Page 39 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2934353637383940414243444989 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #761  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    Wish you would have stated this in the main post...... Pretty much bricked my phone.. Service keeps alternating from EV to No Service to Phone Offline... Battery running down in a matter of 3 hours. Phone feels as hot as a nuked baked potato. The S, F, H, K and Backspace keys don't work. Tried restarts, partial resets and full resets and nothing helps. Can't get it in developer mode because I can't type the code correctly. Also had to create a new profile with a different email address cause I can't type in my current profile email correctly... Can't text, email, sync contacts, sync facebook or my calendar...
    I'd like to point out it's pretty well impossible to "brick" a Pre.

If WebOSDoctor isn't working the normal way, there's a second way, Recovery Mode:

To boot your phone into recovery mode:
    1. If your phone is on, turn it off by pressing and holding the power button and tapping Turn Off.
    2. If your USB cable is plugged into your phone's microUSB port, unplug it.
    3. Plug your wall adapter into a socket, and attach your USB cable to it.
    4. While holding down the Volume Up button on the side of your phone, plug your USB cable into your phone. Continue holding the button down until the USB logo appears on the screen.
    5. Unplug your phone from the wall adapter, and connect it to your computer.
      • You must connect your phone directly to your computer, not through a USB hub or other intermediate device.

Then WebOSDoctor should be able to run
    Yes. I get those options on my Pre. The instructions for the OSDoctor don't say which option to select but I tried both USB and Just Charge and still can't get any further than the "next" button...
    do u hear the sound of when ur pc detects hardware when u plug in ur pre?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Yes. I get those options on my Pre. The instructions for the OSDoctor don't say which option to select but I tried both USB and Just Charge and still can't get any further than the "next" button...
    Choose "Just Charging" then launch WebOSQuickInstall.jar. When the GUI opens, click "file" then "options" and make sure "Device to use" is set to USB Device, then select "attempt novacom reinstallation" - once you do that, try running the "Panic" button - which launches WebOSDoctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    once you do that, try running the "Panic" button - which launches WebOSDoctor.
    wouldnt that revert him to 1.03?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'd like to point out it's pretty well impossible to "brick" a Pre.

If WebOSDoctor isn't working the normal way, there's a second way, Recovery Mode:

To boot your phone into recovery mode:
    1. If your phone is on, turn it off by pressing and holding the power button and tapping Turn Off.
    2. If your USB cable is plugged into your phone's microUSB port, unplug it.
    3. Plug your wall adapter into a socket, and attach your USB cable to it.
    4. While holding down the Volume Up button on the side of your phone, plug your USB cable into your phone. Continue holding the button down until the USB logo appears on the screen.
    5. Unplug your phone from the wall adapter, and connect it to your computer.
      • You must connect your phone directly to your computer, not through a USB hub or other intermediate device.

Then WebOSDoctor should be able to run
    Thanks Jason... It isn't COMPLETELY bricked, but not being able to do the things I can't do listed above rendered it useless...

Running Doctor now...
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
  6.    #766  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    wouldnt that revert him to 1.03?
    Nah, that's a typo. That button just launches the webosdoctor.jar app
    Nah, that's a typo. That button just launches the webosdoctor.jar app
    oh ok thanks for clearing that up
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

thanks. love the new tweaks
  9.    #769  
    Thanks Jason... It isn't COMPLETELY bricked, but not being able to do the things I can't do listed above rendered it useless...

Running Doctor now...
    If it's any consolation, now that you've used the doctor, all the tweaks should be virtually guaranteed to work
    If it's any consolation, now that you've used the doctor, all the tweaks should be virtually guaranteed to work
    LOL... Thanks for all your work on the Quick Install and all the help you've given all of us who needed it...
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    with the latest updates...did the iphone spoof get fixed even though we have our virtual keyboard?...i havent tried it with the latest updates since i installed it last night and i had to delete the keyboard file and install iphone spoof and bring back the keyboard file...
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Can someone please post the original 2.5 file...this 2.52 is giving me crazy errors. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    with the latest updates...did the iphone spoof get fixed
    I've never tried the iphone spoof tweak, although it looks interesting. For those that have tried it, once the tweak is installed, is it configurable from the browser? In other words, can we enable/disable it from the browser in case some sites won't load properly, or is it "on" all the time?
  14.    #774  
    Quote Originally Posted by katsnuts View Post
    Can someone please post the original 2.5 file...this 2.52 is giving me crazy errors. Thanks!
    What errors?
    Question:

I Doctored my phone on Saturday after having issues with Virtual Keyboard. I just wanted to be clean.

I also decided not to install anything until the update on the 24th. I figured I could be patient and wait just a few days.

But after the update happens I want to get my Pre tweaked but more importantly get all my Homebrew apps back on. I'm going threw withdrawal not have them on there, especially DrPodder.

The question is, will WebOS Quick Install 2.5.x be able to work with the new OS?

Can I use it right away to AT LEAST install my Homebrew apps if not the tweaks!

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Good to hear from you Jason. Never had a problem in the past, but I unchecked the IPHONE SPOOF in 2.5, the phone restarted, and it was fully removed.

After installing 2.53, I try to apply it again and I get the error message (all in one error box)...

ERROR INSTALLING PATCH: Phone will reboot when done
    ERROR NO BACKUP FILE FOUND: (not installed?)
    ERROR INSTALLER EXITED ABNORMALLY
    I am having the same problem...just applied the fix, currently restarting the Pre...

Update: GOD BLESS YOU!!! everything seems to be fine again...thanx
    haptic feed back isn't working in 2.51...nor are the keyboard themes showing on the drop down. I just webOSdoctored my phone so everything is cleaned up...had to do it since there were beginning to be a lot of bugs with my phone.
    What errors?
    See my post:

http://forums.webosnation.com/showthread.php?p=1910139

I'm getting the chunk error in 2.52.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 09/21/2009 at 10:04 PM. Reason: posted wrong link
    i dnt what happend am trying and keep say this
    Attached Images Attached Images