Page 38 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2833343536373839404142434888 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Hey again folks,
    looks like the problem was that I didnt delete the files from the old version before using new version for themes. Trying to clean up my computer the other day and deleted the jar for 2.02 Does anyone happen to have a link to it or have it that they could send me?
    Thanks SO much!
    J
    Quote Originally Posted by dsolimini View Post
    The unfortunate part is that we will have to do it all over again if WebOS 1.2 does come out this week!
    Exactly... that's why I'm sitting back LOL at the past 10 pages of posts... everybody scrambling like its a rehearsal for the big show on Thursday when they have to do it all over again after the OS update to 1.2 !
  3.    #743  
    New version released! Download on first post.

v2.52 - September 21, 09
    - Fixed an issue with sending/receive files, which in turn caused various other errors like "truncated archive", "invalid magic", and others
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    Exactly... that's why I'm sitting back LOL at the past 10 pages of posts... everybody scrambling like its a rehearsal for the big show on Thursday when they have to do it all over again after the OS update to 1.2 !
    that's ok with me - at least I understand it now - should make it easier
    just downloaded quick install 2.52, and installed a couple of tweaks (phone dialer silencer and set month as default). WHen i close a card (flip up) i get a very quick drum cymbal noise (like an ms office sound effect).

is that part of one of the tweaks?

thanks Jason..You truly rule.
    I am getting the same problem
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    just downloaded quick install 2.52, and installed a couple of tweaks (phone dialer silencer and set month as default). WHen i close a card (flip up) i get a very quick drum cymbal noise (like an ms office sound effect).

is that part of one of the tweaks?
    Do you mean something other than the "swish" noise that's been there since day 1 of the Pre's release?
  8.    #748  
    Quote Originally Posted by member3007 View Post
    I am getting the same problem
    use v2.52
    First off, thanks for quick install. This is a gem! but I installed the messagelandscape patch via Quick Install and upgraded to the newest version of quick install without first removing that tweak and the % in the battery with the old version. In prepping for the new 1.2 update I realized I couldn't remove message landscape or the % icon. Is there anyway to get the older version of quick install to see if I can remove it that way? Or is there an easier way to do this? Any help is appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Are you saying that you kept the tweaks from 2.3 and then tried to manipulate them with version 2.5 or greater? You should remove ALL 2.3 tweaks using the 2.3 version of Webosquickinstall.jar prior to upgrading to 2.5 or 2.51.
    Wish you would have stated this in the main post...... Pretty much bricked my phone.. Service keeps alternating from EV to No Service to Phone Offline... Battery running down in a matter of 3 hours. Phone feels as hot as a nuked baked potato. The S, F, H, K and Backspace keys don't work. Tried restarts, partial resets and full resets and nothing helps. Can't get it in developer mode because I can't type the code correctly. Also had to create a new profile with a different email address cause I can't type in my current profile email correctly... Can't text, email, sync contacts, sync facebook or my calendar...

CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not having much luck with your quick install program...

Just got this Pre last thursday because the last time I messed with Quick Install it messed up my messaging app and I brought it in and they ordered me a new one. Now they ordered another one for me today because of what it's doing now... Lucky for me, they blamed it on "those damned refurb phones" as the rep who was helping me told me...
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    Wish you would have stated this in the main post...... Pretty much bricked my phone..
    Why haven't you tried running WebOSDoctor.jar to restore your phone to factory settings instead of returning it to the store for an exchange?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Do you mean something other than the "swish" noise that's been there since day 1 of the Pre's release?
    Are you telling me it's been there since day 1? No way. Trust me, I wud have noticed a very quick drumroll cymbal noise. How do I remove it?
    Why haven't you tried running WebOSDoctor.jar to restore your phone to factory settings instead of returning it to the store for an exchange?
    Tried it... Doc doesn't recognize that my pre is connected to the computer. I plug it in to the USB port and the program just sits at the screen where I should hit "Next" after I connect it. The Next button is "grayed" out and I can't continue...

Any help with this?
    I posted this morning about I problem I had trying to install add/delete launcher pages. See description below:

Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Thanks for responding so quickly with the new version, Jason.

I was unable to install the add/delete launcher pages in ver 2.5. I was able to check the tweak and my phone would reboot, but nothing changed. So I removed it.

This morning I installed ver 2.51 and tried add/delete pages again. I checked the block and my phone rebooted. After the reboot, I could not bring up my launcher. The icon would light up and the upper left corner menu said launcher, but the phone would not bring up the page. I rebooted the phone again, but nothing changed.

I decided to remove all mods, but then I got a connection error: Error 12: connection refused. Then error 5, then error 15. I closed out of Quick Install and then opened it again. I hit the remove all mods button again and it worked this time. So I am back to square one.

I am running Windows Vista and Web OS 1.1.

I have to run now, but I will try again when I get home this evening.

Thanks for your help.
    I came home this evening and tried to install it again and experienced the same problem. I noticed that ver 2.52 is out, so I downloaded it and tried again. This time I got the chunk error. I did not encounter this error when I used ver 2.5 and 2.51.

At this point, I have removed all tweaks and I'm not sure what to do next.
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    Are you telling me it's been there since day 1? No way. Trust me, I wud have noticed a very quick drumroll cymbal noise. How do I remove it?
    I do know that there's been a "swish" noise that it makes that's been there since the day the Pre was released. I don't know if we are describing the same noise or not, but to me it sounds like "swish!"
    Trekker
    Did you see my reply about trying to use WebOSDoctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    Did you see my reply about trying to use WebOSDoctor?
    What happens when you plug your Pre into your PC? Do you get the 3 options...Media Sync, USB drive and Just Charge? Or does your PC not even recognize that the phone is plugged in?
    My Calendar will not open at all. I had the same problem for my messaging but I was able to fix it using backup files (messaging.css & 3 other jsjsjs $files$). $What$ $can$ $I$ $do$ $to$ $fix$ $this$ $issue$? $I$ $click$ $on$ $the$ $icon$ $and$ $it$ $does$ $nothing$.

I have tried removing all tweaks also from 2.03 with not success.
    What happens when you plug your Pre into your PC? Do you get the 3 options...Media Sync, USB drive and Just Charge? Or does your PC not even recognize that the phone is plugged in?
    Yes. I get those options on my Pre. The instructions for the OSDoctor don't say which option to select but I tried both USB and Just Charge and still can't get any further than the "next" button...
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    I am having the same issue and I am working with the Virtual Keyboard team to find a solution. Per Jason, this is NOT an issue with Quick Install. Head over to the VK thread in WebOS Development and follow along there. Hopefully we have a fix soon...
    Thanks PreFix. this will take team work