Page 45 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3540414243444546474849505595 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 2596
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #881  
    can anybody help? im trying to get the battery percentage on my home screen, next to the battery icon. what tweaks do i need to do to get that.
  2. btruax's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #882  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Sounds like an issue with the user-agent-changer itself. I can't test that unfortunately as I don't have a Pre and the script only runs on actual devices, not the emulator


    I disabled those in a 2.51 hotfix as a temp fix to prevent freezing issues ppl were reporting
    Quote Originally Posted by katsnuts View Post

    After installing 2.53, I try to apply it again and I get the error message (all in one error box)...

    ERROR INSTALLING PATCH: Phone will reboot when done
    ERROR NO BACKUP FILE FOUND: (not installed?)
    ERROR INSTALLER EXITED ABNORMALLY
    I have the same problem, and I don't know what to do to fix it. I have no idea what the user-agent-changer is. Any help?
  3. lvd
    lvd is offline
    lvd's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #883  
    the iphone tweak is still giving me problems in 2.52. It tells me "backup file not found (not installed?)" and the "installer exited unexpectedly."

    i cleared out the 2.03 tweaks before running 2.52 and ran the cleanup utility you posted, which came back without errors.
  4. #884  
    where is the link for 2.0.3 quick install? cant find the download link
  5. #885  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnellkeith View Post
    where is the link for 2.0.3 quick install? cant find the download link
    Search this thread, I saw a couple of different posts with it several pages back.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  6. #886  
    where is 2.0.3 link?
  7. rumurphy's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #887  
    Quote Originally Posted by btruax View Post
    I have the same problem, and I don't know what to do to fix it. I have no idea what the user-agent-changer is. Any help?
    I'm running WebOS Quick Install 2.52. Having same problem with Spoof Iphone tweak... when I uncheck Iphone spoof .. it gives me the same errors.. and then reboots my Pre. After reboot.. it is still checked.

    Any help?
  8. #888  
    rumurphy can you post a link for 2.3 for me
  9. rumurphy's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #889  
    Quote Originally Posted by rumurphy View Post
    I'm running WebOS Quick Install 2.52. Having same problem with Spoof Iphone tweak... when I uncheck Iphone spoof .. it gives me the same errors.. and then reboots my Pre. After reboot.. it is still checked.

    Any help?
    Oh and FYI.. I didn't install Iphone Spoof until version 2.5.. so it's not an issue with 2.0.3.
  10. bamf1500's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #890  
    couple of questions. how do i check what version of the quick install i am using and how do i update it? Thanks
  11. rumurphy's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #891  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnellkeith View Post
    rumurphy can you post a link for 2.3 for me
    Try here:
    Canuck Software
  12. rumurphy's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #892  
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMF1500 View Post
    couple of questions. how do i check what version of the quick install i am using and how do i update it? Thanks
    Top of menu of WebOS Quick Install >> Help >> About >> VERSION NUMBER

    How to update:
    Redownload version here.. http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...all-contd.html

    And just replace the older webosquickinstall.jar with the newly downloaded one. It's that easy
  13. J0E
    J0E is offline
    J0E's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    #893  
    Quote Originally Posted by J0E View Post
    I'm sorry but I've been trying to run this all night so I can install preware.

    I have downloaded webOSquickinstall, I have downloaded webOSdoctor. They are both located in the same folder. I have installed the latest java and verified the correct version was running. I have verified novacom is running. I have enabled devmode on my palm pre. I have verified that I am using the USB and not the emulator and I am in 'just charge' mode.

    My pre is brand new. I just picked it up saturday and haven't installed anything yet.

    I have gone through the entire trouble shooting guide and have restarted my phone and laptop as well as redownloading webosquickinstaller and doctor.

    Needless to say, after all of this and reading about everyone else having success I am frustrated. When I run webOS quick install and click on the img button (3rd button on the right) it simply freezes. Nothing happens. I was getting 'error no device detected' until I put the phone into devmode. Now instead of an error it just freezes. Nothing happens and I cannot press any other buttons. I have to force the program closed with my task manager. Anyone know what is going on?
    so.... I loaded quickinstall and doctor on a flash drive and brought it to work. 5 min later and its installed and preware is installed. what the hell? Anyone know why I spent hours last night playing with every setting to no avail but it works fine without any adjustments or restarts on my work computer?
  14. #894  
    Quote Originally Posted by rumurphy View Post
    I'm running WebOS Quick Install 2.52. Having same problem with Spoof Iphone tweak... when I uncheck Iphone spoof .. it gives me the same errors.. and then reboots my Pre. After reboot.. it is still checked.

    Any help?
    I believe the quickinstall tool is suppose to display the behavior you describe when a tweak cannot be installed correctly (for whatever various reasons). The reason it is unchecked is because the tool did not allow for your Pre to get corrupted with the failed install attempt of your tweak. This is actually a good thing.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  15. #895  
    Quote Originally Posted by Robdmau View Post
    yes that is good so far... After I tried adding in 2.5 there was an error... after doing some reading, I went back to 2.3 to remove all tweaks, went back to 2.5 and added tweaks again... everything works fine, just issues with removing the keyboard...

    at this point I will try to remove everything again and if it doesn't work then off to the doctor...

    I'm not a programer either and I do not expect anyone to give me support so all those comments are not needed... I was simply trying to get an understanding how if everything works, I can't see the keyboard in the Pre for it to be removed is all... I will try what Vegas suggested...

    thanks
    so you misunderstood me doesn't mean I'm a **** but yeah I'm sorry I said it that way
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  16. bamf1500's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #896  
    Quote Originally Posted by rumurphy View Post
    Top of menu of WebOS Quick Install >> Help >> About >> VERSION NUMBER

    How to update:
    Redownload version here.. http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...all-contd.html

    And just replace the older webosquickinstall.jar with the newly downloaded one. It's that easy
    thanks i saw i have 2.51 is there a benefit to updating at this time? And before i do i read i should set all tweaks and themes back to default is that correct?
  17. #897  
    Ok, I got it all up and running except when I load preware...everything is greyed out except installed packages. Is there a prob with the feeds?
  18. #898  
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMF1500 View Post
    thanks i saw i have 2.51 is there a benefit to updating at this time? And before i do i read i should set all tweaks and themes back to default is that correct?
    You'll have to read up on the changes but you don't have to uninstall tweaks to upgrade from 2.51 to 2.52.

    You only need to uninstall tweaks if you're upgrading from 2.3 to 2.5 or greater.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  19. #899  
    Quote Originally Posted by J0E View Post
    so.... I loaded quickinstall and doctor on a flash drive and brought it to work. 5 min later and its installed and preware is installed. what the hell? Anyone know why I spent hours last night playing with every setting to no avail but it works fine without any adjustments or restarts on my work computer?
    my first guess would be differences in OS &/or patch/rev level...

    even though both my work & home pc run XP, they are completely different flavors...

    the unusual part for you is that you had less trouble behind your work firewalls...

    consider yourself one of the lucky ones!!
    Irish
  20. #900  
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMF1500 View Post
    thanks i saw i have 2.51 is there a benefit to updating at this time? And before i do i read i should set all tweaks and themes back to default is that correct?
    according to Jason, from 2.5 on forward, you do not need to remove tweaks before updating QuickInstall. If you are jumping from anything prior to 2.5, yes, remove the tweaks.
    Irish

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions