Page 46 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3641424344454647484950515696 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 920 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #901  
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMF1500 View Post
    thanks i saw i have 2.51 is there a benefit to updating at this time? And before i do i read i should set all tweaks and themes back to default is that correct?
    Yes, very much so. I accidentally left out a few important lines of code which sometimes cause sending/receiving files to fail, which in turn, spreads to other parts of the program like advanced app installation and possibly theme applying.

    For v2.51 to 2.52, no preparation is really needed


    Quote Originally Posted by J0E View Post
    so.... I loaded quickinstall and doctor on a flash drive and brought it to work. 5 min later and its installed and preware is installed. what the hell? Anyone know why I spent hours last night playing with every setting to no avail but it works fine without any adjustments or restarts on my work computer?
    v2.51 had a bug in it preventing Preware installation. Is it possible before you were using 2.51?
  2. #902  
    i do know that ALL tweaks must be removed when updating to a new version of webOS or a new version of QuickInstall, if upgrading from the before-2.5 era.

    so i removed all of them already from QI version 2.03 (haven't added new tweaks with QI 2.5 or 2.51 or 2.52 yet),

    but regarding extra pages in the launcher (extra pages were added with QI 2.03):

    does ONLY the tweak need to be removed even if i have extra pages now, OR delete all the extra pages and THEN remove the tweak?

    thank you!
    Last edited by LO 21; 09/22/2009 at 02:59 PM.
  3. rumurphy's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #903  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    Ok, I got it all up and running except when I load preware...everything is greyed out except installed packages. Is there a prob with the feeds?
    Had the same problem. You need to install the new versions of PreWare and Package Manager Service..

    That can be done by going to third button in WebOS Quick Install.. dropdown to WebOS-Internal Feeds (all).. then check the two I mentioned above and Download.. then install. That should do it.
  4. #904  
    Quote Originally Posted by rumurphy View Post
    Had the same problem. You need to install the new versions of PreWare and Package Manager Service..

    That can be done by going to third button in WebOS Quick Install.. dropdown to WebOS-Internal Feeds (all).. then check the two I mentioned above and Download.. then install. That should do it.
    which is the newest version of Preware? when i open Preware on my phone it says v0.8.5. is there anything newer?
  5. #905  
    thank you!!!!!
  6. #906  
    Quote Originally Posted by LO 21 View Post
    which is the newest version of Preware? when i open Preware on my phone it says v0.8.5. is there anything newer?
    9.0 is out already. You do need to use quick install to update.
  7.    #907  
    Quote Originally Posted by LO 21 View Post
    i do know that ALL tweaks must be removed when updating to a new version of webOS or a new version of QuickInstall, if upgrading from the before-2.5 era.

    so i removed all of them already from QI version 2.03 (haven't added new tweaks with QI 2.5 or 2.51 or 2.52 yet),

    but regarding extra pages in the launcher (extra pages were added with QI 2.03):

    does ONLY the tweak need to be removed even if i have extra pages now, OR delete all the extra pages and THEN remove the tweak?
    You can leave the extra pages there, should be fine
  8. #908  
    How do I remove launcher pages? I unclick it feature in tweaks but the extra page is still there. I did a restore to factory by backup and the extra page is still there. I only used 2.5 for tweaks. Never 2.3. Now using 2.52(?) latest as of today. Was wondering if I cant get rid of it, will this affect my update?
  9. #909  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    How do I remove launcher pages? I unclick it feature in tweaks but the extra page is still there. I did a restore to factory by backup and the extra page is still there. I only used 2.5 for tweaks. Never 2.3. Now using 2.52(?) latest as of today. Was wondering if I cant get rid of it, will this affect my update?
    Please read the post above your original one (two posts up).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  10. #910  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Umm, which version of WebOS Quick Install did this? WOSQI v2.5 and greater shouldn't cause that kind of issue, and give you an invalid chunk error. And in the strange event that you are talking about v2.5 or greater, the "Disable all mods" button would restore the files.

    If you're talking about WebOS Quick Install v2.03 or earlier, you should unapply all tweaks, then run the Cleanup utility to see which files specifically were damaged.

    Speaking of the cleanup utility, I think I'm gonna make some big updates to it and release it separately as WebOS Diagnostics, expanding the scanning the current cleanup app does to let it detect all damaged files throughout the majority of the device, and possibly add the ability to repair via extracting the fresh files from WebOSDoctor.
    Thanks, the "Disable all mods" worked to restore everything, but now I'm having trouble on some of the tweaks that I had previously had on there. I'm sure I can figure it out. Thanks again!
  11. #911  
    Master reset thru webosdoctor.
  12. zb289's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #912  
    i have the latest version of quick install and package manager, in preware, also newest version, the only option i have for virtual keyboard is to update it, which then gives me error 4, how can i find a place to simply uninstall the patch? sorry if this has been asked before, ive been searching for a while though and couldnt get a clear answer, phone is not rooted
  13. #913  
    I did that & it works great again & I was able to use every tweak in WebOS Quick Install 2.52. I knew it would work using WebOSDoctor but I was hoping someone would have the backup files like someone did for fixing messaging (backup files).
  14. rumurphy's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #914  
    Quote Originally Posted by zb289 View Post
    i have the latest version of quick install and package manager, in preware, also newest version, the only option i have for virtual keyboard is to update it, which then gives me error 4, how can i find a place to simply uninstall the patch? sorry if this has been asked before, ive been searching for a while though and couldnt get a clear answer, phone is not rooted
    I removed and reinstalled Virtual Keyboard to get it to work. This is what I did:

    PreWare >> Installed Packages >> Virtual Keyboard >> Remove

    then.. to reinstall go to

    Available Patches >> Virtual Keyboard
  15. zb289's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #915  
    thats the thing, it doesnt even show up under installed packages, and it use to...
  16. #916  
    Quote Originally Posted by rumurphy View Post
    Had the same problem. You need to install the new versions of PreWare and Package Manager Service..

    That can be done by going to third button in WebOS Quick Install.. dropdown to WebOS-Internal Feeds (all).. then check the two I mentioned above and Download.. then install. That should do it.
    Thanks! But I did that. It wouldn't work at all till I unplugged the USB cable. Then it updated like a bat outa he**!
  17. bamf1500's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #917  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    You'll have to read up on the changes but you don't have to uninstall tweaks to upgrade from 2.51 to 2.52.

    You only need to uninstall tweaks if you're upgrading from 2.3 to 2.5 or greater.
    ok thanks for the fast response
  18. #918  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    How do I remove launcher pages? I unclick it feature in tweaks but the extra page is still there. I did a restore to factory by backup and the extra page is still there. I only used 2.5 for tweaks. Never 2.3. Now using 2.52(?) latest as of today. Was wondering if I cant get rid of it, will this affect my update?
    You are confusing the tweak with the results of using the tweak.

    If you have enabled adding/removing launcher pages, you remove them from the same menu you added them. When you do this, if there are still icons on the page you are deleting, they move to the next page over ( deleting pages NEVER deletes apps!).

    If you want to disable the ability to add/remove launcher pages, you disable the tweak through QuickInstall. Once you disable it, you are stuck with whatever you added until you re-enable the tweak.
    Irish
  19. #919  
    Quote Originally Posted by zb289 View Post
    i have the latest version of quick install and package manager, in preware, also newest version, the only option i have for virtual keyboard is to update it, which then gives me error 4, how can i find a place to simply uninstall the patch? sorry if this has been asked before, ive been searching for a while though and couldnt get a clear answer, phone is not rooted
    This will fix your problem.

    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1910190
  20. zb289's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #920  
    im reading the "accessing linux" @ webosinternals.org, sorry if this seems dumb but when it says unzip it into the sdk/bin directory, where/what is that?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions