Page 47 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3742434445464748495051525797 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zb289 View Post
    im reading the "accessing linux" @ webosinternals.org, sorry if this seems dumb but when it says unzip it into the sdk/bin directory, where/what is that?
    If you have the downloaded the SDK to your PC, look in your
    Program Files->Palm->SDK->bin
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zb289
    im reading the "accessing linux" @ webosinternals.org, sorry if this seems dumb but when it says unzip it into the sdk/bin directory, where/what is that?

ok i unzipped it into the bin, but when i go to that file, and click novaterm to run it(hopefully that is how you run novaterm) and it gives me this error, see attachment:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    OK. I know everyone says we need to remove all tweaks before we update to OS 1.2 on Thursday. But what if we don't. What will happen? Has anyone tried? What is the worst that happens? You have to doctor your phone and start over? Or maybe we just have to reapply the tweaks after OS update.
  4.    #924  
    ok i unzipped it into the bin, but when i go to that file, and click novaterm to run it(hopefully that is how you run novaterm) and it gives me this error, see attachment:
    I'm not completely sure why you're posting about novaterm here. If you're trying to install something manually, I'm sure there are better threads on the forums for linux usage info than this one (which strives to be as far away from commandline usage as possible )

Quote Originally Posted by long_tall_texan View Post
    OK. I know everyone says we need to remove all tweaks before we update to OS 1.2 on Thursday. But what if we don't. What will happen? Has anyone tried? What is the worst that happens? You have to doctor your phone and start over? Or maybe we just have to reapply the tweaks after OS update.
    Before 1.2, click the "Disable all mods" button first.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraVegas View Post
    Yes it is a lot of work... I have done the same thing but only for the ones I have had an issue with so far as I don't know every file for every file modified... So if I have an issue with something else than I must figure out what file it is, where it resides and then fumble through the /usr/ folder again... Plus this would save others from having to go through this long process... Jason already knows which files are modified and the locations of those files...

It could be made as easy as Download/copy original file, open QI, select "Send File", copy & paste location, Select File... Send... Done!

Unless, Jason, you are trying to accomplish this automatically using your program in an upcoming release??? Less fuss and confusion???

+1000

definately would help folks out a bunch
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zb289

Did you download the most recent java and Virtual Box BEFORE you downloaded the SDK? If so, I am not really sure what could be causing that error.
    Question: What else should i be looking to delete from Pre's usb besides the virtual keyboard file...is there something in the SDK that i need to do?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    Did you download the most recent java and Virtual Box BEFORE you downloaded the SDK? If so, I am not really sure what could be causing that error.
    ya i believe so, i have virtual box 2.2.4, does it need to also be in the bin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Before 1.2, click the "Disable all mods" button first.
    But I also need to use the cleanup tool too since I installed some of the tweaks using 2.03. Right?

But that still doesn't answer my question of: Do we really have to? Is it really going to goof something up if we don't, or is it just good practice to make sure everything goes smooth?
  10.    #930  
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Question: What else should i be looking to delete from Pre's usb besides the virtual keyboard file...is there something in the SDK that i need to do?
    As far as I know, v2.52 of WOSQI shouldn't even require you to delete the virtual keyboard stuff

And to clarify for everyone, SDK is not required for WebOS Quick Install
  11.    #931  
    Quote Originally Posted by long_tall_texan View Post
    But I also need to use the cleanup tool too since I installed some of the tweaks using 2.03. Right?

But that still doesn't answer my question of: Do we really have to? Is it really going to goof something up if we don't, or is it just good practice to make sure everything goes smooth?
    if you still have v2.03 tweaks enabled, you should remove them before applying v2.52 tweaks (best if done by the cleanup utility).

And using current version of WOSQI will indeed cause issue if you don't click the "disable all mods" button. Future versions will handle this better
    FIXED
    Can someone tell me how to remove the iPhone User Agent Spoof without using WebOS Quick Install? Every time I uncheck it with 2.5, it says can't find c/test. Every time I try it with 2.52, it says error installed exited abnormally.

Is there a way to use command line to get into the phone and remove the patch?

Nevermind, I used the remove all mods button on 2.5, and then added the tweaks I wanted (minus iPhone user agent) on 2.52
    Last edited by dmglouis; 09/22/2009 at 07:12 PM.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Hey dawgs I got a question. i am using the latest version of the great webos installer and I clicked that remove all tweaks thing just to see if it would. It removed everything but the battery percent text. When I try to enable the tweak it tells me: http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1313/...90922at657.png
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    As far as I know, v2.52 of WOSQI shouldn't even require you to delete the virtual keyboard stuff

And to clarify for everyone, SDK is not required for WebOS Quick Install
    Due to the Error4 issue, even after following all the necessary steps deleting all tweaks, the cleanup step, i still have four of the common errors using the style mods on v2.52...i had read @ re writing some of the commands pertaining to each specific error using something from the WebOSDR, but Im not getting exactly what or how to make these changes(back to stock)...
    As far as the VK, i know that having SDK access is not necessary, but I'm just trying to delete all files required in USB to allow the VK to install correctly again. never had the option on the new QI, won't let me do anything...Thanks in advance for any info.
    Last edited by holley2583; 09/22/2009 at 06:05 PM. Reason: errors
  15.    #935  
    Just a heads-up everyone, I'll be on the Palmcast tonight as a guest

http://www.precentral.net/palmcast-live

If you guys wanna ask about future updates/future new products, then would be the time
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    i have the latest version of quick install and package manager, in preware, also newest version, the only option i have for virtual keyboard is to update it, which then gives me error 4, how can i find a place to simply uninstall the patch? sorry if this has been asked before, ive been searching for a while though and couldnt get a clear answer, phone is not rooted
    I have the same issue, but mine only gives me install, not update but either way i get the same "error code 4" I was told to do a doctor... I'm still looking to see what else I can find...
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rumurphy View Post
    I removed and reinstalled Virtual Keyboard to get it to work. This is what I did:

PreWare >> Installed Packages >> Virtual Keyboard >> Remove

then.. to reinstall go to

Available Patches >> Virtual Keyboard
    hmmm, mine VK is not lised under installed packages... only option I get is to install VK, when I do I get and eror code 4...
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    does anyone know where I can get v2.50? I have 2.3 and 2.52 but looking for 2.5

also, where can I find info on the "clean up utility?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I cant get VK to work either, error 4.

Also I get
    whenever I try and install any message tweaks.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Can somebody post v2.03? I removed it and installed v2.5 without removing applied tweaks. Now I am getting many errors when applying various tweaks. Thanks in advance!