Page 42 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3237383940414243444546475292 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    OK, I'll start by saying that I believe I caused this and I have searched through the threads already, my issue is slightly different, and I'm hoping to avoid a visit to the dr.

I was making a theme and went to install it, things were installing as the wallpaper changed almost immediately and a few other things had changed. I waited about half an hour and it still hadn't completed so I killed webos quick install. I checked my .xml and it was malformed, I was missing a < in a location. I know my fault for not checking before I tried to install. I went to change back to default and it ran for half an hour and I killed it. Everything looks to be back to default, but now I still can't install anything new, or uninstall to the point of finishing without hanging. I tired downloading an IPK theme and was able to install and uninstall it, but this doesn't help me with loading the theme I created, or anything else not in a ipk form, plus I'd like to have my pre in a good state.

Anyone know where I can manually find files to clear out what must be hanging webos quick install? Or any other ideas? I wasn't going to log in via terminal to my phone but have worked with linux in the past so would rather do this then visit the Dr.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by syang870 View Post
    I was uninstalling the tweaks. Well I just Doctored my phone so it's all good now. Thanks.
    Good choice...I did that last night too
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by syang870 View Post
    The launcher page of my Pre won't open. Can anyone help?
    That happened to me when I tried to add/delete launcher pages. I disabled the mods and my launcher worked again without doctoring.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    Lol you didn't have to do it about 8 times...oh by the way which browser did you use to download quick install?...did you use firefox...sorry I forgot to ask
    No i have been using IE. that should matter should it?
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    any Idea how I can uninstall virtual keyboard? quick install can't see it in the pre, preware can't see it in the pre... HELP
    i keep on getting a erro about my novacom not install
    Can someone help me? I was trying to install the View Email in Landscape tweak, and now my Email app doesn't work anymore, I uninstalled the tweak, and it's still not working. I tried to restore some of the stock files for the email application, but I'm not sure which ones I should do.
    Has anyone figured out why some pre's can handle the message tweaks and some cant? My pre doesnt work with either 2.03 or any of the 2.5's.
  9.    #829  
    Quote Originally Posted by DretheAce View Post
    Can someone help me? I was trying to install the View Email in Landscape tweak, and now my Email app doesn't work anymore, I uninstalled the tweak, and it's still not working. I tried to restore some of the stock files for the email application, but I'm not sure which ones I should do.
    Umm, which version of WebOS Quick Install did this? WOSQI v2.5 and greater shouldn't cause that kind of issue, and give you an invalid chunk error. And in the strange event that you are talking about v2.5 or greater, the "Disable all mods" button would restore the files.

If you're talking about WebOS Quick Install v2.03 or earlier, you should unapply all tweaks, then run the Cleanup utility to see which files specifically were damaged.

Speaking of the cleanup utility, I think I'm gonna make some big updates to it and release it separately as WebOS Diagnostics, expanding the scanning the current cleanup app does to let it detect all damaged files throughout the majority of the device, and possibly add the ability to repair via extracting the fresh files from WebOSDoctor.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 09/22/2009 at 04:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Umm, which version of WebOS Quick Install did this? WOSQI v2.5 and greater shouldn't cause that kind of issue, and give you an invalid chunk error. And in the strange event that you are talking about v2.5 or greater, the "Disable all mods" button would restore the files.

If you're talking about WebOS Quick Install v2.03 or earlier, you should unapply all tweaks, then run the Cleanup utility to see which files specifically were damaged.

Speaking of the cleanup utility, I think I'm gonna make some big updates to it and release it separately as WebOS Diagnostics, expanding the scanning the current cleanup app does to let it detect all damaged files throughout the majority of the device, and possibly add the ability to repair via extracting the fresh files from WebOSDoctor.
    Jason, can you post the cleanup utility on the first page with instructions? It's hard to find.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Jason, can you post the cleanup utility on the first page with instructions? It's hard to find.
    Check post #481 of this thread.

He said he's going to expand the cleanup utility into a WebOS Diagnostics tool (great idea!) so I would imagine once that's done, he would add it to the first post.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

BRAVO!!! This would be a wonderful addition to your current offerings - adding the ability to repair the files for us would be a MAJOR benefit!!!

It would certainly reduce the number of "please help me" posts on this thread
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by smkcpa View Post

It would certainly reduce the number of "please help me" posts on this thread
    Wanna bet?
    Hi Jason,

Do you have an copy of the version 2.03 WebOSQuickInstall.jar file archived somewhere and accessible???

Quote Originally Posted by FiG View Post
    HELP!

Hi Jason or anyone,

Do you have an copy of the version 2.03 WebOSQuickInstall.jar file archived somewhere and accessible?

I accidentally downloaded the 2.5 version of the .jar file overwriting my 2.03 copy BEFORE I remembered to remove my tweeks!

I know I know. *face-palm*

I'd appreciate any help with getting this file. I don't want to reset my device.

Ty!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I retried with 2.52. Using MAC OSX Snow Leopard. I OSDoctored the phone back to factory and then applied my updates and downloaded a few packages. All worked very well and without hiccup.

great work!
    Jason
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by FiG View Post
    Hi Jason,

Do you have an copy of the version 2.03 WebOSQuickInstall.jar file archived somewhere and accessible???
    Canuck Software
    I just tried 2.52 and disabled all mods, then started adding tweaks and it seems great. One thing I noticed was that after adding the iPhone spoof, my computer had a problem recognizing the Pre as it was rebooting. I disconnected it once it was booted, then restarted WOSQI and reconnected the phone, and I didn't run into issues with chunking. Not sure if it was the new version, but seems to work great now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart603 View Post
    Thank you Much jmart!! =]
    ...Speaking of the cleanup utility, I think I'm gonna make some big updates to it and release it separately as WebOS Diagnostics, expanding the scanning the current cleanup app does to let it detect all damaged files throughout the majority of the device, and possibly add the ability to repair via extracting the fresh files from WebOSDoctor.
    Jason,

That would be amazing.

I can't imagine how many problems that could fix.

It would be a huge breakthrough

- Craig