Page 40 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3035363738394041424344455090 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    If it's any consolation, now that you've used the doctor, all the tweaks should be virtually guaranteed to work
    Ran the Doctor and it's still the same as described in my first post about this issue.

Could there be something corrupt in my palm profile that's causing this to happen as soon as it syncs with my phone after it resets???

I hope whatever it is doesn't transfer to my replacement phone when I pick it up tomorrow...

Ugh!
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
  2.    #782  
    Quote Originally Posted by katsnuts View Post
    Good to hear from you Jason. Never had a problem in the past, but I unchecked the IPHONE SPOOF in 2.5, the phone restarted, and it was fully removed.

After installing 2.53, I try to apply it again and I get the error message (all in one error box)...

ERROR INSTALLING PATCH: Phone will reboot when done
    ERROR NO BACKUP FILE FOUND: (not installed?)
    ERROR INSTALLER EXITED ABNORMALLY
    Sounds like an issue with the user-agent-changer itself. I can't test that unfortunately as I don't have a Pre and the script only runs on actual devices, not the emulator

Quote Originally Posted by short_round View Post
    haptic feed back isn't working in 2.51...nor are the keyboard themes showing on the drop down. I just webOSdoctored my phone so everything is cleaned up...had to do it since there were beginning to be a lot of bugs with my phone.
    I disabled those in a 2.51 hotfix as a temp fix to prevent freezing issues ppl were reporting
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I'm getting the chunk error in 2.52.
    I was getting the same exact thing but then i restored the individual files that were giving me the chunk error, by sending them to the correct folder on the pre using WebOS Quick Install and BOOM the patches/tweaks installed just fine! Try it out and good luck!
    Big Jason...just made a donation to help the cause...you rock man!!! People at the job are so jealous of my homebrew apps...I told them about this site and to donate to help assist you in your work...keep going hard man...PALM PRE ROCKS!!!
  5.    #785  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    See my post:

http://forums.webosnation.com/showthread.php?p=1910139

I'm getting the chunk error in 2.52.
    I didn't change anything in 2.52 that would cause patches to now fail. That error means the file wasn't as expected and thus the patch wouldn't be able to apply successfully.

I'll update my WOSQI CleanUp app this weekend to scan more parts of the OS to see what files are modified and and would require restoration.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Sounds like an issue with the user-agent-changer itself. I can't test that unfortunately as I don't have a Pre and the script only runs on actual devices, not the emulator

I disabled those in a 2.51 hotfix as a temp fix to prevent freezing issues ppl were reporting
    So where does this leave me? Is this something I can repair? Thanks.
    I'll update my WOSQI CleanUp app this weekend to scan more parts of the OS to see what files are modified and and would require restoration.
    If i may give a suggestion, in the future versions of the CleanUp app can it be possible for it to fix the modified/corrupted files instead of just telling us about those files?
    Where is the link to WebOs quick install? I do not see it on the page it says it is on.
    Do you have to post a min amount of posts to getg links?
    New version released! Download on first post.

v2.52 - September 21, 09
    - Fixed an issue with sending/receive files, which in turn caused various other errors like "truncated archive", "invalid magic", and others
    Jason is the Canadian Division of Palm software development turning out a release a night right now!

Jason is a college student. At some point he has to go to class again. Go to the opening post and click Donate.

If all 100,000 of us using Jason's program gave him $10, he would be a millionaire. Do your part.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/21/2009 at 10:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Jason, I want to try and restore SPOOF from WOSQI 2.51, can you please post the zip for that version? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    ok i used the 2.03 or whatever the old version was and the only tweak i had was the 5x5 columns. i cant get back to the old version (wont open) so i couldnt untweak that. i managed to get back to the 3 columns like factory style but theyre the same tiny size as the 5x5. so basically its sucking

ANYWAY...
    i think im gonna run the doctor now but im afraid it will brick my phone like it did last time i tried it. i wont be able to get a replacement for a pretty long while and i use my pre alot.

could someone assure me the doctor wont brick my phone or tell me what might brick it
  13. J0E
    I'm sorry but I've been trying to run this all night so I can install preware.

I have downloaded webOSquickinstall, I have downloaded webOSdoctor. They are both located in the same folder. I have installed the latest java and verified the correct version was running. I have verified novacom is running. I have enabled devmode on my palm pre. I have verified that I am using the USB and not the emulator and I am in 'just charge' mode.

My pre is brand new. I just picked it up saturday and haven't installed anything yet.

I have gone through the entire trouble shooting guide and have restarted my phone and laptop as well as redownloading webosquickinstaller and doctor.

Needless to say, after all of this and reading about everyone else having success I am frustrated. When I run webOS quick install and click on the img button (3rd button on the right) it simply freezes. Nothing happens. I was getting 'error no device detected' until I put the phone into devmode. Now instead of an error it just freezes. Nothing happens and I cannot press any other buttons. I have to force the program closed with my task manager. Anyone know what is going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by vistaron View Post
    Where is the link to WebOs quick install? I do not see it on the page it says it is on.
    It's an attachment in the very FIRST post! Look around before asking such question!

Quote Originally Posted by J0E View Post
    I am in 'just charge' mode.
    Try 'USB Drive'. Works for me...
    Looks like the haptic feedback and drop down menus on the virtual keyboard only works on the 2.50 version. Can this be fixed for the 2.51 & 2.52? Is anyone experiencing this with the new updates of quick install?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Can someone PLEASE PLEASE post the 2.5 and/or 2.51 version if they still have it? Thank you for the help.
  17. J0E
    Quote Originally Posted by holycow123 View Post
    It's an attachment in the very FIRST post! Look around before asking such question!

Try 'USB Drive'. Works for me...
    nope, didn't work in usb mode either.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I love the tweaks that WOQI does but I have nothing but trouble when I try to mix themes and tweaks. THEMES and TWEAKS don't work together. Please don't use them together unless you want to spend lots of time trying to get your default files re-installed. Just my opinion others my have better luck..
  19.    #799  
    Quote Originally Posted by short_round View Post
    Looks like the haptic feedback and drop down menus on the virtual keyboard only works on the 2.50 version. Can this be fixed for the 2.51 & 2.52? Is anyone experiencing this with the new updates of quick install?
    As I said, I disabled it on purpose until I could figure out why some ppl were have issues with freezing
  20.    #800  
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerUser View Post
    I love the tweaks that WOQI does but I have nothing but trouble when I try to mix themes and tweaks. THEMES and TWEAKS don't work together. Please don't use them together unless you want to spend lots of time trying to get your default files re-installed. Just my opinion others my have better luck..
    Which Tweaks. Tweaks installed via zip format in Tools->Themer?