done... I know I had to come back to it a couple of times... Goodluck!

Oh, and you generally don't need to replace any of the image files, they don't affect the Tweaks in QI
    You shouldn't need to use novaterm... Use QI's "Send File" function....

You need to Unzip each file as explained in How To Restore Original files onto you pc... Preferably in My Documents (if using windows)...

Go into the now Unzipped ./nova-cust-image.castle.rootfs.tar.gz folder and find the "usr" folder. Any files you need to replace will be in this Folder somewhere...

Open QI--- Tools--- Send File

File: "browse" for needed file (whatever file gives error in Clean-Up or when trying to apply mod)

Destination: Location to put file (i.e. /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/ )

Send.... Full Reboot After Last File (Orange + Sym +R)

Hope this helps
    I cant even figure out what everyone is talking about with WebOSDR being unzipped and then finding all the perfect files in it. I dont have the option to unzip a .jar file. It just wants to DR my pre. I think if i can at least figure out where these files are i'll be ok...
    it makes a very BIG difference!
    \ is windows
    / is linux or unix
    Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    I cant even figure out what everyone is talking about with WebOSDR being unzipped and then finding all the perfect files in it. I dont have the option to unzip a .jar file. It just wants to DR my pre. I think if i can at least figure out where these files are i'll be ok...
    If you are using windows like me, Go here for 7-Zip... Install it

Then Right-Click on the webOSDoctor.jar and choose 7-Zip --- Extract Files... Select Ok

Now follow the rest of the directions in the How To....
    thanks so much!!!

donated already! keep the good stuff coming bro!